Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
darthrage
Beast Machine
Interesting and funny toy shopping habit

Here's something I found myself doing alot. Maybe you guys do the same thing.

First of all, there's really nothing in particular I really need. Whenever I go into a store like TRU, Zellers and Walmart, I just see if there's anything that I would want, maybe a double for repaint fodder or just something that I have never seen before that might look good. Essentially, I don't have a particular anything that I want but I just want to see whats available if anything at all.

So here's the interesting part, whenever you go into a store and then you head to the TF section, you normally take one first quick scan of all the entire TF area to see if you spot anything new or something you want. Ok you see nothing. And then later you check the behind all the pegs to confirm that they are not all pegwarmers or there's some treasure hiding in the back. You have officially confirmed that there is nothing there. Ok now comes the funny part. Now that you know that there's nothing there, do you ever just find yourself standing there?? I mean you know there's nothing there but a part of you just tells you that you wanna stick around for a bit and just look at the pegs and the shelves. And then you leave the area for a bit and then find yourself coming back to the TF section again and then maybe you'll pick up something you don't really care about and then just look at it from front to back and then put it back on the shelf. And then take one last look again before you leave.

In the end you know there's nothing there that you can add to your collection but something, like some kinda unseen force drives you to stay there and indulge yourself in the numerous pegwarmers that are in front of you for a moment. I notice myself doing that and I notice other collectors who shop there do that. I saw another collector there and I decided to watch him from afar. And then he did the same thing I did. Which was check the pegs and then find nothing but then just stand there maybe praying that a 2008 Concept Camaro will magically pop up or something. And then finally leave after he takes one more last look.

I dunno if you guys found yourself doing that but its just an interesting thing that I noticed

I'm just not convinced that there's nothing to buy so it compels me to stay longer.

Last edited by darthrage; 08-30-2007 at 02:14 PM.
darthrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
Spacemonkey
Energon
Re: Interesting and funny toy shopping habit

Yes, i confess , i do that sometimes, fotunately not all the times, i don't want cross the line of complete obsession
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
mitchmurphy

yes i do that when im toy shopping, sometimes i buy those things i look at too just to get something that day.

i also look at everyone on the rack for a perfect paint job.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
RandomFerret

That, except then I ask myself "What am I doing? This is not what I should be spending my money or life doing."

And then I decide to forget about transformers forever. Usually one month.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
CerebralSin

Woah, thats EXACTLY what I do. When I try digging in the peg warmers to see if I miss anything, I always feel people are looking at me because when your digging in(well..for me) it looks awkward and I hate it when the transformer hanging at the front falls and then you gotta pick it up quick before anyone sees. well thats just me.

. . . KENNEDY!!!

CerebralSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I do the same thing. I guess I think that something will magically appear. Don't know why, but now it is part of the routine.

On an interesting side note on shopping habits: I hear that BadJeff has the habit of wearing a blue fedora with a big pink feather in it on his hunts... at least that is the rumour.

(that I am starting right now)

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.

Last edited by jourdo; 08-30-2007 at 12:26 PM.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Icetron

I thought I was the only one... I do that too, I don't really know why. After I see there's nothing I want, I just tend to randomly look around even though I know nothing will happen even if I do 'pray'. I also get tempted to buy random things if I stay too long, usually I can fight it though!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
-KG-
Kranix

I do it too, and my gf hates it. "There's nothing here, let's go..." she says. "Wait, i'm not done!" I'll say. Then she grabs my arm and pulls me out of the aisle.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #9
y2jversion1
Machine War

LOL I do that sometimes too..but as of late, I find myself wandering to the "pink" section (ie. Barbies etc) to look for hidden stashes.

So far have found 2 08BB's that way.

I try to block out of my mind, the people who are looking at me like I'm a weirdo..
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #10
CerebralSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jversion1 View Post
LOL I do that sometimes too..but as of late, I find myself wandering to the "pink" section (ie. Barbies etc) to look for hidden stashes.

So far have found 2 08BB's that way.

I try to block out of my mind, the people who are looking at me like I'm a weirdo..
Dangg... I cant believe you're that brave to go into the pink section of NO RETURN. I should start going there too. lol

. . . KENNEDY!!!

CerebralSin is offline   Reply With Quote