Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
F4l4nx
Machine War
friendly opinions on a used mp10.

*Please read whole thread before commenting! Resolution has been made.*

So I came across a used mp10. It was cheap, and mint but loose, no paperwork however. My friend and I bought it together, he is considering keeping it, but I know that people want want want it. I guess my question to you guys is...how much would you sell a mint loose mp10? And if I sell my half to my buddy, what would you charge?(I kinda wanna keep how much I paid outta this)

And advice would be really appreciated.

Jon

Last edited by F4l4nx; 09-14-2013 at 11:10 AM.
F4l4nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Hellboy
Alternator
Re: friendly opinions on a used mp10.

Wouldn't your buddy know how much was paid and shouldn't it only be half of that? I don't really understand the question... unless your friend has no clue how much it was and you are just trying to determine how much you can reasonably overcharge him.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
F4l4nx
Machine War

Boy that's not at all what im trying to do. It sort of fell unexpectedly on us. Shortly after we found out we had different plans for it. Obviously I would prefer him to have it over anyone. But let's not pretend here, they are worth ALOT on the open market.
F4l4nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
Javienn
Generation 1

So... you split the cost, and your friend wants to keep it, and you don't want to let him buy you out for the price you originally paid? Instead, you want to find out the "collector's" value and if he wants it, charge him that?

If that's not what you are trying to do, I'm at a loss. I hope that's not, cause that's pretty awful.
Javienn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
roballan
Machine War

I think what he's saying is they bought it together with the intent of selling at a profit. But now the buddy wants to keep it, so he figures he should get half of the value they would have gotten selling it out of the deal.

Is that correct?

roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

This is a great chance to test how much you value you two's friendship.
Let's face it, even a MSIB MP10, is just 200 to 300 on ebay. Half of it is 100 to 150.
Will u make your friend happy and give him a present worth 100? Or will he do the same thing for you?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #7
Sludge2007
Beasty

If you charge him more than what you paid it's a dick move and he must not be that good of a friend plain and simple. You want more than what you paid then sell it to an outside party, split the profit and let him find his own. If you decide to be a decent guy let him buy you out for what was paid, I always thought collecting was about landing the prize, not what the prize is worth...
Sludge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
steamwhistle
Crossover

I suppose there is concern that if you sell your half to your friend at the cost of your half of the purchase price, he might then in turn sell it for a substantial profit. At that point, it would be his, and his choice to sell it.

I think the best option, if possible, is for the two of you to bid on it. Basically, each of you write down what you would be willing to pay the other to have full ownership of MP Prime. Write it down secretly, and reveal your bid at the same time in front of a 3rd party witness. Whoever has the higher bid, pays the other person that amount to have full ownership.

Then, whoever owns it can keep it or sell it as he wants.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

not sure what value you see in loose MP10 with no box or paper work I personally would only pay 100 max if you paid more than that you and said friend got taken also if you plan on selling it for profit good luck as said before a MISB one goes for 200-300 nobody would pay more for a loose figure than a MISB . just pay your friend what you bought it for and call it a day anything else would just be not cool just simply not cool.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
Slayback
Animated

Have him pay you back what you paid, have him buy you a couple of beers - make sure they're premiums, call it a day. Try to remember never do the halvsies again. Is a 100$ or so worth the friendship? Course its already pretty uh...the opposite of smart to have to ask yourself that question

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote