Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
Nocturn
Previously Dead
WOW the prices people pay...

just linked to this amazon page for movie deluxe barricade, and scrolling tdown the page, deluxe/"voyager" blackout is going for 61.50--and mighty movie megs it at a modest 39.67

any more absurdities floating around?

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-81092-T.../dp/B000M69M6K
Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: WOW the prices people pay...

Just because thats the price it doesn't mean someone is paying for it. :P

You can put any price on what you want it only matters if someone pays for it.

That $60 Blackout will be there for a LONG time at that price.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Nightbeat

The line I usually use for transformers and anything else I collect is "its only worth whatever someone will pay for it" lol.

I don't think I've ever really overpaid for any transformers items.

*sigh* That being said, I just paid 4x the retail price to get the last Doctor Who figure I needed.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

A large-scale Canadian TF ebayer (with 'transformers' in his name) seems to pay an awful lot for a few G1 items. This seller (/buyer) confuses me as he pays $25-50 over what items' upper values are, and then sells (a different copy of) the same item for less as a seller. I'm pretty sure that he is buying as mint as possible boxes and figures to fill in his own collection and then selling off the not-as-good copy that he had previously had.

For those large-scale transformers sellers on ebay I always assume they are only looking to buy very low and sell high but this guy seems like a funny mix. He definately pays some high prices on items that he wants though, to ensure he gets them I guess, oh and he always bids only in the last 10 seconds (no sign of his involvement in an auction in the bidding), so watch out.

Last edited by Paradigm-Shift Prime; 11-17-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
-KG-
Kranix

Your logic makes sense when it comes to this buyer/seller. When your looking for something rare your really want, or something of high quality that's hard to come by it makes perfect sense to bid high to make sure you get it. If you want something that bad it makes sense to overbid. If it holds that much value to you, then you're willing to pay for it. You never know when something like that will pop up again. Then again you have to have the money to do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
A large-scale Canadian TF ebayer (with 'transformers' in his name) seems to pay an awful lot for a few G1 items. This seller (/buyer) confuses me as he pays $25-50 over what items' upper values are, and then sells (a different copy of) the same item for less as a seller. I'm pretty sure that he is buying as mint as possible boxes and figures to fill in his own collection and then selling off the not-as-good copy that he had previously had.

For those large-scale transformers sellers on ebay I always assume they are only looking to buy very low and sell high but this guy seems like a funny mix. He definately pays some high prices on items that he wants though, to ensure he gets them I guess, oh and he always bids only in the last 10 seconds (no sign of his involvement in an auction in the bidding), so watch out.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote