Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-29-2017, 12:58 AM   #10041
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Yeah i concur with CKWG and Venksta - booking a table for April would be a good move as its a six month layoff before the fall shows start up again. Reason is the organizer does shows in the valley and interior during this time before returning to host the Vancouver events again.

I spoke with the organizer yesterday and it sounds like tables are filling up fast again. I know for a fact that myself, CKWG, Venksta, and another friend of ours have collectively booked 7 tables together (6 consisting of toys and 1 comic/toy split table).

All in all, the crowd density of the scottish centre this past weekend was close to the density of RnR in the first two hours (albeit less paid attendees and more children by comparison). Free superhero cards were given to the first 100 attendees, and apparently it only took all of 15 minutes till the free cards were completely handed out. In previous shows, sometimes it would take a full two hours.

Even when the crowd thinned out after, people were still buying items right until closing time. Seemed like a lot of good feedback all around. Many buyers were checking out/comparing purchases with one another. There were a few instances where buyers ran out of cash and had to pull out their phones to work the paypal option, lol. A few had to scoot over to the ATM machine down the block. One table with cheaper items completely sold out (though to be fair, some vendors had a hand in this too).

Anyway, hope to see everyone come out next month.

Last edited by Metallica_Unforgiven; 03-29-2017 at 01:13 AM.
Metallica_Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #10042
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'll be there, splitting a table with RocketGTR! Just waiting to hear back after putting down my deposit.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 AM   #10043
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I'll be there, splitting a table with RocketGTR! Just waiting to hear back after putting down my deposit.
I paid for my table on Monday, and e-mailed the organizer at the same time saying I just paid, and got an e-mail reply 2 hr later saying I am booked.
You may get a faster respond if you e-mail him with the e-mail listed on their website. http://fun-promo.com/
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #10044
Blitzwing
Armada

This was my haul from last Saturday:

Got MP-29 and Flamefeather from Metrotitan. Got Downshift and Sandstorm from a couple familiar faces who I suspect are members of these boards too.

Also found Transformers #59, which means I only need 3 more issues to complete my G1 Marvel comic run. I bought a 4-pack of the Marvel Headmasters mini-series at Emerald City Comicon 2 years ago, but when I opened it at home, they had put in issue #4 of the GIJoe/Transformers crossover. Glad to finally get that set completed too.

Last edited by Blitzwing; 04-01-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #10045
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
This was my haul from last Saturday:

Got MP-29 and Flamefeather from Metrotitan. Got Overdrive and Sandstorm from a couple familiar faces who I suspect are members of these boards too.

Also found Transformers #59, which means I only need 3 more issues to complete my G1 Marvel comic run. I bought a 4-pack of the Marvel Headmasters mini-series at Emerald City Comicon 2 years ago, but when I opened it at home, they had put in issue #4 of the GIJoe/Transformers crossover. Glad to finally get that set completed too.
Great haul! Glad you had a good time.
Did you buy sandstorm from a table along a wall for $50, in a bag with a brown tape label? If so, that was me

Last edited by Metallica_Unforgiven; 03-29-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Metallica_Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #10046
pandaprime
aficionado!

toysrus.ca has crappy inventory, just sayin'

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #10047
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica_Unforgiven View Post
Great haul! Glad you had a good time.
Did you buy sandstorm from a table along a wall for $50, in a bag with a brown tape label? If so, that was me
That's right, nice to meet you. Hopefully I'll see you again at next month's show.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #10048
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Went to the Scottish cultural centre...seemed like I could have saved some gas and 3$ entry by just buying on cl or eBay.

Prices were high and selection was kind of weak...lots of the same stuff.

I had 500 bucks to spend and dropped 40. I expected better value, thinking dealers would want to move inventory rather than sell at the same price they list on cl for.

I didn't go till 2 or so...maybe everything worth buying at a decent price was already gone by then but it was a serious waste of my time attending.

Won't repeat and wouldn't recommend to anyone making the trip from outside of vancouver.

Last edited by Soundwaves; 03-30-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #10049
Msol
Titanium

So... when I showed up at 11 I saw a bunch of stuff at great prices, so I bought it all. Maybe that's why you didn't see anything good?
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:06 PM   #10050
RocketGTR
Animated

You could buy off ebay or CL but at least you get to inspect the item in hand before you make the decision. Plus no risk of damage in transit.