Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
TFcon 2013 Live Script Reading Prelude Comic Book

Audition for a chance to do a live script reading this Saturday with voice actors Jack Angel, Dick Gautier, Venus Terzo and Marilyn Lightstone at the TFcon 2013 Live Script Reading. To get you ready check out the TFcon 2013 live script reading prelude comic on the TFcon 2013 website.

TFcon, the world's largest fan-run Transformers convention will take place July 26th to 28th, 2013 in Toronto, Ontario at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre. Advance registration is now closed but you can purchase tickets and the TFcon 2013 exclusives VAN GUARDIAN and ROSWELL at the door.

TFcon 2013 features Canada's largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests including Transformers voice actors Jack Angel the voice of Astrotrain, Breakdown, Cyclonus, Omega Supreme, Ramjet, Smokescreen and Ultra Magnus in the Generation 1 cartoon plus Dick Gautier the voice of Rodimus Prime, in addition to Venus Terzo the voice of Blackarachnia in Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and Transformers comic book writer James Roberts, Gobots voice actor Marilyn Lightstone the voices of Crasher and Path Finder, Transformers comic book artists Livio Ramondelli, Casey Coller, Alex Milne, Andrew Griffith, John-Paul Bove, Marvin Mariano, Matt Moylan and Josh Perez along with special appearances by Peaugh and Vangelus with more to be announced. The TFcon 2013 hotel block is still available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vx8SK3Q86LYeftsEdzayCe3C-Oov1HNXgl7zE03DH6M.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	19848  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: TFcon 2013 Live Script Reading Prelude Comic Book

"The G.M. Fan"? Ugh! I physically groaned upon reading that. I don't think you guys are allowed to rag on BotCon anymore for their shitty fan fiction with lines like that.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
"The G.M. Fan"? Ugh! I physically groaned upon reading that. I don't think you guys are allowed to rag on BotCon anymore for their shitty fan fiction with lines like that.
Don't forget about "NAMOTORP"! LOL
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

That sounds really awesome!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Undrave
Canadian Slag

This is ridiculously funny. How are you guys going to work Black Arachnia, Pathfinder and Crasher in there ?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I didn't even know it was gonna be in there!!

...I did have a genuine chuckle over it...but then again I'm also egotistical...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Don't forget about "NAMOTORP"! LOL
Oh! "Namotorp" is "Protoman" backwards! For some reason I didn't get that first read through. I just thought it was silly made-up name.

So if you decode the dialog, it says GM Fan is on Protoman. At least we know who's on top and who's on the bottom.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Blame Phil for that stuff. I was just the wrist on that.

There is, however, a secret message that I added on the second panel of the first page. Can anyone decipher it?

It's pretty likely that this will be the last full comic I draw for TFcon. I went back to school in a very demanding Video Game art program. I got really sick towards the end of the semester and so I was given extra time to finish the final projects. I went straight from that into drawing this comic, so I am exhausted. Next year at this time I'll be finished with the program I'll likely be looking for a job and/or trying to pay off my student loan. Other things are possible instead, but as far as 6-8 page comics go, it's likely that this will be the last one.

So, with all that said, if there is any interest purchasing a print of the last page of the comic (without text), please let me know here on this thread or on twitter (@SykoGrafix) and I will make a limited amount. They would be $5. I think that last image is a great souvenir that really encompasses everything that is "TFCon 2013" and would be a great thing to get signed by the voice actors. But I'm not going to go through the effort to make that happen unless people tell me that they'd buy one!

Sayonara.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I hope we one day get proper Lord Bikemurder and Trasher figures XD
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I hope we one day get proper Lord Bikemurder and Trasher figures XD
Thrasher is actually based on Fracture, who is of course based on Crasher. Hopefully this information will not cause one's brain to Rupture.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fracture_%28Movie%29

Basically I was told that I could draw whatever I wanted for Thrasher, and Fracture was suggested. So I drew Fracture but in a Hanna Barbara inspired style. If you have Fracture, you have Thrasher. And if you don't, then you've got something to hunt for this weekend. Hope you don't get scalped!

Sayonara.

Tags
tfcon 2013