Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #31
endLess
Beast Machine
Re: Shout Factory Beast Wars Sets Won't Be Released In Canada

Sooooo.........a show created and produced in Vancouver....in CANADA, won't be released in Canada.

Absolute bull****.
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
renegade_decepticon
Transformers/Anime Fanboy
Send a message via Skype™ to renegade_decepticon

Well thats just prime! -___- like really who gives a S%$T! if it's called "Wars" it was made here so i think it's our right to have the series released on DVD over here!

PSN Online ID: Black_Fire_F50
FFXIV Online: Diabolos Server (Maiyo Katsuko)
My Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ade_decepticon
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/darkrenagadef50
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BlackFlameF50
My Venom podcast: https://wearevenomaniacs.podbean.com/ & on YouTube (We Are Venomaniacs! Podcast)

My Top 3 Most Wanted Figures:
renegade_decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #33
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_decepticon View Post
Well thats just prime! -___- like really who gives a S%$T! if it's called "Wars" it was made here so i think it's our right to have the series released on DVD over here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
I really get the feeling that on Internet boards many people read the title, maybe the OP and then jump to the end and comment, without bothering to read any of the discussion in between.
Really, if the issue was the "WARS" in the title, then... well, for one the Rhino DVD's wouldn't have been released here, nor would that Season 1 set at Giant Tiger.
And really... it would be easy (though a little more work) to just call it Beasties all over again.

Last edited by Mumps; 05-18-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #34
justprime
Animated

Folks the "war" thing..... read the "LOL" at the end.... you are taking it tooooo seriously but its a giggle anyway,,,, I do remember it being released as beasties as to avoid the referance to War theme for the younger audiance here and even the first release that I say on Vhs were beasties I picked my copies up on disc from asia way back when and they were unaltered copies.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #35
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ro View Post
ReBoot. SHOUT! Season 1 & 2 box set. $20 at Wal-Mart right now. #seriouslywhogivesashitaboutactionman
I happen to like the work done by the Ocean Group Voice Actors in Action Man, even if it is a sub-par toy tie-in, also Action Man was made by Mainframe around the same time as Beast Machines and it's animation quality is quite good honestly. As it stands I'll have to be content with my VHS copies recorded off of YTV, in fact I'll probably transfer them over to DVD, but I am missing a considerable portion of Season Two.

Action Man was made by Hasbro was it not? Or was it Mattel? I think for some reason it was Hasbro, but I digress. The show deserves to be re-discovered by modern cartoon audiences, it has a few good qualities to it, the voice acting, the overarching plot, the voice work by the cast. (Gary Chalk as Gangrene, if memory serves, was rather good. And who doesn't love Rampage's VA as Doctor X?)
Old 05-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #36
Autovolt 127
Animated

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't care if it's called Beasties, i just want the damn show released.

I guess i'l be going to the states to pick it up.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #37
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Alliance can't even make most of their 'Canadian exclusive' Blu-Ray disks properly, so why would they want to bother with re-releasing a 15 year old show that they'd already released to DVD? They obviously don't want any of our money...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #38
Takao
Generation 1

I do not know why people are assuming the name is the fault. Alliance itself released a set in 2005 with the name "Beast Wars", and it is Canada-only:

I do not know if this is the same set as this supposed Giant Tiger release (which I've never heard of), but it appears Alliance never released more than season 1 in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID PRIME View Post
bring on the blue ray.
I imagine that the same holds up for Beast Wars as it does for ReBoot - the show was rendered at TV resolution, and the computers that would have the necessary components to re-render the show have long since been thrown out. So the best you'd get would be an upscale.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #39
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I'll import it if I have too. It could be worse, imagine if there was an embargo on this set. lol!
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #40
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

The crtc rules regarding the use of the word "war" only applies to shows being broadcast and has nothing to do with shows being released on dvd/bluray. Alliance Atlantic owns the distribution rights for show in canada and they don't want to allow Shout Factory to release the set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takao View Post
I imagine that the same holds up for Beast Wars as it does for ReBoot - the show was rendered at TV resolution, and the computers that would have the necessary components to re-render the show have long since been thrown out. So the best you'd get would be an upscale.
It's a little more complicated than just re-rendering the entire show but that a very long and boring explanation. The best advantage of Bluray (besides the higher resolution and the storage size) is that the video is less compressed and suffers from less video artifacts. This is especially great for content that can not be re-created or re-recorded (most tv shows) as it looks the best it can when it gets upscaled.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote