Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #61
nicoath
Underbase caretaker
Thumbs up Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Hey there guys!

This was my first TFcon (any 'con really) and have to say that it was impressive and quite fun. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to really attend many of the panels because I was in Toronto on business (but conveniently enough scheduled to coincide with TFcon...wink) and really couldn't spend much time enjoying all there was to see. I missed the Friday night festivities but was there in the morning on both Saturday & Sunday; both days pretty much destroyed my wallet...probably best that I was limited for time
All in all, the staff was helpful and a great group of people, and I regret not pre-ordering the Nightbird figure! Keep up the great work guys...I know someday we'll have that 5-figure set!
I found that the dealers I dealt with were fair and easy-going and given that I have nothing to compare prices prior to this, they seemed willing to bend a little.

Just a few shout-outs:
-Thanks to UltraPrimal for delivering the S'cons and Turbomaster (or thanks to reprolabels, I shall dub him Swindle); great guy!
-Thanks again to Alex Milne for the signed masterpiece 'screamer print, awesome artwork! Regret not grabbing the Galvatron one!!!
-Thanks to Spiro from My Cartoon Heros dealer table; they pretty much got a good amount of my cash, and yes, one day that henkei wildrider will come home! Damn you wildrider! Mocking me with those re-painted eyes!!!! Put me on your list Sprio.
-Thanks for my de-magnetized bankcard or else those MIB G1 Predacons would be home
Lastly, props to all, expect a return visit next year, hopefully meeting a couple of you guys! Give yourselves a pat on the back, you deserve it!

Last edited by nicoath; 07-19-2010 at 11:22 PM.
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #62
Janitor
Classic
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

My 2010 TFCon experience: it was sauce of the awesome variety. Yessss, it totally rocked!!!

Being "only" my second TFCon (I attended last year's, then joined cybertron.ca shortly thereafter), in a way I thought I was still new to the scene, but I guess not! Glad to see so many first time attendees who had such a great time. Hey damani_d, was that you I was chatting with at Russ' giant G1 table (you found about about TFCon like 2 weeks ago and drove into town with a few buddies)? I was the Asian dude in the blue Autobot shirt scrounging for parts, junkers and whatnot.

And the people from these boards that I finally met were great to chat it up with and always super-friendly: Leozak, Pascal (a shame you couldn't stay too long), Matrix Holder, Echotransformer, UTF, Thundercracker (I assume that was you and your younger brother I was hanging out in the foyer Saturday, since I see you sig'd about how you realized Cyclonus isn't aka 'Bad Comedy'...however he was at one point referred to as Cy-clown-us ). Who knows, maybe I'll meet a few more of y'all next year.

Dealer room: didn't buy too much, but I did manage to cross a buttload of stuff of my want list: G1/G1 reissues, G1 parts, reprolabels, etc. Priority wise, for several months I was hunting for Takara G1 reissue Hound non-stop via eBay, the sales boards, TFW's...but never could find one at a decent price ($90? $110?! $120 plus shipping!?!?). So Saturday morning I do the early admission thing, run around and literally within 3 minutes there it was for $60. MINE!! I was so ecstatic after this one purchase that my mind went completely blank, I stood there for a full 2 minutes and could not for the life of me think of what else I wanted (I had a list in my back pocket, but that's beside the point).

Wish I could have stayed longer and done more things. I left before the script auditions/reading...REALLY wanted to stay for that, but c'est la vie.

I absolutely cannot wait to do it all over again next year. BIG TIME KUDOS to all the staff/volunteers/guests/attendess/anyone else I'm leaving off for making TFCon such a kick ass experience and amazing time for fans of all ages!!
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #63
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise

my 3rd transformers convintion was awsome and amazing. But there were SOOOOOOOO many things i wanted there but didnt have enough. =( but still it Was FUN and cool
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #64
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This event blew all of my expectations away and then some! It was awesome, I found a lot of great deals in the dealer room, met a lot of great people. The thing I noticed that's different then Anime North was just how social this convention was. You can get into a conversation with just about anyone and they'll treat you like they've known you for a long time.

Dereck Wyatt is such a cool guy, Mark Ryan and David Kay were really nice too. I'm hooked to this thing now, definitely looking foreword to next year!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #65
Xmann1076
Generation 2

My overall experience? as a first timer, it can be sumed up in one word.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now, I'm a grown man, and refuse to screech like a schoolgirl, but let me tell you, inside my head if felt like there was a school full of girls at a live twilight fan event where they let them grease up the charatchers.

I got a chance to put some names to some faces, but because I'm kind of a low key kind of guy I didn't introduce myself. LOL I was a convention lurker.

Highlights? David Kaye. The dealer room. Realizing that I'm not alone in following a popular toy form the 80's that has more lives than a sack full of cats.

Lowlights? Missing Derrick Wyatt because I'm a moron who can't read his own schedule. Forgoing being in the group photo, because I felt outsiderish.

Best Finds? Legends ROTF constructicon green devy for (get this!) $15. Didn't have much to spend but I felt I got the most for my money.

The one that got away? Earth Mode Animated Voyager Prime. Sad face, I shoulda grabed him. Like 5 away from all canadian releases of animated and I hesitated.

Will I be back? Definately. Already planning ways to get there next year.

Deadpool ties up vegetarians and force feeds them meatloaf.

Now I ask you, which one is better?
Xmann1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #66
hupla
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Yes that is her name.Met her last TFCon,very nice girl,but I don't think she meant to steal your seat.
Oh im sure it was an accident, but next year when I steal HER seat, that wont be an accident >: D
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #67
nicoath
Underbase caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
My 2010 TFCon experience: it was sauce of the awesome variety.

Dealer room: didn't buy too much, but I did manage to cross a buttload of stuff of my want list: G1/G1 reissues, G1 parts, reprolabels, etc. Priority wise, for several months I was hunting for Takara G1 reissue Hound non-stop via eBay, the sales boards, TFW's...but never could find one at a decent price ($90? $110?! $120 plus shipping!?!?). So Saturday morning I do the early admission thing, run around and literally within 3 minutes there it was for $60. MINE!! I was so ecstatic after this one purchase that my mind went completely blank, I stood there for a full 2 minutes and could not for the life of me think of what else I wanted (I had a list in my back pocket, but that's beside the point).
Amen to that! Picked up a Takara Re-issue Hound myself! Was looking for him for a really long time!
nicoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #68
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post

Cheers!
-Ian
Pretty sure I saw you, I think you were a couple feet away from me... introducing yourself to someone else.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #69
damani_d
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
My 2010 TFCon experience: it was sauce of the awesome variety. Yessss, it totally rocked!!!

Being "only" my second TFCon (I attended last year's, then joined cybertron.ca shortly thereafter), in a way I thought I was still new to the scene, but I guess not! Glad to see so many first time attendees who had such a great time. Hey damani_d, was that you I was chatting with at Russ' giant G1 table (you found about about TFCon like 2 weeks ago and drove into town with a few buddies)? I was the Asian dude in the blue Autobot shirt scrounging for parts, junkers and whatnot.

And the people from these boards that I finally met were great to chat it up with and always super-friendly: Leozak, Pascal (a shame you couldn't stay too long), Matrix Holder, Echotransformer, UTF, Thundercracker (I assume that was you and your younger brother I was hanging out in the foyer Saturday, since I see you sig'd about how you realized Cyclonus isn't aka 'Bad Comedy'...however he was at one point referred to as Cy-clown-us ). Who knows, maybe I'll meet a few more of y'all next year.

Wish I could have stayed longer and done more things. I left before the script auditions/reading...REALLY wanted to stay for that, but c'est la vie.

I absolutely cannot wait to do it all over again next year. BIG TIME KUDOS to all the staff/volunteers/guests/attendess/anyone else I'm leaving off for making TFCon such a kick ass experience and amazing time for fans of all ages!!
I was there on saturday bro...are you referring to speaking on Saturday morning or around noon? If so yeah that would have been me...
damani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #70
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by n10zguy View Post
And of course my most favorite thing of all.... breaking the gender barrier at the live script reading and landing the role of Blackarachnia!!! SO much fun!
Dude, you soooo rocked that role!! Thanks for proving that Anybody can play Any role.
And props to Stingrose (That you, eh Gabby?) for making your win so difficult to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscrabbler View Post
On Sunday for the 8s0s costume contest, there weren't that many valid entries, so we actually awarded prizes/certificates to three little kids who were dressed up as Megatron, Bi-beast, and Spider-Man. JLvatron would know more about it though.

I don't have pics, but I am sure that some pics were taken.
Yup. Honorable mention goes to the guy dressed as Hannibal from the A-Team.
That Megatron costume totally blew me away.

I think there are pics on the way.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote