Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Wanted Items

Old 01-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #11
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise
Re: Need help e-bay nightmare. ( prime FE cliffjumper Head)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Looks like a scammer to me. Did u check his feedback in ebay? Maybe this guy had done similar stun like this before.
Great feedback 541 @ 100%
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID PRIME View Post
OK so another odd coincidence. Just looking at his history. Hey Sold a Lot of 10 TFS including a FE Cliff jumper loose for 124 USD. 3 days before he purchased my MOSC for 53 usd. He opened mine the same day he received it and noticed the head.

If you had a Loose Cliffjumper and sold it for 12 bucks ( average between the 10 figures) why would purchase a new MOSC one for 53 + 20 shipping and rip it open same day?
Wat

At first it seemed like a scam, now this guy just looks legitimately insane.

Maybe he realized he sold the CJ too low, or regretted doing so, and therefore wanted another? IDFK but it makes no sense. Cause if he was looking to regain his losses... why the fuck would he open it?

Maybe the CJ he sold was missing a head and he's trying to cover his own ass? Shifting the blame onto you; he's saying your carded one was defective, which is EXTREMELY unlikely. My best guess is he sold that lot, knowing his copy didn't have a head, forgot to mention it to the buyer, and needed to get another one ASAP to avoid dat negative feedback. Then, by saying it was your figure that was defective, he's able to go into the resolution center and get his money back, therefore negating the cost of acquiring that figure, and making his lot sale a lot more profitable. But then that doesn't justify why he needs more heads... unless the envelope truly did rip in transit.

Coincidentally, my FE Cliffjumper almost lost his head - he was at the bottom of a box with a bunch of other figs on top of him, causing the socket in his head to crack, and no longer stay on. Fixed now with nail polish, though.

Last edited by Nocturn; 01-24-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #13
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Based on what I have read and understand I would have him send it back to you at his cost. He can go to PayPal to be reimbursed for his shipping. he may not be a scammer but this sounds a little shaky to me
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

OK so when I questioned him about the one he sold. He changed his tune. here is my message.

"Hi , I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on all of this. These are two highly unlikely coincidences happening at the same time. Again I have to assume this is all true so I will find another head and send it to you asap. But I was just curious for my own sanity. You sold a Loose FE Cliffjumper with a Lot 3 days before you purchased my Brand new sealed one. So basically You sold one for 12.50$(average between 10 figures) then 3 days later purchase a Brand new sealed figure from me for 4x the price you sold it for. I could see if you wanted to keep in mint on sealed card but you ripped it open same day ( when you found the defect). So my question is why sell one for 12 then buy the exact same thing 3 days later for 53+20? "

Here is his reply

"Yes, I sold one and had immediate buyer's remorse, so I bought a new one - yours - but it's been one bad turn after another. And at this point I'm thoroughly tired of this back and forth with you, and I'm certainly not in the mood to convince you of anything. As far as I'm concerned you sold me a defective toy and then followed it up by sending me an empty envelope. So please forget trying to find me a new head and just issue me an immediate and full refund."

So now my question is. do I refund it and cut my losses and move on. Or do I get eBay involved?
Old 01-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #15
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
OK so when I questioned him about the one he sold. He changed his tune. here is my message.

"Hi , I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on all of this. These are two highly unlikely coincidences happening at the same time. Again I have to assume this is all true so I will find another head and send it to you asap. But I was just curious for my own sanity. You sold a Loose FE Cliffjumper with a Lot 3 days before you purchased my Brand new sealed one. So basically You sold one for 12.50$(average between 10 figures) then 3 days later purchase a Brand new sealed figure from me for 4x the price you sold it for. I could see if you wanted to keep in mint on sealed card but you ripped it open same day ( when you found the defect). So my question is why sell one for 12 then buy the exact same thing 3 days later for 53+20? "

Here is his reply

"Yes, I sold one and had immediate buyer's remorse, so I bought a new one - yours - but it's been one bad turn after another. And at this point I'm thoroughly tired of this back and forth with you, and I'm certainly not in the mood to convince you of anything. As far as I'm concerned you sold me a defective toy and then followed it up by sending me an empty envelope. So please forget trying to find me a new head and just issue me an immediate and full refund."

So now my question is. do I refund it and cut my losses and move on. Or do I get eBay involved?
I wouldn't refund him anything. Let him go through the work of making a claim through ebay and then make your case when ebay contacts you.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #16
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Absolutely not. Force him to open a case but you should immediately report the buyer to eBay
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #17
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Absolutely not. Force him to open a case but you should immediately report the buyer to eBay
Agreed!! I had someone trying to scam me and I was on top of it the WHOLE TIME and won my case. I owe a big thank you to my nemesis for that!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #18
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Agreed. Besides, how could you know the toy was 'defective' if it hadn't even been opened?
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #19
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

So he opened a case. and I reported him too. Lets see how it goes. all the messages are in ebays system along with pictures. I'm glad I took photos of the replacement head I sent out and attached them. I'll let you know how it goes. It very well could be bad luck and this guy could be telling the truth, however I was willing to send a 2nd replacement head so I'm thinking something is not right here.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #20
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Your envelope probably ripped or tore open because it was too thick and got snagged in one of their sorting machines. To have it in the official USPS bag is not something someone can fake unless he works for USPS. I think that was just a coincidence.

The original problem of the head being missing is questionable though.

Let us know how it turns out.

Oh and definitely make him file a case. You may have to cut your losses but make him go through the hoops at least. It's not easy to win against a "not as described" claim without pics or video to prove him wrong. The burden of proof is on the seller I believe.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 01-24-2018 at 03:15 PM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote