Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Vakamadisk
Meow
Walmart.ca listings for TFs are way overpriced

Anyone ever check out walmart.ca lately and see all the third party sellers on there? I don't think I've seen a single one of those sellers charge a fair price for any Transformer there.

Just searching for 'newest' yields these fine results. Take a look.

Some standouts include legion RID Fixit for $149.73; TR Rewind for $79.77; TR Powermaster OP for $137.25 . . .

But my absolute favorite is this listing.

POTP Leader Rodimus Prime for $1,475.37!!

Fortunately it's possible to filter out these third party sellers, but something like this shouldn't even be on Wal-Mart of all places.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Walmart.ca listings for TFs are way overpriced

The matrix on that version is made with 18 karat gold...
Old 01-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakamadisk View Post
Anyone ever check out walmart.ca lately and see all the third party sellers on there? I don't think I've seen a single one of those sellers charge a fair price for any Transformer there.

Just searching for 'newest' yields these fine results. Take a look.

Some standouts include legion RID Fixit for $149.73; TR Rewind for $79.77; TR Powermaster OP for $137.25 . . .

But my absolute favorite is this listing.

POTP Leader Rodimus Prime for $1,475.37!!

Fortunately it's possible to filter out these third party sellers, but something like this shouldn't even be on Wal-Mart of all places.
Walmart has been promoting a lot of Third party sellers on their website for at least 2 years now. If you want to see only items sold by Walmart, choosev filters, then sold & shipped by, and then choose Walmart.

Best buys website also has a lot of third party sellers too (they also sell toys).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I feel like this is a shady practice, and one of the reasons I straight up don’t shop online. A company like Walmart should have absolutely no third party companies selling through their site. Hell, Walmart Canada in general needs to get their businesses better under one umbrella. Good luck trying to get one Walmart to price match another, or to price match their own website. It’s like the companies is run by a nest of squirrels on LSD.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
79transam
Machine War

I can't help but wonder how many people actually pay those prices. It's been a part of their site now for a while so these listings have to be getting sales or they'd eventually be gone
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:03 PM   #6
Pgianos
Banned

Cmd store sells on there. I hate them with a passion. They seem to be stocked when no one else is selling at 100 percent above retail.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #7
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

There is a filter on the left of the page to only show items where WalMart is the seller. Unfortunately you have to set it every time as it doesn’t keep the setting page to page.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #8
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Wal-Mart doesn't truly care, these other e-tailers pay them money to use their website, they get paid so who cares if they charge over a grand for something on Rollback for 15$?
Old 01-08-2019, 01:49 AM   #9
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Third party sellers on major retail sites are a cancer. Go back to eBay with your price raping.

I've subconsciously stopped using WM's website because this shit is so annoying... yes you can turn it off, but it comes back. It always comes back.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:20 AM   #10
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

The walmart.ca website has gone from bad to worse. It is garbage for a company that now has full retail control of an entire country. They know they can't compete with Amazon online and seem to just take low-hanging fruit items, as well as things like grocery and ship to store.

They don't try and don't even care when you contact them about technical issues (which I have on many occasions). Someone in the US sent me a form reply for their last technical gaffe.

- The search is garbage.
- They removed all movies and music months ago. Still not back.
- The third party junk is hurting them more than the pennies they get for web product placement.
- You login when you order something so they could store a simple checkbox saying 'hide all third party garbage'... but nope!
- Some lady returned a third party "wrong order" *in-store* and I don't know how they did it. Item was a controller and it had no UPC or bar code. I waited 5 minutes behind her in line and she was there a while. Taking store hours for online problems.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote