Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Generation One Cartoon Thread

Last night I finished watching the last couple episodes of Season 2 part 2 of the G1 cartoon. Just wondering if anybody has any favorite episodes, any you hate?
I really liked Season 2 part 2 in general. Starscream's Brigade and the Revenge of Bruticus were my favorites with the Search fo Alpha Trion on the list as well.
Least favorites - Season 3 had a bunch of Episodes where everybody caught diseases and lost their minds-those all sucked. The Return of Optimus Prime was my least favorite though I'm sure many would disagree.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: Generation One Cartoon Thread

Yep I love those 2 episodes, particularly 'Starscream's Brigade' I have named as my fav G1 episode before.

I like the post movie (season 3 & 4) episodes, but for different reasons than the early ones. They seem to break the monotonous formula of decepticons searching for natural resources to turn into energon and the autobots trying to stop them.

Although the post movie characters seem more 'stuck in the 80s', or 'retro', or whatever, the episodes seem to have more mature characters and involved character and plot development (of which the pre-movie had almost none, i.e. each character can be totally summed up by one trait or stereotype).

P.S. Nice thread idea, I'll do my part to keep the G1 only talk going!!
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
ohnaji
Beasty

I'll gotta say the introduction of the Dinobots was a real cool moment in G1 history. They were fun characters to watch and unique at the time. Heck, adding dinosaurs to any toy property makes it instantly successful. Call of the Primitives is my favorite season3 ep. Beautifully animated, and edgier than most eps., it was remarkable for the Autobot, Decepticon team up. Loved how the primitives all just took off in the middle of battle. Classic moment.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
I'll gotta say the introduction of the Dinobots was a real cool moment in G1 history. They were fun characters to watch and unique at the time. Heck, adding dinosaurs to any toy property makes it instantly successful. Call of the Primitives is my favorite season3 ep. Beautifully animated, and edgier than most eps., it was remarkable for the Autobot, Decepticon team up. Loved how the primitives all just took off in the middle of battle. Classic moment.
Yeah I was just going to mention Call of Primitives, I can't believe how amazing that episode looks compared to the rest of Season 3 (and frankly S1 and S2) It must have been exclusively animated in Japan or Korea

I also like the Heavy Metal War (Season 1), the introduction of the Constructicons and one of my all time favs DEVESTATOR! Oh and Megs takes a nice warm lava bath

G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca

Last edited by CobraCommander; 07-21-2007 at 08:51 AM.
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
sky_riDe
Generation 2

yeah caling all primatives was a fov for me...same with the introduction of the arielbots unlike devestator these are planes..I'm a jet/plane guy....Go seekers go....
sky_riDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Speaking of Cobra Commander, I didn't like the episode he did the cameo in but I did love the cameo itself. At first I was thinking"why did they make this dude look and sound like Cobra Commander?" then POW!!!! at the end he screams "COBRA!!!!!!!!" Great cross-promo idea. Way better than the old comic tie togethers.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
Prime Sinister
Animated

A Prime Problem was one of my favorite episodes (not mentioned above). A lot of great battle scenes; different camera angles.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Aernaroth
Metroplex

What about some of the episodes from season one? There are some great moments, like in SOS dinobots when prime says

"autobots, transform and roll out! Not you bumblebee." and he just sits there half-transformed looking sad.

Or in Roll For It when Ravage breaks through Chip's wall to get the anti-matter formula, which Chip has already destroyed the disk for. So he begins to taunt Ravage, acting all "what're you gonna do now? Huh?" To which Ravage grasps Chip's wheelchair in his jaws and JUMPS THROUGH A WINDOW instead of just using the hole he made earlier. Never taunt a giant robot panther.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
Nightbeat

Always loved "Dark Awakening". Easily my favorite of the on and off third season.

Most of my other favorites come from the second season. "The Golden Lagoon" "The Secret of Omega Supreme" and "War Dawn" were some of the ones I love.

Golden Lagoon for the nice mix of action and the fact it gave poor Beachcomber something to do. Secret was a nice character tale with an odd sub-plot. War Dawn was just fun and it was enjoyable to see Optimus Prime's origin... I still have fond memories of playing with the antenna and seeing that episode for the first time when I was 6.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

I will put in a vote for Dark Awakening as the best G1 episode ever.

I watched it when it was first released and I was so hopeful Prime would return. But then in the end he dies. So dark. I loved it.

Then they went and ruined it with the Return of Optimus Prime. Which was lame because he so died in Dark Awakening. I guess the writers were forced to fix it cause too many parents were complaining.