Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Hasbro should be embarassed by FOC Prime.

Seriously....

I finally picked one up today, and I was admittedly skeptical after seeing reviews. However I saw him in person, along with Jazz, but no Shockwave. He was tiny as others have said, but I ignored other people's posts/reviews and bought him anyway.

Well, let me say, it was a mistake at full price. This was a design that I thought was pretty awesome when I saw the first pics. However that quickly has fallen by the way after getting my hands on him.

Now, to be fair, the design is still pretty nice in my opinion, but that is pretty much where the compliments end.

First, he is barely above a Scout class figure, yet we get a deluxe class labeled on him which is honestly stretching believability.

Second, he has loose joints and overall is pretty flimsy. Now part of that is the small size, but the other is just, I believe, poor quality of the design of the joints.

Finally, this may be just the one I bought, the plastic is pretty thin/weak in spots that makes me worry about any prolonged handling.

I feel this figure might have been better served by being upsized to a Voyager. However I really feel Hasbro, or whoever is in charge of the line, should be embarassed at this offering. I honestly feel like this was a weak offering not worth the money they are charging (yes I know retail price is not Hasbro, but still, there is a baseline for Deluxes).

I hope Jazz and Shockwave are much better, but now I am hesitant to buy either at full price.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Yobuster
Alternator
Re: Hasbro should be embarassed by FOC Prime.

Buy Shockwave, you won't regret it. Sure he's a bit small but i can live with it. I haven't opened Optimus and Jazz yet but going by what you say i'll be lowering my expectations.

Feedback @ http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...light=yobuster
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Yeah, Hasbro should apologies for FOC Prime in more ways than Jim Carry should've apologized for The Cable Guy

(also, if anyone knows who or where I stole that joke from, please let me know haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yeah, Hasbro should apologies for FOC Prime in more ways than Jim Carry should've apologized for The Cable Guy

(also, if anyone knows who or where I stole that joke from, please let me know haha)
Cable Guy was a great Movie... as long as you weren't looking for Ass Ventura pet detective....
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Nullray
IGC

When i saw pics of Jazz beside WFC Bumblebee and he is smaller in scale I was totally turned off. It seems the new deluxe line is trending towards scout class....
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Hasbro needs to apologize for FOC Jazz, that figure is a mess..what they hell happened to his chest and he feels so cheap. Mine won't tab properly so there are gaps in car mode...he is now in storage and will stay there and the only part of him that sees "display" is his gun and that is mounted on Takara TF Prime Voyager Breadowns shoulder as his missile launcher.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
sikkbones
Banned

Methinks ill wait and get this line at 8 bucks and or on sale.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
Commandoclone87
Seeker

I skipped over Prime for Shockwave and Jazz. Shyockwave is definitely a great representation of the character if a little small) and Jazz looks alright. Unfortunately, I fear for their longevity as Jazz already has a biggass stress mark on the car back.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

What is it with everyone complaining about "small"...

MP-10 was small... no one complained...
Upcoming MP-11 Sideswipe (lambor) is friggin' small.. heck he's a masterpiece and goes to MP-10 prime's waist, and thats a "normal" deluxe" size... no one complains...

I personally like it when they're small... more space for on my shelves...

I dont hide the fact that the FOC line is a horrid one in both concept and quality... just arguing about the sinze, personally I like their size, I dont mind that "this format is the new deluxe"

All TF are getting smaller. Look at the recent Master Piece... MP-01 is like 2-3 inches taller than his remake MP-10... and the upcoming Lambor MP-11 is like 3 inches smaller than MP-10... yet he's still considered a Master Piece.

Just like a dick joke: Dont hate the size, hate the quality.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

there is alot Hasbro should be embaressed and appologize for

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote