Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: The Hotel Staff

Didn't realize you were talking about the resteraunt LOL

I just wanted to ask if we could take food out to the dealer room floor that wasn't from the special menu.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

[QUOTE=Swalloweddark;523665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post

Well they do it because their on that floor and they have to clean other rooms for people to come in. If they waited until midafternoon than no rooms would be ready when needed.

You could leave the sign on until you were ready for them to come in or even just call the front desk and schedule I time for room cleaning.

But yea, I don't like anyone in my room when I'm not there but I was asked when checking out if I was done wiht the room so they could clean it.
Sorry, I just don't understand why you think an 8:50am room cleaning in a room rented for several nights is a normal thing.

They did correct the situation the next day, which was good but it is not up to me to enforce common sense onto the hotel staff. We had the room for 3 nights, no need for the lady to rush.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #13
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Watching Transformers and YouTube stuff from the convention.
Ok, awesome use of the tv!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

[QUOTE=Robimus;523691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalloweddark View Post

Sorry, I just don't understand why you think an 8:50am room cleaning in a room rented for several nights is a normal thing.

They did correct the situation the next day, which was good but it is not up to me to enforce common sense onto the hotel staff. We had the room for 3 nights, no need for the lady to rush.
I don't know how they do it here. Because as we said, we leave the PRIVATE thing on our door all weekend because we don't want them in there. But at Rad on Dixon Rd. They would call us to see if we wanted any, if we didn't open the door when they knocked and we didn't answer. Barging in unannounced seems quite unprofessional and rude.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

I am allergic to what they clean their sheets in - but then I tend to have a lot of sensitivities to cleaners so have to find domestic ones I am not having issue with. two days was n ot a big deal to manage the minor irritation I had with the sheets.

Quest bar, they gave me a bill for 5 dollars when I had ordered 35 dollars worth of beer, nachos etc. I went to quest bar to get it sorted out. Some may take advantage of that error but I cannot in good conscience do that. I think that surprised them too when I got my bill sorted out.

I think the security staff were a bit more pushy this year than last as the guys with toys who displayed in the lobby were asked to move. They ended up doing a boot sale more or less in the parking lot.

Not bad though <3 I will be back, but with antihistamines next time.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I thought the hotel staff was great, and I had no problem with the people cleaning my room, front desk, etc. Water was plentiful in our hallway (which was good because in prior years I remember water being in short supply).

The Quest bar seems to continue to have some issues with proper staffing (I don't know if it's staffing levels, or the pace of work that staff is used to, but it led to some issues re: timeliness of orders, bills, etc.).

When the place if half-empty, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for someone to drop off some menus, and yet time and time again the speed of their service seemed to be an issue for getting menus (they should have just left them out), ordering, getting food, getting drinks, getting empties cleared, and getting bills.

On a separate topic, did anyone else wish there was something on the TFCon other than family combos for 4 people?

I mean, I don't mind rounding up a few friends and heading to the bar to eat, but our choices were pepperoni pizza, chicken nuggets, and lasagna. Only the pizza and chicken nuggets were really shareable.

Next year, I'd like to see some individual TFCon options for lunch.

Also, you know they have small square glasses for breakfast smoothies? All I'm saying is that if you got them to make up a purple drink (sourpuss and blue curacao) you would have the perfect "energon cube" shot.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
On a separate topic, did anyone else wish there was something on the TFCon other than family combos for 4 people?

I mean, I don't mind rounding up a few friends and heading to the bar to eat, but our choices were pepperoni pizza, chicken nuggets, and lasagna. Only the pizza and chicken nuggets were really shareable.
I thought that too! I was really looking forward to trying the poutine they were offering, but was really bummed out when I found out that menu was a dinner time only thing.

It seems that if you weren't trying to feed a group, you were pretty much out of luck, and I really would like it if next year they made both menus available all day.

That said, the food wasn't really that bad. The pizza was okay, kinda had a problem when the cheese kept getting taken along with the slice but the chicken bites were very good, though I did find a few pieces that were dry.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I thought the hotel staff was great, although the Quest bar tends to have some issues re: timeliness of orders, bills, etc.

When the place if half-empty, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for someone to drop off some menus, and yet time and time again the speed of their service seemed to be an issue for getting menus (they should have just left them out), ordering, getting food, getting drinks, getting empties cleared, and getting bills.

Next year, I'd like to see some individual TFCon options for lunch.

Also, you know they have small square glasses for breakfast smoothies? All I'm saying is that if you got them to make up a purple drink (sourpuss and blue curacao) you would have the perfect "energon cube" shot.
I have to admit the Quest staff were a tad slower than expected, even at breakfast when there were just 3 people taking orders and serving.

As for your other suggestions I agree. I would also like to add:

-a special breakfast menu (singles and doubles)
-a new lunch menu (singles, doubles, and quads)
-the dinner menu from this year can stay the same
-more restaurant staff, the rest (cleaners, front desk, etc) were perfectly fine for me.

I'm not sure if it was possible, but with so many people pre-booked their hotel room, if they could have had all TFCon attendees in the same tower. It's probably not possible, especially if there were requests from non-TFCon hotel patrons, or last minute TFCon arrivals.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

oh, yes, I should add I thought the dinner specials and drinks specials were fantastic. I know most hotels don't go out of their way to offer reasonably priced dinners like that, and I really appreciated it!

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
RageD
Energon

We had the Maple Bacon Poutine for lunch, It wasn't on the menu they provided, but someone mentioned it so we ordered it and it was delicious!