Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #11
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: HasLab Unicron Crowdfunging Hits 2000 Backers!

I look at it this way. This Unicron looks absolutely amazing to me. Is it overpriced, I 100% think so, but keep in mind I also buy Hot Toys more than Hasbro stuff these days but I also think Hasbro in general is getting over-priced. Just look at the MP figures, or the Titan class and Jetfire. You cannot honestly tell me those aren't over-priced. So yes, I am in the camp that thinks Unicron should at least be 575 CAD and not 575 US.
That said, I talk to other people about Unicron and how great it looks and everyone thinks I should just buy it, not because of the price but because I clearly think it would be something special in my collection. I mean, I have some off beat things. If you have ever seen 3A's Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray, not small, especially Ray.
I haven't preordered it yet, still waiting on that promised Transformation video, but honestly, I probably will. My brother and his street are doing a garage sale and I plan on bringing a ton of loose figures to sell so that money, even if a couple hundred bucks or less, it will likely go to my Unicron fund.
I am also selling anything misb as well. Slowly going through stuff. I really need a good week off to catalogue and list.
So yeah, I agree that the price is well over what it should be, but this is also an opportunity to own a Unicron that isn't the Energon "meh" version.

I still have Primus and the Vader Deathstar...they would look pretty awesome, and tiny, next to Unicron.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #12
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Tfw sure loves sucking the plastic dong of our corporate overlords.
If that was the case they would not be reporting 3rd Party news.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

It can be two things.

Anyhoo. Tfw being a cheerleader for corporate pressreelases and success is nothing new. But I am in the camp that sees Unicron's funding model as distasteful; further, so is a fan site essentially acting as a pr wing for free. Hasbro doesn't need the help.

And the whole endgame thing is another example. Who the hell cares if it "wins". How is that fun? The movie was fun. Wheeeee more money for a vast conglomerate!

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #14
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I look at it this way. This Unicron looks absolutely amazing to me. Is it overpriced, I 100% think so, but keep in mind I also buy Hot Toys more than Hasbro stuff these days but I also think Hasbro in general is getting over-priced. Just look at the MP figures, or the Titan class and Jetfire. You cannot honestly tell me those aren't over-priced. So yes, I am in the camp that thinks Unicron should at least be 575 CAD and not 575 US.
That said, I talk to other people about Unicron and how great it looks and everyone thinks I should just buy it, not because of the price but because I clearly think it would be something special in my collection. I mean, I have some off beat things. If you have ever seen 3A's Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray, not small, especially Ray.
I haven't preordered it yet, still waiting on that promised Transformation video, but honestly, I probably will. My brother and his street are doing a garage sale and I plan on bringing a ton of loose figures to sell so that money, even if a couple hundred bucks or less, it will likely go to my Unicron fund.
I am also selling anything misb as well. Slowly going through stuff. I really need a good week off to catalogue and list.
So yeah, I agree that the price is well over what it should be, but this is also an opportunity to own a Unicron that isn't the Energon "meh" version.

I still have Primus and the Vader Deathstar...they would look pretty awesome, and tiny, next to Unicron.
Also all valid arguments. Maybe it depends on the sort of collector you are The size difference would crush me lol. I would need the scale right lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:15 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Sucks that MP-44 is also being released in August... I'll be poor like Kenny then.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote