Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
Pascal
Banned
Re: The Expendables

Potential for what? For having a boring "cool" plot with 95% less action?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #22
Autovolt 127
Animated

I finally saw it and this is the first time ever i've been to a 18A Movie theaters (I'm 16).

Great action flick, i came in knowing the story isn't important and their nothing but action. and that;s what it was. Great Action flick.

I hope they can get Micheal Beighn, Gary Busey, Tyrese Gibson, Mel Gibson and Samuel. L Jackson for a sequel.

Also Chuck Norris needs a cameo and he will get this movie a best supporting actor role. No Really.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Potential for what? For having a boring "cool" plot with 95% less action?
My feeling's on action movies is that they do have to make enough sense to hold a plot together. I think that this movie failed in that respect. If the plot held together, it'd probably be making twice the cash it's making now. And they didn't have to sacrifice any of the action to do it. In fact, a plot that holds together would add to the excitement of the action.

Unfortunately, when I was watching the movie, I actually groaned out loud when characters did stupid things. It just felt like they were trying too hard to be cool. For example.

MINOR SPOILER ahead.

I mean, I couldn't keep a straight face when Jason Statham crawled out onto the nose of Stallone's cockpit (insert dirty joke here) to fire the plane's guns. Ummm... the guns didn't rotate and were being aimed by the flight path of the plane, so basically Statham crawled outsided to push a trigger that could and should have been inside the plane.... I sigh...

End Spoiler.

Things like that bother me and spoil movies for me, but for those who aren't bothered by them... well, I'm glad you got your money's worth, because I didn't.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Believe it or not, a great example of just enough plot and just enough action from a movie this year: the A-Team

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #25
Pascal
Banned

The plot made perfect sense:

-mission 1: recon
-mission 2: save the girl

Straight to the point!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #26
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The plot made perfect sense:

-mission 1: recon
-mission 2: save the girl

Straight to the point!
Spoiler warnings.

That's the basics of it but it starts to fall apart when illogical things happen. For example, the Eric Roberts character in effect takes over the island and throws his weight around with basically only two guys at his side and bag of money. He treats the general like his personal bitch and the general takes it even after he has the money. It's like come on. You're a bad ass general and you're going to take it up the pooper from this guy? I don't by it. What's to prevent the general from putting a bullit in Eric Robert's skull, takiing the money, and the coke and be his own man? I don't recall there being anything to prevent that, was there? It doesn't make sense that the general fears the Eric Roberts character. I mean the genreral has his own army and Eric Robets has Steve Austin and some other guy.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #27
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Eric Robets has Steve Austin
Answered.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote