Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
MightAsWell Go4ASoda
Re: Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!

i personal don't think it's worth it yet.
Getting there. It'd be WAY too hectic to get one durring christmas season. Jesus i remember how hard it was to find an N64. This must be 10 times as worse.

Lining up at 5am just doesn't work for me =P
Old 12-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Put a hold or a preorder or a deposit or whatever on one. Most stores are willing to do that, and then call you when they get one in. The system is old enough now that there shouldnt be any trouble.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
That's not a very nice thing to call your wife now is it LOL
Quote:
I noticed that too. TJ has probably been beaten to a pulp and is currently in intensive care and cannot edit the post. God speed with your recovery TJ!

good lord that was a bad error...glad that she doesn't read these things...lol.

maybe she does know...I said the 'safe word' like eight times last night but she wouldn't stop. My poor nipples...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
mitchmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
People are lining up at stores when they open in hopes they get some stock in. Most stores have signs on the front doors now saying "No Wiis in Stock" since they are getting hounded.

That said, I got one of these 350 from Futureshop on the 14th. Consolewatch didn't email me, I just happened to randomly check my FS-Wii bookmark (for the zillionth time) that afternoon. Bought one right in the middle of the madness - the 350 units lasted about 20min.

I didn't breathe a sigh of relief/happiness until today when I got the shipped email.

In the face of all the scalpers and such, I like to think my situation is one of the good Wii-find ones: My 5 year old son and 8 year old daughter LOVE Nintendo games. We are still getting a lot of fun from our Gamecube, but we are running out of good, family-friendly fare on it. They get me to do the playing and they just want to watch (and shout orders at me). We've beaten Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, and more. We were doing well on Metroid Prime when it started giving my son nightmares so we had to shelve that one. We are now working through Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

My son especially has become the biggest Mario fan in the world. He draws him, has little r/c cars of him, has a stuffed Mario, Luigi, and Wario that he sleeps with every night. He dresses up as Mario. He is Mario nuts.

And now, unknown to him, a Wii is on its way to be unwrapped x-mas morning along with a copy of Super Mario Galaxies. I had been telling them we couldn't really get a Wii this year because they are so hard to find. And god bless em they aren't acting spoiled or complaining about it, they understood.

My son, and daughter, are going to FREAK when they open it. I'm even surprising the wife with it since she has no clue I found one, and she loves playing the Wii as well (we once had a Wii party at our house with some friends who have one).
sounds awsome. i too recently got a wii, totally by accident from ebgames 2 weeks ago. i called and they had 6 left. so i picked it up with mario galaxy, metroid and harry potter.

its going to be a major surprize cuz ive lead everyone to belive that we wont get one until the summer
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #15
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmurphy View Post
sounds awsome. i too recently got a wii, totally by accident from ebgames 2 weeks ago. i called and they had 6 left. so i picked it up with mario galaxy, metroid and harry potter.

its going to be a major surprize cuz ive lead everyone to belive that we wont get one until the summer
I've done that a few times led my cousins or brothers or even my parents to believe I couldn't find something for them. It's a priceless moment when they open it up cause it's completely unexpected and what makes Christmas awesome.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

It arrived today! WOOOOOO!

I buzzed over to Walmart and got WiiPlay, a nunchuck controller, the Zapper w/Zelda Crossbow Training, and Super Mario Galaxies (which WalMart pricematched to Real Canadian Superstore's sale price of $39.99 this week).

All is now well hidden and my wife and kids have no suspicion of the x-mas surprise in store! Wooooo!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 AM   #17

i got mine the first day it came out. everyone gave me a hard time for doing so....now those same people are trying so hard to find one.
avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #18
Icetron

I got mine randomly one day, sometime in December last year when I went to Best Buy they JUST got them in after they told the campers they had none and they left or something. Pretty lucky for me. Too bad I haven't played much and I only own 4 games other than Wii Sports... (Wiiplay, Link's Crossbow Training, Zelda, and Mario Galaxy). 2 of those were mostly bought for the accessories. Still waiting for SSBB....
Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #19
MightAsWell Go4ASoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Still waiting for SSBB....
Precisely why i haven't gotten a wii yet. i'm waitng for that to arrive too. Damn delay's.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #20
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2

I wish I had one... looks fun !

Plugged into my projector, it'd really be something !
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote