Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 11-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Titans Return Brainstorm

Here's my look at the Walgreens exclusive Titans Return Brainstorm! I love this guy for many reasons. Herein, I compare him to his other headmaster partners, his G1 self and his toy model, that of Blurr. I don't live in the US, have no PO Box there and don't live in a location where I can hop the boarder but I( managed to snag this guy and really glad I did. Check him out and see if you share my enthusiasm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_vU0d64fg
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Titans Return Brainstorm

Mine is coming soon. I think he's a really good retool, albeit it's interesting how the removable nosepiece let's them "cheat" a little with retooling.

The intended thing that really bugs me is the single tailfin. I get it, that would require a lot more retooling, but Brainstorm has what my friend calls almost an x-wing silhouette. And then he has to cheat by having fake tailfins on his shoulders which simply rest beneath the alt mode.

Still, i have voyager brainy for my lost light shelf, and this guy to go with the other tr deluxe headmasters.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

He is really, really very good. The paint turned out nice. As for the mold cheating, yep, agreed, but it worked. I show him next to the G1 and he looks pretty danged accurate. I can see the Blurr as a plane complaint but if you really look at the remolded parts compared to how he should look it is pretty respectfully accurate. The one fin might bother some, I understand that for sure, no issue for me but it is a bit of a departure.

I skipped the voyager, not that he appeared at retail here anyway, because he was too large for my personal tastes. Still, depending on the look you are going for, he def works. I can see why someone would choose him for sure.

The most interesting thing to me is that this is a character who has had a rare accomplishment - having two quite stellar updates at both a voyager and deluxe size. He works excellent in both.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
Omegatron
Gen 1

If I may ask, how did you folks get him? I thought he was only available at Walgreens and that they did not ship to Canada.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
RazzAq
Machine War
RazzAq's Ebay Auctions

if you know somebody from US that can help you, that's your best option. I got mine from a friend. couple guys already selling them here. check with them..
Old 11-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
urfwc
Beasty

I was lucky enough to find a guy in Ohio who I previously purchased a entry into his wwe auction for a buck, won the auction a couple months back..soooo I decided to politely ask if he would order me one to his house then to me...id even kick in a few extra bucks. He got back to me a day later and said he popped into his local Walgreens on the way home from work and behold there he was. He bought it and shipped it to me for 24 bucks and I couldn't be happier, he really is a nice figure IMHO and I got really lucky on that one...phew!! But really, great guy to do that and I was fortunate enough to snag one without a inflated price.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #7
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I have no connections in the US, no PO box. Honestly? I got mine from family on vacation there, though someone was kind enough to keep an eye out. My plan, however, was to get him from BBTS. He is still in stock there, last I checked.