Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
BoNKerS
Animated
Re: Mp-18 bluestreak what did you pay and where

The ones where you pay $90 is perfectly fine if you get the Launcher and coin.

I regret not having the launcher for Prowl and Streak.

Look at the prices for the launchers after the fact.
I'm in the boat where I'll need to wait for the launchers. Guess what? they will end up being $30-40. Add that to the great deal... it's not so great afterall.

The standard launchers which are attached to the cars are bleh... I love the masterpieces the only negative i have are the those launchers!!

Oh you also get the collectors coin... I love me some coins... some could care less I understand that. It is an added value to me as a collector.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
Msol
Titanium

Paid $90 at A3U, just got 2 launchers off eBay for $30 more. I think I need to look into this HLJ thing.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanInferno View Post
I didn't get Bluestreak, but I have preordered from A3U before, it really sucks to get your pre-order and turn around and see the exact same item on the shelf without the pick-up fee, but that's the risk you take to try and guarantee you getting your item. I haven't preordered with them since and probably won't again. So I'm with you WJO.
One thing of note though.. If you pre-order, the costs 79.99 plus tax plus the 3.00 handling fee. If you just go to the store, the in-store price is 89.99. So you pay less by pre-ordering.

I really don't get this hate-on for the handling fee. If you think about it, the item sits in their store taking up space. They have to keep track of what's lying around instead of just sending it off in the mail and not worrying. An employee has to take the time to set the item aside, label it, instead of doing other things like dealing with customers in the store.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Msol
Titanium

Yeah, the pickup fee makes sense. Otherwise the store looks like it did when MP-Soundwave showed and cluttered the whole place up. Or hell, when they got Fort Max in. It was hilarious.

I think I can survive the $3 fee.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

I paid nothing from TFSource (kinda). I had $400 in store credit, so I ordered the Datsuns and Wheeljack. Got Prowl, Streak is on his way.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

$76 from RK
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Paid $90 at A3U, just got 2 launchers off eBay for $30 more. I think I need to look into this HLJ thing.
I believe slayback had em with launcher and coin at your $90.

if anything msg him
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #28
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Got RK special package for Streak. Waiting for CAn Post to deliver, i got the Coin 2xlauncher with the package for 83USD had 45USD on credit with paypal so paid 40 bucks USD.
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #29
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

$68 cdn SHIPPED, with tracking from Ebay seller Luxurymalls
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #30
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
MP-17 from HLJ
$49.99 CDN + $9.58 shipping after exchange rate
Total: $59.57 Cdn

MP-18 from HLJ
$51.25 CDN after exchange rate. Not shipping yet

Also Wheeljack Off, you've been raising quite a bit of stink against A3U here. If you don't like them, just stop buying from them. Raising too much stink will get you banned here.
If I get banned for stating exactly what I paid for a transformer from 2 different stores than so be it. I would not want to be a part of a community where information was so controlled anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
One thing of note though.. If you pre-order, the costs 79.99 plus tax plus the 3.00 handling fee. If you just go to the store, the in-store price is 89.99. So you pay less by pre-ordering.

I really don't get this hate-on for the handling fee. If you think about it, the item sits in their store taking up space. They have to keep track of what's lying around instead of just sending it off in the mail and not worrying. An employee has to take the time to set the item aside, label it, instead of doing other things like dealing with customers in the store.
This is called stock.

Every retail store has it.

Your view would make sense if they weren't already set up as a retail store with stock on hand a necessity.
By your logic (and the 3 dollar customer appreciation fees logic), the customers in the store are somehow more important than those who preorder online (which by the way eliminates a lot of inventory risk for a3u
as well as allows them to buy more and get a better price/profit margin from the distributor)

I get great service at a3u, especially when an owner iOS present and I spend a lot of money there. I also do ops at an importer and have a pretty good idea of how an operation like a3u works.

Still, 40% more for an item and tacking on another 3 bucks plus tax is not going to encourage customer loyalty in any commodity or market.

In a lot of ways were lucky to have a3u but it would seem the feeling is not reciprocated.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 11-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote