Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #11
JohnathanKong
Generation 2
Re: Anyone else break their MakeToys Axle?

I snapped my maketoys sonic drills leg off a while back. Since I bought it second hand from someone else I thought I was out of luck. Either way, I contacted a bunch of third party resellers including maketoys. Both chimungmung, I order a lot from them, and tfsource, never ordered from them before, offered replacement parts, but after a long wait (over a month) maketoys came through and sent me replacement knees. I was happy because for quantron it was impossible to replace just one figure, I'd have to replace all 5.

After they sent me the replacement part, they said next time only purchase from their resellers and it'll be much easier to get replacement parts. So as people have suggested, contact reseller first and if that fails, contact Maketoys.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I transformed it a second time today and broke the other side off. It now has no clutch and no brake, though I found this piece on the floor. The reseller I bought it from is a good friend of mine, I texted him yesterday but haven't heard back yet, I'm sure he'll do what he can. His source is TFSource.

Now that I have broken it twice on only 2 transformations, I'm seriously considering not getting the other 4 members and waiting for another company to do it. I transform my figures very often so a shelf piece wouldn't work for me.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #13
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

That sucks dude, sorry to hear that.
stick with the Has/tak versions with the upgrade sets if you want to play with them. i like transforming my figures too and some of these 3rd party figures don't hold up to regular playtime. I still buy them but I prefer to toy around with my Hastak stuff on the daily.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:04 AM   #14
BoNKerS
Animated

I transformed Axle last night and didn't have any clearance issues while transforming.

I had been able to move them out of the way from the start. I've now transformed it twice with clutch and brakes in place.

I really hope these comments do not sway peoples decision to purchase, as I really think this is a fantastic figure.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #15
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
I transformed Axle last night and didn't have any clearance issues while transforming.

I had been able to move them out of the way from the start. I've now transformed it twice with clutch and brakes in place.

I really hope these comments do not sway peoples decision to purchase, as I really think this is a fantastic figure.
I'm pretty rough with my figures because I view them as toys and I don't really feel like I should have to be super careful when playing with them. The first piece broke off because I was putting pressure on it with my finger to pull the windshield up. The second one broke because I moved the wheel and pushed the handlebars into the arm.

I have MakeToys Giant Type 61 and it is much more forgiving with playing with it. I'm hoping they're not moving into a line of delicate figures over toys you can give a kid to play with.

And I'm not saying they're doing anything wrong, I'm simply saying it may not be for me, we have to see what happens with the replacement.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #16
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Your way of transforming... is ... special... I never push on weak looking/small pieces of plastic because I expect that would be the place for the figure to break. A friend of mine broke most of the mirrors off his Alternators because he used to pull on them to get the doors open, then he'd complain about shitty quality... But I always told him he's just being dumb about what he chooses to pull on... It's like closing your car door using the latch instead of the handle, eventually that latch will break off because it's not meant for that kind of pressure applied.

3rd party Transformers aren't kids toys, that are drop tested like Hasbro stuff, treat them as such.

Hopefully you get a replacement piece(s), but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. Good luck.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #17
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

That's pretty weak plastic for what you seek.

Does the plastic feel crisp? Sounds too brittle to me.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to playing with toys. TFs need a higher level of durability due to it's playability. We complain about the rubber parts but it serves a really good purpose.

Poor thought in engineering. One thing designer don't think about are accidental breakage. Again that's just poor design and execution. Any other product with this level of dumb engineering would get burned at the stake. 3P supporters will defend this no matter what. That's a fandom thing rather than a logical one.

Also why is it okay for the etailer/3P company to eat the cost of broken parts people break but swapping or returning broken official toys back to the store is frowned upon?

Last edited by Buhawi; 10-13-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #18
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I'll answer it: cause there IS a problem and etailers/3P companies are prepared to eat the cost of returns in a very limited number.

These are kids toys but toys which are meant only to be displayed. You might as well buy hot toys which do not transform in that case but sadly all of us here love the 2-1 toy concept.

I would laugh hard the day 3P starts spewing out rubber parts to solve the issue and laugh even harder when the fandom hypocritically praise it.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #19
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Alternator side mirrors do come off easily however almost 99% of the time you can glue them back on. that's the beauty of it. I bet it's not coincidental either. Perhaps a weaker glue was used instead so it would pull off easier and at least not break, at least not completely. I'm sure other owners have ran into falling side mirrors even if you don't pull on them but again most have just glued them back on. That part of Alts/BTs were even advertised on the manual to pop off instead of breaking. I'm sure it's not just the musrhroom pegs.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

3rd party Transformers aren't kids' toys, most of the boxes even say 16years and up, and not suitable for children... So play with them as such.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote