Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #2741
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Exclusives goes to whoever is willing to pay for it, so as long as Amazon is willing, they should get them I'm guessing.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #2742
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
Exclusives goes to whoever is willing to pay for it, so as long as Amazon is willing, they should get them I'm guessing.
Except they don't get them and can't fulfill apparently... I'm just wondering if maybe these items are getting cancelled because they decided not to carry them in Canada. Most of the Galactic Odyssey stuff after the medics never even got listed, and now the minicons are cancelled. If Amazon can't/won't, maybe EBGames or TRU will.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #2743
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Definitely not just TFs they're flubbing. A toy we ordered for my daughter shipped promptly, got to my city, sat with the local courier depo until a few hours before Amazon would declare it lost and refund me. Then they declared it "shipped to wrong courier center" (lol, no, Kitchener only has one and it was there). Maybe realizing that one wasn't going to stand scrutiny they changed it a little later to "Damaged, return to sender". I'm waiting for the refund.

And of course that particular doll character is sold out now. But fortunately a character she wants even more is back in stock (was sold out) so I've got that coming for the 13th. Unless it gets sent to the wrong distribution center- no, wait, I mean... damaged! Yes, that's it. Damaged.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #2744
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I recommend anybody ordering anything from Amazon to ship it directly to a Canada Post office, since then the Canada Post courier will have to be accountable and not get it lost.

It prevents it from being stolen from your address, it prevents a courier getting it "lost", and it prevents your item from getting damaged from the elements (since you can't assume they'll put much protective packaging around the item anymore).

There's definitely been a lot of poor work done this season by these 3rd couriers and the contracted couriers that Amazon employs.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:07 PM   #2745
delrue
Crossover

Just based on what I've seen in this thread it seems the majority of people having problems are people receiving their package through a courier and not Canada Post. Apart from the outright cancellations of course.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #2746
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Smile Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Every Amazon exclusive, outside of selects, has come in a form fitting hasbro cover box for me. From Siege Skywarp to Ironhide/Prowl. Pictured is the Ironhide/Prowl cover box that arrived with my order today.

It was my understanding that all units arrived like this and if that is the case then that means amazon removes them from the boxes and then repacks or just stickers them before sending.
Who delivered yours, Canada Post? And which centre or location did it come from? You might be the luckiest one of us here.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #2747
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Who delivered yours, Canada Post? And which centre or location did it come from? You might be the luckiest one of us here.

i dunno, i just order and wait for it to land... or get cancelled. Ironhide/prowl arrived mid day by some dude driving a regular car.

i did place an order for a sweet pair of british knight shoes, checked on that and it says delivery by canada post. guess they mix it up?

im in barrie so i guess it comes from brampton center?
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #2748
cerhit
Machine War

Just got an e-mail from Amazon.ca on my Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Collection Micron Micromasters 6-Pack was.......Cancelled. Amazon: "Due to lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following items from your order. We've cancelled the items and apologize for the inconvenience."
This sucks. Luckily Amazon.com still has them up for pre-order. At least Iron Hide and Prowl wasn't cancelled. I would have really lost it.
cerhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:54 PM   #2749
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

How does it work with Amazon.com? Is there any differences in terms of taxes, shipping, etc to Canada?
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #2750
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
How does it work with Amazon.com? Is there any differences in terms of taxes, shipping, etc to Canada?
Yeah, you have to pay for shipping and duties, all in USD so it costs significantly more. The only plus is paying duties ahead of time so there are no extra costs on delivery like importing from other stores.