Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #31
elburrito
Animated
elburrito's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,961
Re: sale vs selling

It is completely possible to get an opinion across without resort to ad hominem attacks. Let's all try. Anyways, A3U and Automaton better be interested in what their consumers think about their business practices and policies and, in my experience, both are. I see the A3U guys at the Victoria Toy Fair 2x each year and have to say, dealing with Boris is a treat. He is knowledgeable, courteous and generally interested in consumer input. He also almost always brings something new and unreleased or just exclusive for show. Of course in that forum, A3U accepts the coin of the realm. Never met Mario, but have bought a fair amount of TFs from him and he has always responded promptly to any questions or concerns raised by me. All that said, I won't pay in US funds to a Canadian retailer either. For A3U that means, see you at the toy fair or at the store. Pretty much killed my buying at Automaton.

As others have noted, this topic has been discussed (I would add, with intense opinions on either side of the issue). But I see this thread as a call out to Canadian retailers. If they don't care that there are a bunch of fans boycotting their stuff over the issue, their sales will no doubt suffer. But as I've said, I think they do,
__________________
Feedback

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline  
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #32
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Sun Swipe Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,835
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
So using your logic there, which I agree with, means that if they buy something in us funds at 70 cents Canadian and then our dollar goes up to 90 cents US then they should lower their prices right? Because at that point they are charging us more.
I guess I've been removed from the ignore list. How fortunate for me. "The Stein" has graced me with a response. Mark this day on the calendar.

So by your logic every retailer should be adjusting their Canadian prices daily based on currency exchange. Does that happen anywhere in the retail world? You should know. You suck at the retail teat. Tell me how long it takes prices to change and why.

And remember I said its to protect them, not the consumer. If they go out of business what does the consumer care? They move on to the next retailer.

They go out of business, they lose their livelihood.

Why can't people think beyond the ME mentality and put yourselves into the retailers shoes?
__________________
SIDESWIPE: *grumbles* ... the greatest fighting machine in the universe and they make me a janitor!

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 12-29-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #33
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Goaliebot's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,119
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Actually, you're wrong because we have to pay exchange charges on our credit cards or through our bank to pay them in US funds. So no, it isn't the same, you can end up paying as much as 5-6% more.

So don't say it's the same when it isn't.

They are perfectly capable of sending out a bill to their CANADIAN customers in CANADIAN DOLLARS when the order is placed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Can I get a witness? Preach on... Id they want us funds they should pay the conversion fee... What's right is right
If the store were to pay the ~3% conversion fee, they'd have to raise their prices by 3%. Someone has to pay that 3% and all the money in this chain comes from the buyer.
The assumption is usually that they should eat the 3% out of some kind of big cushy profit margin they must have... But there is no such big profit margin. Their margins are already razor thin due to price competition. These guys are not getting rich, especially the small shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
So using your logic there, which I agree with, means that if they buy something in us funds at 70 cents Canadian and then our dollar goes up to 90 cents US then they should lower their prices right? Because at that point they are charging us more.
If they charged in CDN yes, absolutely their prices would need to change daily based on the rate changes. But they charge in USD because they pay their suppliers in USD. So their USD pricing only fluctuates to match what their supplier is charging.
Goaliebot is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #34
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rothesay, NB
Posts: 1,261
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I guess I've been removed from the ignore list. How fortunate for me. "The Stein" has graced me with a response. Mark this day on the calendar.

So by your logic every retailer should be adjusting their Canadian prices daily based on currency exchange. Does that happen anywhere in the retail world? You should know. You suck at the retail teat. Tell me how long it takes prices to change and why.

And remember I said its to protect them, not the consumer. If they go out of business what does the consumer care? They move on to the next retailer.

They go out of business, they lose their livelihood.

Why can't people think beyond the ME mentality and put yourselves into the retailers shoes?
Yeah since you can't be bothered to reply in a nice way, but rather an insulting one. I guess I should leave you on ignore.
Einstein is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #35
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Sun Swipe Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,835
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Yeah since you can't be bothered to reply in a nice way, but rather an insulting one. I guess I should leave you on ignore.
Says someone with nothing but a long list of insulting replies to their name.

I answered your question with a genuine response. But of course like usual, when you don't have an answer of your own, you avoid the facts, and never want to admit you're wrong.

Please, leave me on your ignore list. My life is infinitely better that way. Plus, I can talk about you behind your back more freely.

But I suspect that will be a hard thing to do for you since you always need to have the last word.
__________________
SIDESWIPE: *grumbles* ... the greatest fighting machine in the universe and they make me a janitor!
Sun Swipe Prime is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #36
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rothesay, NB
Posts: 1,261
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Says someone with nothing but a long list of insulting replies to their name.

I answered your question with a genuine response. But of course like usual, when you don't have an answer of your own, you avoid the facts, and never want to admit you're wrong.

Please, leave me on your ignore list. My life is infinitely better that way. Plus, I can talk about you behind your back more freely.

But I suspect that will be a hard thing to do for you since you always need to have the last word.
All you do is insult, I don't know how you get through life being so arrogant, the obvious sarcasm in my reply to you initially I see was lost on you, no surprise there.

Last edited by Einstein; 12-31-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Einstein is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 10:55 AM   #37
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rothesay, NB
Posts: 1,261
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
If they charged in CDN yes, absolutely their prices would need to change daily based on the rate changes. But they charge in USD because they pay their suppliers in USD. So their USD pricing only fluctuates to match what their supplier is charging.
I was being facetious because he was being arrogant.
Einstein is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 04:09 PM   #38
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Sun Swipe Prime's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,835
Re: sale vs selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
All you do is insult, I don't know how you get through life being so arrogant, the obvious sarcasm in my reply to you initially I see was lost on you, no surprise there.
Take good long look in the mirror dude. You know sarcasm like Jabba the Hutt knows being thin.

And I can see I'm still not on the ignore list. Gotta have that last word, right? Right?

I'm so obviously trolling you, but you can't see that because you need, you crave, that last word. It would kill you if you didn't get it.
__________________
SIDESWIPE: *grumbles* ... the greatest fighting machine in the universe and they make me a janitor!
Sun Swipe Prime is offline  
Old 12-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #39
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Benzo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,565
Re: sale vs selling

Closed! Happy New Year!
Benzo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping







Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.