Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #51
jimsupreme
Generation 2
jimsupreme's Ebay Auctions
Re: Iron Man

yep, RDJ is indeed the only person that could play Tony Stark and the suprise after the end credits is totally worth the price of admission.

so, STAY AFTER THE CREDITS! ^_^
jimsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #52
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbot90210 View Post
So, Did anyone see the clip at the end of Ironman?
We all did.

BTW, watching the credits, there's a mention of a "First blood" poster. Is that the Rambo 1 poster??? If so, that'd be awesome, I need a reason to convince my Rambo-fan friend to go see Iron Man.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:41 AM   #53
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
Iron man! Iron Man!
Does whatever an Iron can!
Press a shirt - any size!
Helps your blood to ozidize!
Hey lookout! Here comes the Iron Man!
LOL
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #54
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
No its a different actor playing Frank Castle in Punisher 2. I think they were jerking around Thomas Jane too much on whether or not they would make it, kept changing filming dates, and he got sick of it and backed out. I for one am a little upset about it because I thought he did a great job playing Frank Castle but I'll see how the new guy does. Also CC do yourself a favour and rent the first one. I'm a huge punisher fan and I thought this origin story was MUCH better then the original comic one. The action is pretty good too (kinda grusome) Highly recommended :P
Sounds better than the Dolph Lundgren version... off to limewire I go

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 05-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #55
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Hmm, so it's good, and on top of CC's list of all those Marvel movies. You guys are convincing me!
I guess I'm a bit biased towards Super Heroes that are robotic in nature... sorry Spidey

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 05-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #56
Nightbeat

I liked the movie overall. Probably the strongest Marvel franchised movie since X2. I also find alot of the "nerdish" franchise movies are taking certain cues and elements from Transformers, which isn't a bad thing overall.

Quote:
No its a different actor playing Frank Castle in Punisher 2. I think they were jerking around Thomas Jane too much on whether or not they would make it, kept changing filming dates, and he got sick of it and backed out. I for one am a little upset about it because I thought he did a great job playing Frank Castle but I'll see how the new guy does. Also CC do yourself a favour and rent the first one. I'm a huge punisher fan and I thought this origin story was MUCH better then the original comic one. The action is pretty good too (kinda grusome) Highly recommended :P

I'm a huge Punisher fan and looking forward to this one as well, but Jane backing out disturbed me...

The real reason for it is the fact they could not agree on the character. Jane sees him as an unredeemable psychopath, where the makers of Warzone did not. The original scripts even have Castle falling in love and being a hero. Jane has always preferred the Garth Ennis version where he is not a hero, just a severely disturbed killing machine.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #57
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

The movie itself was extremely enjoyable, and definitely one of the best comic book movies to date.

With that said however, in my opinion what occurs after the credits kind of ruined things for not only me, but my girlfriend as well. Without giving to to much away, it was mainly in part due to the actor or actress....
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #58
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
The movie itself was extremely enjoyable, and definitely one of the best comic book movies to date.

With that said however, in my opinion what occurs after the credits kind of ruined things for not only me, but my girlfriend as well. Without giving to to much away, it was mainly in part due to the actor or actress....
hehe...to quote something..."he's in everything" ?! does that count as a spoiler ?!
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #59
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbeat View Post
I'm a huge Punisher fan and looking forward to this one as well, but Jane backing out disturbed me...

The real reason for it is the fact they could not agree on the character. Jane sees him as an unredeemable psychopath, where the makers of Warzone did not. The original scripts even have Castle falling in love and being a hero. Jane has always preferred the Garth Ennis version where he is not a hero, just a severely disturbed killing machine.
Well I agree with Jane on the fact that he shouldn't be getting a love interest, but in my eyes the Punisher isn't a psychopath, just a man with a mission to exact punishment on those who cause harm and damage in the world. Overall a great character, can't wait to see the next movie, heard its gonna be grusome

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #60
Nightbeat

Quote:
Well I agree with Jane on the fact that he shouldn't be getting a love interest, but in my eyes the Punisher isn't a psychopath, just a man with a mission to exact punishment on those who cause harm and damage in the world. Overall a great character, can't wait to see the next movie, heard its gonna be grusome
I'm hoping... sounds like you and me both will be there when it opens.

I did actually really like Jane as the Punisher too by the way.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote