Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #31
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: Sector 70 2011 Gestalt Challenge/Charity Project. Team Canada/cy.ca's Gestalt Thr

insecticon combiner?

each limb can be made from left over parts which most kitbashers have. robotic insects mostly have limbs or tails which can be added separately and easily on insect and tucked away or stay on robot mode. like those all insecticons inspired by ptitvite.

maybe from beast wars again, however i think it would be even more awesome if the bodies and limbs are robotic.

i would love to make myself some insecticons and if they combine even better. this would sell more i believe since everyone can relate to insecticons rather than beast wars toys. if you disagree with the latter, i'm a prime example of a collector who doesn't touch beast wars stuff.

Last edited by Buhawi; 03-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #32
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: Sector 70 2011 Gestalt Challenge/Charity Project. Team Canada/cy.ca's Gestalt Thr

i was fiddling around with thunderwing. i think the his feet tucking inside his body is perfect for a lot customs, especially insecticons. he's also a pegwarmer. lol
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #33
Nullray
IGC

There are alot of great ideas. Is it better for judging to go with an already established character or create a new one.

If creating a new one perhaps something Cybertronian Samurai like with Generations Drift and Blurr mold for arms and legs. Does it have to be a Franken-mold or can it be somewhat symetrical?
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #34
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
There are alot of great ideas. Is it better for judging to go with an already established character or create a new one.
the former but it would have to abide the challenge master's rules which of course nurtures creativity rather than anything else.

Quote:
If creating a new one perhaps something Cybertronian Samurai like with Generations Drift and Blurr mold for arms and legs. Does it have to be a Franken-mold or can it be somewhat symetrical?
i like the cybertronian samurai theme or maybe a japanese theme. you guys can probably do this and the canadian one with another team like you guys did the last time.

a ninja
a samurai
shinsengumi
onna-bugeisha(female-samurai)
sohei (warrior-monk)

alt modes can be cars, rice boy to be exact. lol. that would be so cool. make them Toransufoma Heddomasutazu then put heddo on! on the bidding page. it'll make your rich fanboy giggle.

but the another team might go with this already since teams are done geographically. team asia might go with this.

Last edited by Buhawi; 03-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Well everyone Im back from a long break for personal reasons.

I really like the Beast Wars combiner idea. I had a few ideas on the combiner and I wanted to get some feedback.

I think a Canadian Beast Wars combiner with,

Polar Claw - Grizzly bear (body)
Airraptor - Canadian Goose (wing back pack)
Cheetor - Cougar (arm)
Snarl - Beaver (arm)
Bonecrusher - Bison (leg)
Ramulus - Moose (leg)
fixed

i'd go with a six piece combiner. it will give him more bulk. especially on the rib area of the combiner. i really disagree with lanky looking combiner which plague the kitbash scene. airraptor may have extra parts which can cover the rib area giving the combined more bulk.

combiner = big, bulky

Quote:
Albertosaurus (pronounced /ælˌbɜrtɵˈsɔrəs/; meaning "Alberta lizard") is a genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur that lived in western North America during the Late Cretaceous Period, more than 70 million years ago. The type species, A. sarcophagus, was apparently restricted in range to the modern-day Canadian province of Alberta, after which the genus is named.
also the albertosaurus can replace the main body giving it way more bulk on top.

albertosaurus - (top Body)
Polar Claw - Grizzly bear (lower body )
Airraptor - Canadian Goose (wing back pack)
Cheetor - Cougar (arm)
Snarl - Beaver (arm)
Bonecrusher - Bison (leg)
Ramulus - Moose (leg)

sorry i couldn't pick between the grizzly and bison and moose for the legs.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #36
Nullray
IGC

Brainstorming a bit for a possible Samurai theme.
Main body (Banzaitron or Bludgeon) Tank
Arms (TFCon Nightbird) I know you hate em but at least lets chop em. (Japanese Ninja's)
Legs (Drift or Blurr)
Head - Undecided (custom ?)

Ninja's and Samurai have been associated with each other in many story lines
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #37
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

how's the project going?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #38
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
Well everyone Im back from a long break for personal reasons.

I really like the Beast Wars combiner idea. I had a few ideas on the combiner and I wanted to get some feedback.

I think a Canadian Beast Wars combiner with,

Polar Claw - Grizzly bear (body)
Airraptor - Canadian Goose (arm)
Snarl - Beaver (arm)
Bonecrusher - Bison (leg) or Cheetor - Cougar (leg)
Ramulus - Moose (leg)

Most of the bots above will need have a fair amount of work done to them to get them looking right.

CyberMnky, chans formers and myself will be on this project. I still have 2 open spots. Anyone who would like to be on this project just send me a PM.
I really like that idea, bud! I was thinking that Rattrap with a new head, feet and tail would make a good beaver, but Snarl is a brilliant idea!

If there's still a slot open for the project than put me down for a tentative yes. My bro has a Polar Claw that I may be able to coax from him (no promises). I've never worked on a full-fledged combiner before (though I do have one on the back burner) and would need to make sure that I wouldn't have many obligations to hold me back.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #39
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I really like that idea, bud! I was thinking that Rattrap with a new head, feet and tail would make a good beaver, but Snarl is a brilliant idea!

If there's still a slot open for the project than put me down for a tentative yes. My bro has a Polar Claw that I may be able to coax from him (no promises). I've never worked on a full-fledged combiner before (though I do have one on the back burner) and would need to make sure that I wouldn't have many obligations to hold me back.
Like I said in my PM to you Id love to have you on the project

No need to worry about the combination guys, I will be doing the combination and sending out the bots after I get it built just like I did on the SickKids combiner
Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
CyberMnky
Animated

Hey, we can make the beaver the waist and have it be a female combiner

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote