Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Next BW to get a Generations toy?

I second a tigertron as a Voyager.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:39 AM   #12
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
On the other hand, if AoE does poorly, we may never get a new Dinobot and Terrorsaur. That's what happened to Universe Galvatron. Movie 1 Brawl was such an awful shelf-warmer that the Hasbro marketing team looked at Universe Galvatron, who was originally supposed to be a voyager, and said to the designers, "you can't release another big tank. Make it a deluxe". And that's why Universe Galvatron is so shitty, because it's a shrunken down, simplified voyager.
I remember reading that and it clearly shows. That toy would have worked well with voyager size plastic quality, tolerances, everything. It's really close but too small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I think the whole Beast Wars cast needs to be overhauled. When you look at the current Waspinator and Rhinox, and compare to the original run of BW stuff, the originals look pretty bad!
I can't say I agree, I have most of the show cast and I quite like most of them. Both regular and transmetal Tarantulas are pretty close to show, all the Transmetal stuff is great. The earliest toys are the most in need of updates, which definitely include BA, Terrorsaur, Dinobot... I think ultra Primal is still a fantastic toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I want to see all the main cast getting the Generations treatment like Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator. I would like to see a Tigertron and Airazor first though, because they were some of my favourite. I also don't mind if they can remake a better Cheetor. I am okay with the Dinobot that we had from Universe 2.0 .
It would be really interesting to get a Tigatron figure who isn't a straight repaint of a Cheetor toy. Of course if it was show accurate it can't get away from being the same, but a different head, bigger scale, maybe some modern engineering... (and I do like the idea of doing an Airazor toy more specifically 'female' and closer to the show model).

Universe Cheetor is an example of making changes to make the toy 'different' and ending up with a crappier toy...

Thanks for the replies, folks! Who knows if we'll see anymore but I'm pretty stoked with what we've received this year.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #13
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark

Gotta go with RNS' picks for me. Terrorsaur is my #1 pick as it was my first beast wars toys. He never really had any exciting weapons aside from his shoulder cannons, standard issue pistol usually. I think they could give him 2 pistols, then stuff some 5mm peg holes in his shoulder so they can double as cannons.

Blackarachnia definitely needs a new, model accurate toy.

Finally, the world needs a true, proper Dinobot. I would even be happy if some 3p company made a partsforming or non transforming bot just so I could have a show accurate Dinobot.

Every other toy for the most part was pretty good. Maybe a new Cheetor with a Tigatron repaint...that's about all I could think of.
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:44 AM   #14
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

I'd like to see voyager class Inferno "for the royalty Burn triator burn!" , leader class transmutate, deluxe Ravage of the predecon secret police.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #15
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot_Orion View Post
I'd like to see voyager class Inferno "for the royalty Burn triator burn!" , leader class transmutate, deluxe Ravage of the predecon secret police.
Inferno technically is a voyager --- voyager replaced the mega class size when armada came out. With a big price increase for not much more toy. Still he is huge in the show... Could be interesting.

A new ravage so we don't have to pay $200 for metals jaguar... :P

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #16
DuG
Titanium

So far the releases have been maximal, predicon, maximal (rat trap). So I would like to see them continue this pattern and release a predicon next. I'm hoping they will continue to release first season characters in this format until 2016 for the 20th anniversary when they will hopefully release Optimus and Megatron individually or as a two pack.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #17
DuG
Titanium

I guess I never truly answered the question in my last post. I'd love to see them release a scorpinok next.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #18
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I would like a scorpinok as well.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
Scaleface
Beast Machine

I'd say Blackarachnia, because we never got a good original Blackarachnia toy. Plus it woulc be small and skinny, which fits Hasbro's current Generations mandate, to use little plastic.
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #20
Deception
Crossover

if it's a maximal my pick would be tigertron. if i predacon, i would pick tarantulas
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote