Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #51
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
Re: WFC Discussion (possible spoilers)

Bah, the game keeps kicking me out after the first two or so waves of Escalation.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #52
keanu577
11 year old fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
Never froze on mine (playing on 360)

Boss fight Spoiler

I gave up after an hour trying to kill Trypticon. here is a break down of the fight

Phase 1: Trypticon has two attacks.

1 - barrage of missiles (yes they are homing missiles)
2 - arrays of giant energy balls.

the fight: he will be constantly shooting homing missiles at you when he switches to energy balls, you will have the chance to move around during that time. For this fight, you will have to run to 1 console to activate some transfer belt above trypticon's shoulder. and then you need to shoot the energy tube on these transfer belts to overload trypticons weapon. Sounds easy eh? the only way i found out how to do this is hide when he shoots missiles. When the first console is up, quickly dash towards it, activate the console and then back to the hiding spot. hide and try to shot the tubes when he switches attacks. you will need two shots to break a single tank, and you need to do it 4-5 times. I used energy pistol for this. When the left side is done, switch to the right side. Same strat

Phase 2: This is the shitty part

attacks:
1 - barrage of homing missiles that can take almost 1 bar of your health. The only way you can dodge this is time it, get into vehicle mode and drive like a mofo. this is his first attack

2 - energy beam that follows u around. luckily, you can hide behind the ramp on the left side of the platform you are fighting on. when ever he is going to do this attack you will see alert message popping out of the screen. after the first attack rotation, sometimes he will skip this one and jump right to the third attack, be ware.

3 - missiles + tail charge: There are 4 missile turrets on his tail. they will shot rockets at you, if the rocket hits u, it does more than half bar of health. If they land on the floor, it will summons a dark energon spike. These spikes are destructible, but if you do not break them, they will break and pop out annoying spiders. while the missiles from his tail is heading to your way, trypticon will charge up his tail, and when charge is done, he will strike the ground with it. if you are too close, it will shock you and take about half of your total HP. you can try to take out the missile turrets, but it's not easy because they are very far away and the tail moves when these turrets are visible.

these are the attacks of trypticon. what i suggest is, get enough ammo first , then he does his first attack, wait in the bottom part of the platform time the missiles and run from it. And then when you get the red alert message, hide behind the ramp. After this one, you can try to snipe out the missile turrets on his tail. anyway, move away from where you were when he initiated the charge, walk to the other side. do a double jump + dash should help you avoid this. So now assume the rockets from his tail did not hit you. Try take out as many dark energon you can. I found a cheese way for this part. if you stay in the bottom when these rockets hit, you can simply move up to the second level and let AI deal with the spiders. there are 2-3 spiders will run to you, but they should not be the problem. If you are going to take out the spiders, do it quick. Trypticon does not wait till you finish all the spiders, he will resume the first missile barrage attack, so get into the vehicle mode and do this all over again. during the first attack rotation, you will not be able to do any dmg to him (you can take out one of his turrets durring attack#2). After the first rotation, he will expose a power core from his back. There are 3 power cores on his back. good thing is they don't have crazy amount of HP.

that's all I know about the final fight of the game. I almost beat it, third core was only few shots away. freaking AI blocked me during attack#1 which killed me.

if anyone has a better way to do this fight, please do share
Just finished the game on medium!! YAY!!!

Anyways yea. That boss battle took me like... 2 hours. SO HARD!!! But I like a good challenge! Just get the patterns memorized like I did!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #53
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu577 View Post
Just finished the game on medium!! YAY!!!

Anyways yea. That boss battle took me like... 2 hours. SO HARD!!! But I like a good challenge! Just get the patterns memorized like I did!
i dunno what's the difference between hard and medium, maybe in hard the attack hits harder? or maybe he has more hp? i got him down to the third battery and half way effing BB blocked me
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #54
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Hound View Post
Coming from playing ROTF on PS3 for the past year i can't help but to be disappointed. I thought they were going to make WFC similar to the ROTF platform but they didn't.

For comparison sake i can do much more with my bot in ROTF:
I can dodge while shooting, climb, jump off the side of a building, transform in mid air, hover (it's not a special ability, i can just hover as long as i want). oh and you have unlimited bullets.
There is none of this in WFC. I had trouble double jumping onto a platform. Took me and my buddy like 5 min. We either really suck at jumping or this is another ball dropped in the gameplay.
I have to disagree with some of your points... in WFC some characters can dodge while shooting (Brawl & Sideswipe come to mind). You can also transform in mid air as I do it all the time. I also noticed while playing as Jetfire I did have unlimited ammo in vehicle mode whether it was guns or rockets.

And not to be rude, Jumping is easy so it must be you
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #55
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise

Game is AWSOME.No more humans whining at u. Its awsome. Hasbro.PLEASE make ALL the characters in to toys including Omega Supmere and Tryptacon
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #56
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

So I've beat the game now and overall found it to be just prime!!! Oddly enough though I found freeing Omega Supreme to be harder then defeating Trypticon as it was just more intense & it seemed like their was more to do when saving Omega.

Also tried playing online and just joined a few random games until I got an invite from bri-icy to join a escalation game with him, da blinks and mighty galvatron which was pretty cool. Made to wave 10 with da blinks but if the other two hadn't quit I'm sure we could have got further vs wave 7 on the next attempt as decepticons, hah.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #57
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
So I've beat the game now and overall found it to be just prime!!! Oddly enough though I found freeing Omega Supreme to be harder then defeating Trypticon as it was just more intense & it seemed like their was more to do when saving Omega.

Also tried playing online and just joined a few random games until I got an invite from bri-icy to join a escalation game with him, da blinks and mighty galvatron which was pretty cool. Made to wave 10 with da blinks but if the other two hadn't quit I'm sure we could have got further vs wave 7 on the next attempt as decepticons, hah.
i stayed on, misbio12 and i were trying to get into more games afterwards, for some reason we can't host each other's games, kinda weird, and annoying looking for someone to host

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #58
joshimus
Metroplex

Haven't tried multi-player yet but I did enjoy the game. Love shooting, transforming to vehicle and shooting and back. Very intense doing all the combos with switching modes, made the game a lot of fun.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #59
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

did anyone suspect the unicron battle using the Cliffjumper character?

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #60
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
i stayed on, misbio12 and i were trying to get into more games afterwards, for some reason we can't host each other's games, kinda weird, and annoying looking for someone to host
Well to be more specific the 2nd last game when we were autobots... by wave 7 you and Mighty_Galvatron had left or lost your connection etc... so it was only me and Da Blinks. Well come wave 8 I died leaving it up to him. Then wave 9 he died leaving it up to me. Then come wave 10 we both died!

But if you two had been there still then I'm just assuming we would have made it further.

Regardless, I'm free this evening to play again and can even give hosting a try.