Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #31
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: 50% off Zellers coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
I can also confirm that it works. I picked up a GI Joe figure (Cobra Trooper, in case anyone was wondering) and my GF bought some jewelry. When we got home, we printed up a bunch more coupons. We'll be going to a different Zellers tomorrow.

OB

How did you manage to use the coupon? On the coupon it said "not valid in ... PQ locations" (probably due to the fact that the word is in English)...
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I can't say for sure about that, but when I went to use it today, I was told that Zellers had changed their policy on the coupon, and that it now only applies to regular priced items.

Since this is bullshit, I talked to one of the managers who basically said the same thing, but then she said it would be alright if I paid 50% of the regular price instead of the 30 or 40% off that was advertised from the store/flyer. That was a cool move on her part (saved me like 3 bucks), but the shitty business practice still doesn't sit well with me, or the some 1200 people who're bitching about it on the facebook wall.

Edit - I should add that to my understanding anyway, the decision not to honour the coupon as intended & printed wasn't something done by the stores, but rather by the corporation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 12-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #33
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

There are from what we were told at work, two revisions. Also two versions of the coupon. The first one, has the 50% off sales prices. The second does not. Plus stores put up the correction notice on the flyer displayer. It was crazy at my zellers. many pissed off people.

What pissed me off, is they wouldn't sell me a Clearnced Universe Silverbolt thats 25% with the additional 50% off. Making it like $19w/tax vs the crazy $45 pre tax.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #34
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Yeah, this was definitely no secret (they had notices at every till, plus the manager I talked to about it seemed like she'd memorized the answer by now), as I saw tonnes of people holding the coupon when I went there today.

If anything, I feel sorry for you guys working there who constantly have to deal with bitching customers & whatnot, not just the people who were essentially tricked into going there. Shitty thing is that you're part of both of these groups (hah), which I know from experience can be extra shitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #35
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Yeah, well if the 25% is still on the clearence toys tomorrow, I'm going to try again with a cashier that doesn't know any better. Mine is the with sales version. Or I will go directly to the manager, as it was just a sup in tonight that dones't know how to deal with people at all.

A little un ethical on my end, but if your going to have a sale, Don't Fuck with the customer.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #36
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
...So you would probably first get 50% off then 10% the remaining value.
Also, not worth a credit check/hit just to apply for a department store credit card you'll hardly use/for a measly discount
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #37
TFtoys
Animated

tomorrow might be another new thing that Zellers even marke up the price of the regular price again; that's what Zellers do the best. Get your stuffs today while you can.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #38
MitchPoer
Double Spy

Went to my local Zellers and got a Joe SkyStriker for 25$ but the manager said it was the last night for this coupon...it would be replaced tomorow ...10$ off or something like that dont remember and didnt really cared since I got what I wanted
MitchPoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Purchased some Lego for 50% off, cashier rang it up with no issues. I might try another store tomorrow to see if it still works.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #40
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
How did you manage to use the coupon? On the coupon it said "not valid in ... PQ locations" (probably due to the fact that the word is in English)...
Actually, it says ''not valid in Camrose, AB and Dorval, PQ locations''. I don't know about Camrose, but Dorval Zellers is closing and everyhting is being clearanced. That location will be a Walmart in a couple of months. Anyway, I'm guessing that's why we can't use the coupon there. Otherwise, I've used it at two different Zellers stores this week with no problems.

Today, I bought a team Canada jersey (regular 34.99$), a 24-pack of toilet paper (regular price 19.99$) and a GI Joe RHINO (regular price 69.99$ down to 29.99$) with coupons. Ran the three items on three different transactions. Total cost about 50$. I hope they continue to honor the original coupon, I'd like to pick up a few more 5$ Joes tomorrow.

OB
Oreobuilder is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
50%, coupon, half, sale, zellers