Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Every Hasbro retail cw gestalt (11)

Spare skydive serving as an op max leg.

Thunder mayhem, wreckage, and uw Computron on the way. Hoping to add botcon magnaboss and predacus as well. Doubt I'll ever spend the $ on botcon terrorsaur.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160628_140643.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	33691  

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Every Hasbro retail cw gestalt (11)

Impressive!...and glad that I didn't fall off the deep end and do the same thing I've got...issues

I don't see Devastator in your pic, though...do you not consider him part of the CW line?...I can understand on an aesthetic viewpoint, for sure. But going that far to collect the combiners, yet leaving ol' Devy out?...he's crying, somewhere! Neon green tears!

I'll be capping my UW collection once Bruticus shows up.

I do hope we see Predaking at some point, updated in the same way. Combiner Wars has been a lot of fun! I went the Unite Warriors route...I still say they forgot the 'd' accidentally, but you know you're a fan when you can OVERLOOK GRAMMAR in the name of cool shit

More pics, I say!...moar!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Impressive!...and glad that I didn't fall off the deep end and do the same thing I've got...issues

I don't see Devastator in your pic, though...do you not consider him part of the CW line?...I can understand on an aesthetic viewpoint, for sure. But going that far to collect the combiners, yet leaving ol' Devy out?...he's crying, somewhere! Neon green tears!

I'll be capping my UW collection once Bruticus shows up.

I do hope we see Predaking at some point, updated in the same way. Combiner Wars has been a lot of fun! I went the Unite Warriors route...I still say they forgot the 'd' accidentally, but you know you're a fan when you can OVERLOOK GRAMMAR in the name of cool shit

More pics, I say!...moar!
I have both cw and uw devastator. They're great but don't fit into the scramble city system of the deluxe/voyager gestalts.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Hasbro should give you a medal for this.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #5
joshimus
Metroplex

I went as far as Superion, Bruticus and Menasur, but I kinda want to sell Superion. I just...I just don't seem to care about this line enough.
Also I guess Devestator should be part of the list too.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #6
TRUCKvsGUN

I got the 6 main retail release combiners + devastator, all while they were on sale. After finishing Sky Reign, I feel like I'm done collecting the line, and the boxed sets just don't offer enough variation for their price tags, imo. I'll probably keep my combiners on display until I get 3P combiners further down the line, and even then keep them on hand in bins. They're just so playable.

Combiner Wars has been overdone, but overall, I think we'll look back fondly on it. I think they represent the culmination of the development of combiners over the last decade, from the energon ones to FOC Bruticus and Power Core Combiners, Hasbro finally figured out the trick to making good combiners and ran with it as far as they could.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:31 AM   #7
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post
I got the 6 main retail release combiners + devastator, all while they were on sale. After finishing Sky Reign, I feel like I'm done collecting the line, and the boxed sets just don't offer enough variation for their price tags, imo. I'll probably keep my combiners on display until I get 3P combiners further down the line.

Combiner Wars has been overdone, but overall, I think we'll look back fondly on it. I think they represent the culmination of the development of combiners over the last decade, from the energon ones to FOC Bruticus and Power Core Combiners, Hasbro finally figured out the trick to making good combiners and ran with it as far as they could.
I won't disagree on any level that mold fatigue set in, but I think you nailed it. Hasbro ignored or poorly did combiners from essentially G1 until now. Whatever Hasbro did wrong (too much reuse, Menasor's legs), the combination mechanics are excellent, the toys are big and playable.

I haven't had this much FUN with Transformers in a number of years.