Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
camarojay
Generation 1
Store tf stock

I"m located in the lower mainland and ages three and up among other stores i find that if you don't pre order every little thing they allways say there out of stock and it is really starting to tick me off.If there wasn't enough tf collectors in the lower mainland,,,,,and I know there are,,,, there would be at least some stock in the stores,,,,does this tick anyone else of,,,,is there anything i can do but buy over the net?I think they should be stocking more of the popular items they know are gona be selling out!
camarojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Store tf stock

It largely comes down to risk: if a store buys 1000 of a TF assuming it will sell great, and it doesn't, they take a bath on selling them off on clearance. Pre-orders are much safer as that's pretty much sold ahead of time.

Also, up-front costs. Not many stores can front $10,000 for 100 units of $100 toys, across many toy lines.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
camarojay
Generation 1

I would feel better if they took pre orders from the store and let you pay and pick them up there but it just seems like they are running a online store from the locations and selling the left over crap
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Slayback
Animated

Have you ever considered that these guys are small businesses and they're trying to make ends meet? That by carrying overstock it hurts their business because it just sits there with no one buying? Considering that they have to pay rent - pay themselves if they can- pay for workers - pay for product and then calculate the cost of the # of figures that you may or may not buy at one time. The fact that they're out of stock ticks you off? - Imagine how they must feel when - they do buy a few more figures and it just sits there, or when people preorder and they don't follow through OR when they make that gamble and grab a bunch of figures that no one likes. They're not TRUs or walmart or some other big box store. These are guys trying to help out the community while making a go of it to be an actual business. And A3U has some pretty decent pricing considering whats out there - and they're local to your community. So instead of complaining why don't you go over there - make friends and support your local Canadian shop?

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
camarojay
Generation 1

Alright,i agree with everything you said,,,,but lets say that you have x amount of customers and 10% of them want to pre order a item in the store and pick up and pay at the store and you say you cant do it? you just threw away 10% more profit than you would be making if you just made your product more accessible to your customers,,,,i know they advertise on line,,,,,,they should make their product as accessible as possible,,,if you can pick the item up IN THE STORE,,,,,YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PAY FOR IT AHEAD OF TIME IN STORE
Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Why don't you just go to A3U and talk to them? Most of us in the lower mainland like to go there. Even if you are not buying, Spencer and Adam (and the Asian guy whose name I never got) are cool guys to chat with. And as small business, they are personal to deal with too. No big company BS.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
camarojay
Generation 1

I have been there lots of times,,,there store is the best and one of my favorites,,,,tried to talk about pre ordering masterpieci sowndwave and lots of others,,,,everytime i get the same old story,,,can't pre order in store,,,,and when i go there its all hit and miss,,,,they are missing out on buisness
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
camarojay
Generation 1

They need to take preorders in store or stock the product
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Nullray
IGC

I can understand why they wouldn't do instore pre-orders as a policy. The tracking logistics would be a nightmare. On their website it is structured and containable and keeps both parties protected. If you need to pre-order and have the cash to cover the product why don't you utilize a pre-paid credit card and lock in immediately. Albeit there still is no import volume guarantees International supplies can be spread thin when trying to make everyone happy. I have missed many things. It just happends.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
camarojay
Generation 1

I have tried the pre order with my credit and pre paid credit cards and it was a hassle mybe it was just me can't see why they won't do in store pre orders cash in advance seems good,,,,up untill a certain set date?you cant tell me they order all of there figures that far ahead
im ontop of the upcoming releases comeing out and would be more than happy to pay in cash well ahead of time in store and pick it up in store,,,,even if there was an extra charge