Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Should I get a PS4 now?

(This is NOT intended to be a consoles war and I'm not looking at comparing the merits of Sony and MS platforms)

I have a first-world problem: so I preordered both PS4 and XBox One earlier in the year. As the release days for both draw near it seems like the number of launch titles for both are shrinking, especially for Sony.

Up until Sep/early Oct, I was hoping there will be at least Drive Club and Watch Dog to get me occupied until more & better titles are available next year on PS4. But, these two have been slipped through the crack. I have zero interested in Kill Zone and other titles like Madden, and have just a tiny bit of interests in CoD: Ghosts, NFS: Rivals & Black Flag (all can be bought for current gen. or XBox One anyway). Some PSN titles sound interesting like Contrast but they are far in between. At least the XBox One has more (exclusive) titles right from the start like Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsports 5 & Dead Rising 3 that I may enjoy.

I'm not saying PS4 will not be a great platform but I now seriouly question if I should pick it up this month on day one w/ scarce game availability. My rational side urge me to wait and get it mid next year. However I do want it irrationally May be I'm missing something in terms of good game availability on day one? Should I pick it up or refund my deposit? I could, of course, pick it up and sell it but I just don't see a big market for it and don't want the hassle involved.

What do you think?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 11-01-2013 at 10:41 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Should I get a PS4 now?

I ain't getting one right away. there isn't any games I want on it right now and I just got a ps3 3 years ago, plus the system isn't backwards compatible

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
megaman
Generation 1

If there isn't any games you want at launch get a refund. Unless the better graphics make you want to throw money at the screen you can afford to wait.

If you try to sell you may have difficulty breaking even unless there's a high demand for some reason.

Save your money until an exclusive game you really want comes out or when there's a good sale going on. Less money on dust collecting, more money on Transformers.
megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I don't really see a need to buy new gen consoles right at launch, save your money and wait for the library to expand a little before committing.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I don't really see a need to buy new gen consoles right at launch, save your money and wait for the library to expand a little before committing.
exactly.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Meh. I wouldn't buy any next gen console at this time. Personally, I'm waiting until Destiny comes out before I buy a PS4. Maybe if there's a good Boxing Day sale, but I'd probably wait until there's a price drop.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
pulsedragon20
I win

I usually don't buy a new system until a few months (or more) because there are usually not a lot of good games at launch.

It's technically easier to get your deposit back BUT if anyone remembers what happened when PS3 came out, the prices skyrocketed after the first day...

With that being said, I have a "buy now, think later" policy, worst thing is that you return it and best thing is that you may make money.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Do not buy a console at launch! I'm sure there will be issues with the console. Not just the PS4, but also the Xbox One. Wait for the second or third generation consoles when they've ironed out all the issues. There's only so much testing that can be done and until it hits mass market for the real issues to appear.
So many issues with "launch" products: The iPhone had the yellowed screens issues, Xbox 360 had the three red lights, recently Dell laptops smelling like cat urine while turned on. Then you have to go to the hassle of replacing the item if it's still even covered by warranty.
I'm definitely going to buy both consoles, but I'm waiting. I used to work for Microsoft's call center and was working at the Xbox 360's launch and saw first hand "how sausage was made". The horror...
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #9
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

I personally would wait on both systems for a few months not only to see the direction the games released are headed, but to avoid any hardware issues like the 360's red ring of death or the PS2's disc gouging.
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #10
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

xbox one (2013) for the win, with halo 5 (2014), halo 6 (2016), halo 7 (2018), Call of duty ghosts 2 (2014), Call of duty Ninjas (2015), transformers robots in disguise (2014), Assassins Creed Samurai (2015) , Grand theft auto 6 (2015), Grand theft auto 7 (2017).....
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote