Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #5031
ducti748
Generation 2
ducti748's Ebay Auctions
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Anybody going down south in the next little while?.. Apparently costco has metroplexes for $49.95! I could use a couple.. Money for your time and effort
ducti748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #5032
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoBot View Post
RocketGTR

You can get inserts for your shoes, best place is in Richmond. My wife and I had the same issue. I'll check with here and find out where she found them. I wore them all day and they were actually quite comfortable.
Cool! Thanks! Much appreciated.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #5033
MandoBot
Generation 2

RocketGTR

Sorry my friend, she says she got them from Taiwan. What size feet do you have? We will keep an eye out for you.
MandoBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #5034
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

[RANT] So I just had the worst flip-flopper/cheapskate I've ever dealt with on Craigslist. I put up my Takara ROTF Buster Prime, and this guy wants to buy it. Great. Some haggling, and he agrees to $130 (which I think is pretty good for an MISB Takara Buster Prime...). That was almost a week ago. Yesterday he says he'll meet me between 1-2 at a Canada Line station in Richmond.

It turned out I had to go meet Panda at Oakridge for a transaction, so I figured I'd make it convenient for this guy buying my Prime and tell him he doesn't have to come all the way into Richmond if he can meet me at Oakridge. I get an immediate message back saying:

"Sorry for the canceled to meet u up...coz,i saw another one its cheap.sorry!"

He only tells me this after I message him today about meeting him. Arrrrgggh....I reply to him with a piece of my mind, that we had a deal, etc. etc. Needless to say I wasn't too happy at this point. It's not the money, it's the principle. So he decides to call me to "apologize", and then he has the nerve to offer to buy my Prime at $110, which is the cheaper price he apparently found this morning...like he's doing me a service . I told him to go away and hung up. What a waste of time/effort.

So if you have stuff up on Craigslist and you get a reply from a guy with the email name Daps19, I suggest you don't deal with him, as he'll probably waste your time. [/RANT]

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #5035
g loonie
Generation 2

Hey guys, my wife and I are looking to sell our bikes (I know, not exactly the best time of year) to make some space in our apt. for our new baby. If you're interested send me a PM for more details.
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #5036
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
[RANT] So I just had the worst flip-flopper/cheapskate I've ever dealt with on Craigslist. I put up my Takara ROTF Buster Prime, and this guy wants to buy it. Great. Some haggling, and he agrees to $130 (which I think is pretty good for an MISB Takara Buster Prime...). That was almost a week ago. Yesterday he says he'll meet me between 1-2 at a Canada Line station in Richmond.

It turned out I had to go meet Panda at Oakridge for a transaction, so I figured I'd make it convenient for this guy buying my Prime and tell him he doesn't have to come all the way into Richmond if he can meet me at Oakridge. I get an immediate message back saying:

"Sorry for the canceled to meet u up...coz,i saw another one its cheap.sorry!"

He only tells me this after I message him today about meeting him. Arrrrgggh....I reply to him with a piece of my mind, that we had a deal, etc. etc. Needless to say I wasn't too happy at this point. It's not the money, it's the principle. So he decides to call me to "apologize", and then he has the nerve to offer to buy my Prime at $110, which is the cheaper price he apparently found this morning...like he's doing me a service . I told him to go away and hung up. What a waste of time/effort.

So if you have stuff up on Craigslist and you get a reply from a guy with the email name Daps19, I suggest you don't deal with him, as he'll probably waste your time. [/RANT]
Sorry to hear that, I have had a similar experience on Craigslist as well with a buyer, but that's just the risk there is dealing with ppl we dunno and with no feedbacks.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #5037
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
Sorry to hear that, I have had a similar experience on Craigslist as well with a buyer, but that's just the risk there is dealing with ppl we dunno and with no feedbacks.
True, it's a risk you take with Craigslist. I get the odd flake on there, but for the most part all of my transactions on there go fairly smooth. This guy wasn't nasty about it or anything, and he was quite apologetic on the phone, but from what I could gather his cancellation due to a cheaper find AFTER we agreed to a deal almost a week ago was somehow justified in his head...I try to run on a basic honor code - if I make a deal and both sides agree, I'm bound to it, even if I find a better situation. I told him, imagine how pissed he would be if I cancelled the deal at the last minute saying that I found a buyer who would pay more than him. But it seems it didn't sink in with this guy.

I know it's going to happen occasionally on places like Craigslist...just needed to rant lol

Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #5038
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, some people just don't get it. Generally once you agree to something you should be locked in. Sucks that you had to deal with that, hopefully you'll find another buyer soon!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #5039
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

I'm guessing this is U.S. Costco, but apparently Metroplex is now $50:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...or-4997/28913/

Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #5040
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

What's Costco Canada's price adjustment policy timeframe? Here's hoping for price reduction.

Does anyone know if fansproject smart robin will arrive before Christmas? I'm so anxious in this release as my quad U is with that order too =p
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote