Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Victor Prime
Mini-Con
Local Toy Stores?!?!

Does anyone know of any good toy stores in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge (ON) area? I'm talking somewhere that sells vintage Transformers and maybe even some imports. When I lived in Hamilton there was like 3 and now there's only 1 and I don't get back there very often.

I know, I know, there's online stores, but they lack that personal touch of having a place to go to, a real person to talk with behind the counter, stuff like that.

I'm definitely willing to drive within an hour of KW (maybe some places in Toronto?).

Cheers
Victor Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Local Toy Stores?!?!

I don't believe that there is a single store that sells anything other than current-line TF's in the K-W Area.

Even the comic book stores only carry things like RotF - and that's if you want to pay $50 for a Deluxe Movie 1 Scorpinok.

Not sure about Cambridge though.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

Actually I'd like to know if there are any stores like that as well. I only know of the one in Hamilton and his selection is pretty small.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
joshimus
Metroplex

Who else in Hamilton? I know of Big B Comics and that's about it but they pretty much have universe Dinobot and real replica frenzy, that's about it.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

There's Kool Stuff on King st.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Who else in Hamilton? I know of Big B Comics and that's about it but they pretty much have universe Dinobot and real replica frenzy, that's about it.
Sorry, not to get off track since this is about K/W, but Kool Stuff in Hamilton is the one guy I know of that sells vintage stuff here (and he's already been mentioned).

We used to have Bounty Hunter toys, but he gave up the business.

There is also this guy: http://www.thetransformersemporium.com/

He is now running the antique/vintage toy section at Clappison's Corners (71 Highway 5 West) in Hamilton according to his website. Haven't been there though, but maybe shoot him an e-mail first to be sure...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
- and that's if you want to pay $50 for a Deluxe Movie 1 Scorpinok.
Ouch!!!
that's like 20 times what it should be worth!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise

Is it ok if i ask wat Victor Prime is saying is there any comic book shops like silver snail any where in markham
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

We got jack squat here in K/W for stores selling older toys.

The comics stores I've checked only have a small selection of current TFs (movie line).

Three WalMarts in K/W, of which Waterloo (St Jacob's) sucks. The others are hit and miss. Cambridge WalMart seems to get new releases the soonest in our area.

One TRU, in Kitchener on Fairway Rd. Decent TF section, gets things in average time.

Lots of Zellers, two of which (Stanley Mall in Kitchener and Bridgeport in Waterloo) are sometimes little time capsules and have older stock (but we're talking leftover stuff from last year, not really old).

I only know of one dedicated toy store in K/W and that's Turtle Pond Toys in Waterloo - but they haven't had TFs in years AFAIK and they never carried old TFs to my knowledge - they seem more of a semi-educational toy store.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
questlyfe
is a G1 enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisBio12 View Post
Is it ok if i ask wat Victor Prime is saying is there any comic book shops like silver snail any where in markham
The only one left in Markham is Heroes World and even that place has an extremely small selection and all current stuff. You can also try First Markham Place Mall but expect to pay huge dollars and also limited supply if any. You can try Woodbridge they have 2 stores called Heroes and Dragon's Den. Heroes carries some reissues but at $200 each they can kiss my ass. I got lucky at Dragon's Den the other day and ran into a Commemorative Prowl for $35 but it was the last of the reissues they had. I wish i knew other places to physcailly go in and look and purchase these items but it's best to find people on this site for purchasing. I've had a few bites so far but i haven't bought anything just yet but there alot of really nice people willing to help on here