Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
damani_d
Generation 2
Overall Experience at TFCON...

I have to say for a first time attendee this thing was amazing...how does everyone else feel?

I think the most amazing part (folks who are around 26 or older of course) is that being in the dealer room brought you back to the 80's and 90's for a second or two...wow man seeing those He-man toys (from the slime pit thing, to the figures), the generation 1 transformers still in their original packaging (really brought me back to my youth, esepecially seeing the back of the boxes I just had to gock for a minute at the art work, how they appealed to me as a youngster) just amazed me...

There were so many toys there from my youth I held off buying...because I have probably 90 percent of what I saw there stuffed in boxes and boxes that haven't been touched sine the early 90's...However I probably will end up buying some stuff from a dealer or two, if I go today, if not via online method...

Anyways back the show, great time playing the video game, the panels were well done and very informative and interactive...good job well worth the admission price...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Love the wide-eyed wonder of newbies. Glad you had a good time
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
RageD
Energon

I was a first time attendee as well and I brought along my wife. We had a good time, Brought $600 Spent $70, Didn't really see any reasonable G1 toys I was after, $275 for a Menasor...Really? Come on......... But overall a good experience. She did mention it would have been cool to see more Customs in the customs contest.
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Wink Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Derrick J Wyatt is such a fun guy to be around for my first TFcon I had a great time!

The panels I went to were a lot of fun as well, mostly due to vangelus and even guber.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
damani_d
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
I was a first time attendee as well and I brought along my wife. We had a good time, Brought $600 Spent $70, Didn't really see any reasonable G1 toys I was after, $275 for a Menasor...Really? Come on......... But overall a good experience. She did mention it would have been cool to see more Customs in the customs contest.
Rage were you the brown skinned fella (no offence just tying to narrow it down heh), I seen one guy with his wife inquiring about menasor so I thought that might of been you...

As soon as the dealer iterated the price, I grew disinterested that is a bit much...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
RageD
Energon

Hey, Nope that certainly wasn't me but Id imagine there were a few folks inquiring about the crazy pricetag on that one!
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
LBD "Nytetrayn"
Generation 1

Had my first time there yesterday, and it was quite a bit of fun. And I seem to have developed a new nickname, thanks to Mr. Kaye...

I had hoped to return today, but I wound up hurting myself this morning, so I wasn't able to go. I hope someone (Vangelus?) posts the GoBots panel, at least.

I also wanted to hit the dealer room again, and maybe actually get something this time. I'm such a bad fan; I go to a TF convention and don't come away with any Transformers. What have I done with my life? :P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD "Nytetrayn" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
kakit
Machine War

My first Transformers Convention and it was pretty darn good even though I was there for one day. I will try for both next year. The staff was very helpful, met Protoman in person and helped me with so many questions. Dealer room was fun, didn't buy as much as I expected, but my wallet thanks me. Derrick was a really cool guy to just chat with in the dealer room. Sat a 2 seats away from him in the Hasbro panel, then Aaron and Vangelus sit down. All great guys, thanks for the autograph Vangelus!

It was also my first time meeting David Kaye, luckily I was not too far behind in the line. All in all a very cool guy.

Bad Seller: X-Warlock
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

I had a decent time. I didn't meet anybody on the board (except for Dan "protoman'). I was with my girlfriend, a TF newbie, and she thought it was pretty cool.

Like I said on another thread, I thought the prices were reasonable, but not amazing. Deals could be negotiated with the dealers, so that was cool. It was g1 paradise I had to say.

THe Hasbro panel was cool - I could have done without the dumb questions, but hey, fans are fans.

The best experience was talking to Mark Ryan for over twenty minutes about the ins and outs of the creative process of voice acting. Very nice guy.
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

Went to a few Botcons back in the day ('99, '00 and '02), but this was my first TFcon and I must say I was hugely impressed with how big of an event these have become. Easily on par with the Botcons I went to, and in some ways, even superior.

The panels actually had very novel and interesting content, for one thing. The video game session was ridiculously comprehensive (I regret not picking up that Hope for the Future PS2 game from that Downshift dude, but I didn't have any cash on me at the time and I wanted to catch the TFTM screening), as was the "TFs that never were" bit. Even the Gobots panel was pretty cool, although it really only proved that "Machine Robo" was awesome... "Gobots" still suck.

Pretty shocked about the dealer room prices though. Managed to get a rather nice MOC G1 Air Raid for $25, but other than that, was mostly just window shopping.

So yeah, other than the faux pas of not hearing Mark Ryan when he asked my name during the Q & A, I was extremely pleased with the whole shebang and will totally come back next year.
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote