Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #4551
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Sorry to hear that JJ, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family. Take care.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #4552
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Sorry to hear your family's loss JJ. I live next to Mountainview cemetery and I've been feeling pretty down and upset lately myself. I've been going to the many All Souls events held at the cemetery this week. It's certainly a deeper and more meaningful experience than the usual silly Halloween party. I think I've made peace with death. There's a sugar skulls demonstration tonight and a chamber music performance tomorrow night. I'll do something in your grandfather-in-law's name.

'Til all are one
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #4553
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Amen JJ. Sorry for your Family's loss.

On another note i'll hit you up soon regarding that coin, super busy man.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #4554
RocketGTR
Animated

Sorry for your loss JJ. Always very important to remember to stop and smell the roses. The simple, if somewhat expensive, pleasures help us along between the really big moments of happiness.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #4555
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Thanks for your kind words, y'all.

I lost both sets of my grandparents years ago so it was great to spend time with Grandpa Cole who truly loved life and family. The real challenge now is to somewhat remove myself from the grief so I can gently remind my wife to celebrate his life rather than dwell on his final days.

He is/was truly a remarkable man, one of the last true old school gentlemen. Never spoke negatively about anyone or anything, loved beautiful women, "drop top" Corvettes and Bajan dark rum and Cokes. A fantastic irony is that both his deathbed nurses were freakin' hot. I told him that as his breathing shallowed. I'd like to think he was laughing heartily from above.

I hope to be as respected and loved a father/grandfather/husband/man as he was.

No problem about the Prowl coin Tech...whenever, where ever, just let me know anytime.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 10-30-2013 at 02:38 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #4556
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I can't even find a girlfriend, not even a casual one...#foreveralone
Old 10-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #4557
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I can't even find a girlfriend, not even a casual one...#foreveralone
Word of advice...do a community theatre show. Preferrably a musical. No matter if you can't sing or dance. They always need guys since there are always an abundance of women that can sing/dance/act but not enough dudes to fill up the background scenes.

I met my wife that way and, seriously, when the chicks find out you're not gay they are all over you...or at least they get friendly with you opening up possibilities with their hot girlfriends.

What better challenge is there than placing yourself in an element that you wouldn't normally find yourself in. It's damn liberating and exhilarating to act like a fool onstage and have people applaud that...scary as shit too but everyone needs that in their life.

And the girls are fit in every way. The social aspect is great too since the cast hangs out after rehearsals/shows for drinks or orgies or whatever (no joke).

Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #4558
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

My condolences JJ. I know all too well how that feels. Lost my mom to cancer 9 years ago and had to take my girlfriend off of life support 3 years ago when she got really sick. It definitely changes your view on life. How did the Trooper lyrics go?..."We're here for a good time, not a long time...so have a good time, the sun can't shine every day."

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #4559
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
My condolences JJ. I know all too well how that feels. Lost my mom to cancer 9 years ago and had to take my girlfriend off of life support 3 years ago when she got really sick. It definitely changes your view on life. How did the Trooper lyrics go?..."We're here for a good time, not a long time...so have a good time, the sun can't shine every day."
Whew...that's heavy. Thanks for sharing I can't say what it is but I definitely feel changed.

Perhaps another apropos Trooper lyric would be:

If you don't like
What you got
Why don't you change it
If your world is all screwed up
Rearrange it

Raise a little Hell ...

Old 10-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #4560
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Word of advice...do a community theatre show. Preferrably a musical. No matter if you can't sing or dance. They always need guys since there are always an abundance of women that can sing/dance/act but not enough dudes to fill up the background scenes.

I met my wife that way and, seriously, when the chicks find out you're not gay they are all over you...or at least they get friendly with you opening up possibilities with their hot girlfriends.

What better challenge is there than placing yourself in an element that you wouldn't normally find yourself in. It's damn liberating and exhilarating to act like a fool onstage and have people applaud that...scary as shit too but everyone needs that in their life.

And the girls are fit in every way. The social aspect is great too since the cast hangs out after rehearsals/shows for drinks or orgies or whatever (no joke).
I do have an artistic side of me. I can't really sing but I can dance (even moonwalk). I am not super athletic but I am tall and lean and I think I'd look good in tight. If you know any upcoming "audition", let me know.