Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

This was not something we thought we’d hear at today’s Toy Fair 2018 Hasbro Investor Preview. Hasbro specifically stated that a new team at Paramount will reset the Transformers Live Action Movie Series following the release of Bumblebee: The Movie. Sure enough, the company has removed Transformers 6 (sequel to Transformers: The Last Knight) from the upcoming list of movies. [Guess we are stuck with a cliffhanger, eh?] Additionally, there is no Transformers Live Action Movie listed for the foreseeable future (2021). Whatever that will come, will only come after the aforementioned year. Slides from the announcement, can be found » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 02-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
Tonestar
Star Seeker
Re: Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

I'm OK without any TF movies after Bumblebee for a while. They could definitely use a good reboot and my wallet is happier too.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

I'm slightly bummed we are ending sort of on a cliffhanger with Quintessa still alive etc but yeah, TLK, even as a fan of the series, it was the hardest to watch.
I hope if/when it does get redone that we can start with Cybertron, maybe even see Orian Pax and Megatronus as friends. The problem with these films is they went too far over on their cgi models which meant less time you can spend to get to know any Autobots or Decepticons.
I dunno. At this point I don't really care. It seems like an odd move considering the Bumblebee movie coming out. Shrug.

Side note: NOT looking for 1994 first aired episode copy either. Maybe they should move forward by going to the past and go with Beast Wars.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
Mikformer
Machine War

Maybe make Transformers that actually transform. like the first 2-3 movies. Transformers that morph it just lazy.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikformer View Post
Transformers that morph it just lazy.
Yeah, that just makes them Transmorphers.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Id watch transmorphers before ANY of the bay movies again.

Robots in disguise in disguise.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Unicron literally destroyed the Transformers cinematic universe!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote