Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: I am sick of the “hunt”...

Honestly, I grew tired of the hunt years ago. And for the most part, patience has paid off almost every time, because stuff tends to show up eventually. Over the last five years or so, I've only missed one figure because I didn't jump on the first sighting and that's Sky Lynx.

I think part of it is my collection is getting pretty big, and a part of me is in that been-there-done-that mode. After years and years of collecting, I know just because I can't get it now doesn't mean I can't get it later and for a good price. All it takes is for a newer and maybe better version of that character to come out, and suddenly, that hard to find figure is all over the place. Or, I just skip that old figure and just get the newer one.

I wonder how many people put up their Classics Sideswipe for sale once they saw the new Siege one?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #12
chuskers
Machine War

Yeah the useless hunts drove me out of the TF collecting as well. Thought I would try my hand and Marvel Legends till I also found that exhausting and mostly pointless. Still not sure why they include a BAF piece with the most popular characters that sell out instantly. - even the Amazon pre-orders proved to be useless in some cases. So I gave up hunting and went to LEGO - online store ALWAYS has stock on the set release date and haven't been let down yet LOL
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:21 AM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
Thought I would try my hand and Marvel Legends till I also found that exhausting and mostly pointless. LOL
I got to the point that I would rather not buy a single figure from an ML Wave if I couldnt find the set to complete the BAF. Like the recent Thanos Endgame one, Maw was no where to be seen but EASILY 3 sets were at TRU that day, just 3 of Maw with MIA. Without Maw you cant complete Thanos, so I said F*** it. It's just no longer worth the money or time collecting some of this stuff. I still can't find a Bumblebee Prime. Not interested in paying an inflated price for it either. I guess at the end of the day I am also just tired of the hunt. It's not as fun as it used to be. Maybe it is age sinking in, maybe it's really just such poor distribution making me think it's my age sinking in. I dunno. I seem to care less and less about Hasbro products these days.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:57 AM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I got to the point that I would rather not buy a single figure from an ML Wave if I couldnt find the set to complete the BAF. Like the recent Thanos Endgame one, Maw was no where to be seen but EASILY 3 sets were at TRU that day, just 3 of Maw with MIA. Without Maw you cant complete Thanos, so I said F*** it. It's just no longer worth the money or time collecting some of this stuff. I still can't find a Bumblebee Prime. Not interested in paying an inflated price for it either. I guess at the end of the day I am also just tired of the hunt. It's not as fun as it used to be. Maybe it is age sinking in, maybe it's really just such poor distribution making me think it's my age sinking in. I dunno. I seem to care less and less about Hasbro products these days.
For the BB Prime.. I bought it, found that he was amazing looking, but ended up returning it because of the many flaws it had (which others have had similar)... I only saw another but decided to pass...

He is a very nice looking figure, but I get the feeling that they will end up reusing the design and we'll get an improved version at some point, heck, maybe with trailer.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:16 AM   #15
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

WM.ca listed the W2 Deluxes sometime over the weekend (I last looked on Friday)... Ironhide is OOS now, but the other 3 are in-stock currently.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #16
neevnav
Masterpiece

I've said a couple of times I was going to move exclusively to online, with the time saved stopping at places being worth the extra money. But I still find myself just wanting to pop into a Walmart if I'm going by just to see if there's something new. It's that rush you get walking up to the shelf and seeing the figure you were hoping for, or something that hasn't been sighted before.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #17
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I agree with all that has been said, I know that in my area the walmart is crap and eb games is nothing about funko pop. I picked up Sixgun for a cheaper price with shipping from Amazon then walmart plus I save on gas and boot leather ordering online then running to the stores and having to deal with people who use stores as meeting places.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #18
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

The hunt can be frustrating, so I just make sure that any of my trips to the store are not ONLY to see if they have a new toy. Because then you get burnt out quick. I have several Walmarts close to my home or on my way to work so thats where I shop most for groceries. I just stop by to look at the toy aisle when I go in for something else.
As for TRU, some are next door to walmarts I shop at and I often go with my kids to spend a little time there. The kids like to play with the demo cars on hand and such so I check out the TF aisle then.
Like that, none of these are ever wasted trips and finding new TFs is a lucky bonus instead of a mission in and of itself.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #19
Slayback
Animated

Just as a thing... Seige Wave 2 has been horrible. A lot of shops in N.A have been waiting on a 2nd shipment - which did not appear. They had been ordered and were supposedly on a boat - when the boat arrived - there was no shipment. Distribution has blamed Hasbro. This isn't meant to get all your panties in a bunch..but just use this info when you're about to go all over the city looking for stuff and then get frustrated if you can't find it.

Walmart has some online and so does A3U -etc.

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/produc...ader-shockwave

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #20
DCompose
Robot Master

I've had these types of thoughts numerous times over the past 23 years of collecting. I just don't go looking as much, rely on the sightings boards and try to get some stuff online.