Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #61
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Frustration with TRU

To the OP, I think the earlier suggestion of getting to know boardies in your area is a good one. Set up the whole if you see it first grab me one. That's where the community can really shine. I know there was a BC thread set up for Masterpiece in store pick ups so that people would grab a couple extra and help out whoever was next on the list etc etc.

Most members on here are great and just in it for the hunt and not for the profit.

Hope your hunt for a MP-SS turns out successful!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #62
CAF
Banned

I have been seeing Starscream all over ebay and with shipping as low as 150 CAD. It's 1.5x more than TRU here but it's a sure thing before they get scarce
Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #63
steamwhistle
Crossover

Exeunt.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #64
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Last chance to try and keep this on topic.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #65
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm just stoked to compare the two Starscreams. October, eh? My only thing is this: with the somewhat noticeable QC issues for this guy, it's not like we can just exchange him if there's no stock in store. If mine has issues, I essentially return him and that's that unless I can order another online (and as of this post, it's not even listed on TRU). I hope I get lucky!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #66
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
A lot of time on Instagram I see people posting right from a TRU asking if their friends want one of (Insert toy here) before the scalpers get em all.

Collectors helping the community
Many collectors here in Edmonton are part of a TF fb group. We post news and sightings and since it's FB, notifications. The immediacy is beneficial. I've posted pics just like you mention, right from TRU or Wal-Mart, and a group member has been able to head out and pick up toys. Some of us will buy extra and offer them to group members at cost. We help each other out and it's helped most of us get the HTF toys we want.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
Old 09-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #67
chans formers
raff ow roud

in Calgary, some of us do the same.
if one of us finds something relatively new,we text each other first to see if local members need it first.
then,once we know so and so already has whatever,we post it up here for others...moreso the amount of lurkers and scalperswho simply log on to here for just the sightings but never contribute to the site.
to the op,i ran into the same issue with both metroplex and devastator....wasting both gas and time searching....
in the end I caved.my little sister works at a local tru but I don't like to bug her.
I eventually simply got her(you can usually get any customer service person,most of them do care)to go online at the tru site from their computer at the cs desk,ordered it,made sure it was delivered to the store and not my house,and I got them both and saved gas and time.
just don't send it to your house as the delivery guys don't care and simply drive up,drop it on your front step,ring the bell and run.
if you're not home,your package is now vulnerable to anybody who walks by and according to their system,technically it's been delivered and out of their hands.....
besides working on relationships with local fellow members,try to get in closer with local tru workers.
next time you see one,if they're not too busy,help break up their long work day by taking a few minutes and chatting/nerding out with them.
you'll be amazed at the results.
besides my little sister working there,i have around 5-6 different workers at a local tru telling me what's incoming from certain toy lines/statues/busts/exclusives/etc.
a lot of the younger guys working there are collectors too
Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #68
CAF
Banned

I wish Masterpiece would make bigger extras kinda like the way Marvel Select has stuff with their figs.
Wouldn't it be cool if a full set of Autobot cars would come with parts to build Teletran 1? Or if the Seekers all had parts to build the Spacebridge or Shockwaves Lab?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #69
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

That would be very cool.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Old 09-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #70
CPrime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by species5618w View Post
Well, my pre-order seems to be toasted. My credit card company sent me a new card with a new number due to a potential fraud. Called Toysrus, they refused to update the CC number. Called again, a different CSR agreed to escalate it, but no idea what is going to happen. Sigh...
I had this happen to me twice. The first time was with MP Soundwave, and when I called TRU, they cancelled my order immediately and it had been taken off the website at that time. The second time was with MP Sunstorm. I did nothing, but it still got charged and shipped because the authorization from my old card still counted with the new one, so there were no problems. You're probably best to leave it and things have a decent chance of working out.
Closed Thread