Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #571
xbrawn
Banned
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

anyone close to durham lol?
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #572
xbrawn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
The Ultimate Optimus is worth that alone in my opinion. If I were in your shoes I would buy the lot, keep that (and the FOC/WFC), and then sell the rest to get my money back. (and a little more)

actually just sold my ultimate optimus MISB for 50$ so i'm not sure about that
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:59 AM   #573
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

My latest tale. I put stuff up for free on Kijiji and my only stipulation is to pick it up so I got a response today

"Hey I'm really interested in the posters and this display you have up but I can not come and pick it up"

Last edited by wervenom; 06-29-2015 at 09:09 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #574
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Apparently, I was having another 50% off sale on my posting after going back and forth for about a hour we finally agreed on a deal. The freaking dude never showed up. WTH??!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #575
elburrito
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
My latest tale. I put stuff up for free on Kijiji and my only stipulation is to pick it up so I got a response today

"Hey I'm really interested in the posters and this display you have up but I can not come and pick it up"

maybe wants to pay for delivery?

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #576
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
maybe wants to pay for delivery?
Possibly but there are too many wrong (or rude) answers I could send and not knowing their circumstances I would rather not say anything at all. If you don't have anything nice to say...
Old 08-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #577
CPrime
Generation 2

So I listed my spare Hasbro MP Soundwave on Kijiji, wanting to make room for devastator (if Canada Post ever finds where they sent it...) and get the standard cancel on the day we're supposed to meet, or stop responding. Then I get this guy who offers me $165 "cash today!" (I was asking $200 and wondering what, other than cash, he thought I was considering accepting). I ignored him at first, but then he messaged again, asking if I would take $165 and I said no. He continues messaging, and we agree to a price, but then he says he lives in Burlington (I'm in midtown Toronto) and says he'll drive here to pick it up. Then he asks for $5 off because he has to travel so far to meet me, and it's later than he would like to meet. I know $5 isn't much, but this guy was beginning to seem really sketchy to me and it's the principle of the thing. After that, he asked if I would be willing to ship it, and he'd pay the shipping. I declined because I'd rather deal in cash and an actual person, so he agrees to meet me at my workplace during the day. Now he emailed me back, asking again if I would ship it to him. I don't know if this is some kind of scam, or he's just a really annoying and randomly alternating thrifty/spendthrifty.
CPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #578
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^ I think we have all got those types as some point. Shipping is really up to you. I have shipped a few things on Kijiji with no problem but don't make a practice of it. If it doesn't feel right then don't do it. If he wants it bad enough he will find a way IMO
Old 08-05-2015, 12:17 AM   #579
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
^^ I think we have all got those types as some point. Shipping is really up to you. I have shipped a few things on Kijiji with no problem but don't make a practice of it. If it doesn't feel right then don't do it. If he wants it bad enough he will find a way IMO
Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

A tactic some scammers use is to try and confuse you. They try an fill your head with tons of details to cloud exactly which ones you agreed to. So when you meet up they can argue loudly and make you uncomfortable in the hopes you'll just give them what they want to just get rid of them.

My rule of thumb is if the deal starts getting unnecessarily complicated and the person on the other end starts acting a little too flaky, I just walk away. I mean how much aggravation is $40 either way worth to you?

BTW, I personally wouldn't give out even your work place address to anyone on Kijiji. If they turn out to be a bit off kilter, it can bring a headache into your life that you don't need.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #580
python
Alternator

I do ship, but only to those who pay by EMT.

That usually removes the problem unless they're serious.

Plus you could get $180 plus shipping easily on these boards if not the $200 you asked for. One just moved for another boardie last week at $215 (took him 2-3 months at that price)
python is offline   Reply With Quote