Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #21
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: Peter Cullen attending Calgary Comic Expo!

Does anyone know if he's offering signatures outside this package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeem View Post
Got my package this morning too. Had a scare then the link wasn't up at 10 and then the whole site slowed down.

I think I maybe the first on Sunday. It says 1:45PM
There is no first, 1:45 is the only time he's doing it Sunday. You line up with all the other ticket holders and glare at the VIP members that get to skip the line that you'll be in for 2 hours.

I'm assuming you get your photo and then you have to line up again at his booth for the signature, does anyone know how that works? If he does the photo and then signature for everyone, that'll take hours to complete.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:08 AM   #22
Javienn
Generation 1

The package is the only way to get an autograph. Sounds like this is his preferred way of doing things. The expo also went out of their way to label it as a meet and greet, so I suspect each fan will be able to spend a bit of time with him getting the photo and autograph at the same time, while also having a few moments to chat and interact with him to make it personal.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #23
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javienn View Post
The package is the only way to get an autograph. Sounds like this is his preferred way of doing things. The expo also went out of their way to label it as a meet and greet, so I suspect each fan will be able to spend a bit of time with him getting the photo and autograph at the same time, while also having a few moments to chat and interact with him to make it personal.
I'd rather get in and get out as fast as they can shovel me through. I have nothing important to say to him and there are a lot of interesting panels I need to attend that day.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:15 AM   #24
Javienn
Generation 1

I don't think anyone is going to stop you from going through as fast as you can, however, I'm excited to spend a few moments with him. He'll be the biggest purpose of my time at the expo. To each their own. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:11 AM   #25
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Also looking forward to this; signed up for a Sunday slot. Gonna just sell my TFcon deluxe pass to a friend who missed out on the window for the Cullen autographs. Sure it's a bit pricier than the TFcon option but it's also professional photography AND local (and has the T-shirt, which makes up the cost a bit too)

Very cool that this opportunity exists though, I will say!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:38 AM   #26
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Rodimus View Post
I got my ticket for Sunday as well.
I'm thinking about having him sign the foreword he did for the Transformers Vault or one of the Rhino DVD booklets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
The Transformers Vault is my second choice right now.

Hmmmm..... I missed out on this Vault book, but I might be able to acquire one in time. For those that own it, how comprehensive is the content and in particular, how lengthy is Mr. Cullen's foreword within this book? If he had a lot to write about it, that would be more appealing for me to own it than if it was simply just a couple of small paragraphs.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:47 AM   #27
Dreadnaught
Generation 1

I read about this in the paper on my lunch break and instantly jumped on that! Now I don't have to pay ~600 to go to tfcon and meet him there, and all these extra goodies? Awesome. Last photo op I cared for was Patrick stewart and that was sadly overly brief so this meet & greet thing sounds awesome!
Dreadnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #28
Jeem
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Does anyone know if he's offering signatures outside this package?

There is no first, 1:45 is the only time he's doing it Sunday. You line up with all the other ticket holders and glare at the VIP members that get to skip the line that you'll be in for 2 hours.

I'm assuming you get your photo and then you have to line up again at his booth for the signature, does anyone know how that works? If he does the photo and then signature for everyone, that'll take hours to complete.

Oh.. For some reason I thought they were staggering the times so everyone doesn't show up at once...

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #29
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeem View Post
Oh.. For some reason I thought they were staggering the times so everyone doesn't show up at once...
You are correct, Jeem. At least, this is the structure that the photography company is trying to imply. Taken directly from their page where you purchase the photo ops, "Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis and these photo ops may last up to 2 hours, so please arrive only a few minutes before the time printed on your ticket! Arriving any earlier will not be useful to you as you will be asked to come back for the time on your ticket.". Hopefully they enforce their own rule and are able to do a good job of managing their traffic so that they won't actually be "2 hour long" lines as some people fear it will be.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #30
chans formers
raff ow roud

still mad i got friday tickets for the show and he's only appearing on saturday and sunday......tfcon...here i come