Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Next BW to get a Generations toy?

Gen Waspinator and Rhinox are two fantastic toys, and Rattrap looks excellent as well. I particularly like Rhinox because amongst show-characters, he has possibly the worst toy.

What Beast Wars character would you like to next see get an updated toy in the Generations line-up?

My picks:

Blackarachnia - Like Rhinox, she has never had a good toy! In the BW line she had a straight repaint of Tarantulas (which didn't even line-up colorwise), and a Transmetal 2 toy which was simply too big, too chromed, too top-heavy (no pun intended... OR IS IT). Heck, the TM2 toy is basically an action figure with a giant backpack. I'd love to see a pre-TM2 Blackarachnia toy that captures her season 1/2 look.

Terrorsaur - I quite like his original basic level toy. While I'm not really anal about "show accuracy" it would be cool to see a deluxe-size Terrorsaur that more reflected the red/silver deco, found some creative way to fold his wings in, and has his shoulder cannons!

Dinobot - Okay, he's had a hundred toys (or it feels that way). And he had an okay Universe toy a few years ago. What we have never had is a BIG Dinobot toy. In the show he is the tallest Maximal! Make him a voyager, baby. Hell if you generally transplant the Universe deluxe transformation onto a bigger, more solid toy, give him a better paintjob, and don't fuck up his rotate-blade with a stupid missile... we're in. I love that voyager Rhinox is bigger than Transmetal Primal, and I want a Dinobot to stand just above both of them now!

Honorable mention for a new Airrazor, too.

For me, guys like Tarantulas, Megatron, Primal, Cheetor, Inferno, Silverbolt and Quickstrike (damn near the cgi model there) all had excellent toys and don't need a major update. Then again, I love the original Waspinator toy and the Gen toy exceeded my expectations.

Your thoughts?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Oreobuilder
Cybertron
Re: Next BW to get a Generations toy?

If AoE is popular with kids, I can see dini TFs becoming big again. You may get your Dinobot and Terrorsaur.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex

I too vote season 1 Black Arachnia. I currently have animated BA with my maximals just cause it's better than we've got in the past.
Also, we could use an updated BW Inferno too. His Mega Class figure was alright, but a better one would be cooler
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
If AoE is popular with kids, I can see dini TFs becoming big again. You may get your Dinobot and Terrorsaur.

OB
On the other hand, if AoE does poorly, we may never get a new Dinobot and Terrorsaur. That's what happened to Universe Galvatron. Movie 1 Brawl was such an awful shelf-warmer that the Hasbro marketing team looked at Universe Galvatron, who was originally supposed to be a voyager, and said to the designers, "you can't release another big tank. Make it a deluxe". And that's why Universe Galvatron is so shitty, because it's a shrunken down, simplified voyager.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I think the whole Beast Wars cast needs to be overhauled. When you look at the current Waspinator and Rhinox, and compare to the original run of BW stuff, the originals look pretty bad!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
Johnstewling
Banned

Let's hope they don't waste any more development of them at all.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I want to see all the main cast getting the Generations treatment like Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator. I would like to see a Tigertron and Airazor first though, because they were some of my favourite. I also don't mind if they can remake a better Cheetor. I am okay with the Dinobot that we had from Universe 2.0 .
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
typev3
@VinceSanchez

Black Arachnia!

Or Dinobot. I'd be happy with either
Old 06-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Silverstreak5
Mini-Con

I want a Voyager sized Tigertron. He was a tall guy in the tv show. Make him a original mold instead of a Cheetor repaint.

A new Voyager Inferno. Shouldn't be too hard since he is similar to Waspinator.

A new Voyager Dinobot. The universe figure was good, just give him gold shoulder rings, and fix his lower legs and you get a accurate figure.

I also want a Deluxe sized Optimus Primal from Beast Machines and a Voyager sized Obsidian.
Silverstreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Nullray
IGC

Kids will love AoE dinos. I want Barney. j/k
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote