Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #121
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

This idea of "Make live action 86' movie" is stupid. Let it go already. A modern version of the 86' movie isn't gonna be a masterpiece since the 86' movie itself aint no masterpiece. I love it for what it was, but I don't need a full on redo in theatres, or direct to DVD.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #122
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
This idea of "Make live action 86' movie" is stupid. Let it go already. A modern version of the 86' movie isn't gonna be a masterpiece since the 86' movie itself aint no masterpiece. I love it for what it was, but I don't need a full on redo in theatres, or direct to DVD.
I agree, I liked it to, but honestly hearing the fans cry outrage because it isn't G1 or 86 movie is really getting annoying. It's not either of them, it won't be either of them. It's not a big FU to the fanbase, it's just a different take on the concept that started out as just an advertisement for toys.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #123
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I enjoyed the movie too ... maybe some parts where I was scratching my head & like CobraCommaner said it would've been better if the dinobots were in it more but other than that .. pretty good movie. It wasn't spectacular by any means but it was pretty good. Definitely got my $10 worth.

Also on a side note be careful what games you let your kids play on before & after movies. My son wanted to play a pinball game & accidently got his finger pinched by the plunger spring. Now he's got a nice blood-blister on the side of his finger. He's alright now ... just wish that they had some sort of a rubber sleeve to protect kids from this kinda stuff. I was right there when it happened too so be careful when playing these type of games.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #124
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I agree, I liked it to, but honestly hearing the fans cry outrage because it isn't G1 or 86 movie is really getting annoying. It's not either of them, it won't be either of them. It's not a big FU to the fanbase, it's just a different take on the concept that started out as just an advertisement for toys.
It's not even just that, but the 86' movie technically bombed at the box office. It remained a cult hit but I certainly doubt people like my brother, whom does not like Bay's movies nor the 86' movie, will suddenly enjoy a modernized 86' movie.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #125
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
Or maybe people just didn't like it. 17% on rotten tomatoes. My question is for the folks giving this 8/10 or 9/10 what does an actual good movie get? Say wolf of wall street, the godfather, etc? Or is this just a bay scale? Because compared to ROTF AOE is a masterpiece.
Hold on, it got 17% from the critics, but 65% from the paying audience. That's different. I have found that critics don't always like "popcorn" movies. The same people who liked this movie are not likely the same who liked a movie that you think is "good". The critics liked "Little Miss Sunshine" and "American Beauty", while I disliked both intensely (for different reasons). Many people don't like critically acclaimed movies, not because people can't tell a good movie from a bad one, but because people look for different things in a movie.

I am NOT a huge Bay fan, but I know what I am getting when I go to one of his movies. I'm surprised that you went to see this one given your apparent violent disposition toward the franchise.

No insult intended, just my opinion.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #126
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Maybe the RT critics are old people? Does their opinions even matter? What matters is what the actual audience thinks.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #127
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Hold on, it got 17% from the critics, but 65% from the paying audience. That's different. I have found that critics don't always like "popcorn" movies. The same people who liked this movie are not likely the same who liked a movie that you think is "good". The critics liked "Little Miss Sunshine" and "American Beauty", while I disliked both intensely (for different reasons). Many people don't like critically acclaimed movies, not because people can't tell a good movie from a bad one, but because people look for different things in a movie.

I am NOT a huge Bay fan, but I know what I am getting when I go to one of his movies. I'm surprised that you went to see this one given your apparent violent disposition toward the franchise.

No insult intended, just my opinion.
I think it more or less depends. Die-hard fans will love the film, while critics, who may or may not be familiar with Transformers mythos, and may not have seen the previous movies, may not understand the context of the movie, and consequently pan it. So I see such opinions as more or less subjective. In this instance, I think the "right" person to get an opinion form would definitely be a die hard Transformers fan who has seen the film.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #128
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Through watching the movie I thought Crosshairs was voiced by Jason Statham but it's not it was John DiMaggio. Never heard of this guy but apparently he does a lot of voice-overs according to Wikipedia anyway.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #129
grumble22
Generation 1

My biggest turn off for the movie was just the running time, an action/comic book styled movie like this doesn't need to be anywhere near 3 hours long. If this movie was about an hour less I would have enjoyed it a lot more.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #130
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Just watched the movie with fellow forum members, I enjoyed...
That poutine topped with pulled pork, m-m-good!

Oh right, the movie.

I was happy to see it, went in with not high or low expectations because I have already seen three TF movies made by Bay and knew what to expect.
But again, I enjoyed it, there are a lot things I liked in the movie than hate, such as:

- Mark Wahlberg fit the human role better than Shia, I hope they get him for a future sequel.
- Stanly Tucci, wow, what a fun character, He was very similar to John Turturro, but I didn't feel like he did much to be funny, looked more natural on screen.
- Lockdown, oh boy what a villain, he really lived up to the title of being a bounty hunter and not taking sides of the war, pretty much the Lockdown from animated. I want to see someone make an articulated figure of the character, not necessarily have to transform.
- Optimus Prime, nothing changed about him BUT he was more violent with his words.
I almost burst out laughing when Prime flew into space like if he was Superman, was really random XD
- Autobot cast, I was very happy they didn't put the focus on just Bumblebee, the other Autobots got way more screen time, all of them had characteristics and didn't feel like they were put into the movie just to be background characters.
- Dinobots, I was expecting them to have more time in the movie, clearly were made to be the selling point in the trailers, besides that I enjoyed seeing them go nuts.

Last edited by FEZaid; 06-30-2014 at 03:40 AM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote