Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Robot Heroes Question

How difficult would you consider it to be to complete this series/play catch up wth it? I ask because my collection currently consists of The Decepticon Sneak Attack Wal-Mart exclusive and Grimlock/Shockwave only.

Most of the Universe stuff is easy to get if I can just get that extra cash before Wal-Mart sells out or dops the 4$ each rollback.

But what of the Movie items or the remaining G1 figures I failed to get back in the day? How hard is it to find them either at some little out of the way Wal-Mart/TRU/Bay/Zellers/Superstore/Sears or even a place like Galaxy Comics?
How difficult would it be to get the two that came with the Best Buy version of the Movie on DVD.
And how hard is it to get the Germany/Singapore released Ricochet/Predaking & Tigatron/Inferno?

I'm asking because I want to know if I should just forget this sub-line completely or stick with it?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: Robot Heroes Question

You might find it a little more difficult to catch up than with main lines, but I wouldn't think it would be impossible.

I think some of the G1 robot heroes were pretty hard to find in the first place, though.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Nightshade83

It should be fairly easy for you to get most of the Universe RHs, and maybe some of the 1st movie line. The original G1 line is a total bitch to find now though; I'm still trying to find more Seekers to repaint (I have Sunstorm, now I want the Rainmakers). Your best bet is probably looking online at this point, or at speciality comic or toy stores. Don't be too disappointed if you can't "catch 'em all".

Decepticons? I've survived Unicron AND being a Headmaster ... TO A WHINY LITTLE HUMAN BRAT!!!

My Transformers fanfiction: Vapour Trails ,
Prayer
Devart page: http://violetlight83.deviantart.com/
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
noodle
...in a cup.

I know JaySmith is looking to sell his collection of Robot Heroes, you should send him a PM; He'll probably have some if not all of the figures you're seeking...
Old 05-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Protoman
The Legend

I think it would be fairly easy to complete the line. Nothing in it is super rare and a quick scan on ebay should help you complete it rather quickly. Heck I see group sales all the time.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Icetron

Yeah, I almost bought a near complete first set of G1 ones for $25 shipped but I passed on it for now. I think it shouldn't be too hard to find, I may pick up a set later for desk buddies.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

Actually, this is relevant to me, too. I wasn't into them until they went on sale. I only wanted a few, just my faves, but then I decided what the hell, and got everything on the shelf. XD They're all so very adorable and cool. X3 I managed to find a couple from very early waves at Toys R Us just a few weeks ago, I'm talking from the first and third waves from 07, so I dunno. Ebay's helped me out in a lot of ways, but I've checked the prices on some of the Heroes listings, and I rather try and hunt around than get screwed by high prices--not to mention shipping--if I can.

But argh, they're so addictive, I think I might cave if I can't find them in retail or strike a deal with somebody. >_O
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote