Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Waspinator is cool!

Yep, he's cool. Now, I only picked him up due to cool factor and the hype I read on the boards (I've never watched Beast Wars...to me, this wasp fits in with my Insecticons )

I'm also happy to see more new stock in my local Walmart. I picked him up with the intent for trade material in the future, but he's so cool I just might keep him for myself I also almost pulled the trigger on a Rhinox (also very cool looking!) but decided against it. I've heard of some QC issues with them (and Waspinator, to a degree) but for the 16 bucks I paid for him, I'm ok with it.

And I'm pretty sure I'll never see another Waspinator on our shelves again (much like Kickback a month or so ago), so I grabbed him while I could with a smile.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
Wheeltron
Maximal
Re: Waspinator is cool!

That's awesome. I am a big Beast Wars fan and I just finished my exams, so I've been telling myself I'll treat myself to Waspinator when I go home (sister told it was there recently, fingers crossed).

As a way of keeping collecting cost effective I'm probably just going to work on finding Waspinator, Rhinox, then Rattrap, before I worry about anything else. Because a few weeks ago all indie was think about Masterpieces I can't afford right now.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Gen waspinator and rhinox are fantastic toys. Other than slightly loose hips on my rhinos mine are great quality.

They fit into my beast wars shelf while at the same time blowing the old toys out of the water in many ways. Especially the earliest bw waves. I do like the original waspinator mold but the original rhinox toy is crap. Nice to see after the mediocrity of the first attempted bw chugs a few years back, too. Dinobot was alright, cheetor was terrible. The new ones are huge leaps forward.

Hoping rattrap is not "it" for chug bw toys. We have never gotten a good blackarachnia toy from this era. A terrorsaur figure, voyager dinobot, or a more specific tigatron figure would be great as well...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Alucard77
Generation 1

I am not a BW fans at all, but I realized a long time ago that I can enjoy the toy without the fiction.

So when these guys came out, I jumped on them.

Waspinator is indeed super good. Probably the best in that wave.

Rhinox on the other hand is, frustrating. His design is amazing. But you better get out the Future floor polish if you really want to enjoy him.

I don't know if it is cause I got him super early, and maybe a V1 or something, but everything below his waist was super lose.

After futuring him up, he really is a damn fine toy. Just wish I didn't need to take a couple of days to get him right. BUt I would recommend him.
Alucard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Rhinox is a great figure mine had loos hips until I folded his crotch plate up and into the right position it holds just fine now I need to find me a waspy and skids I have Rattrap on pre-order as well as crosscut and the Vehicon dude as I will not miss out on rattrap like i did on waspy. I can't seem to find one anywhere possibly when I go to 80's expo I will have to pay mark up from scalpers but whatever ..... maybe I will get lucky and find one on the shelves in the GTA as there is never any in KW Brantford or London when I go and woodstock is a waste they only put out BH and 1st wave of 2014 gens I am so sick of seeing trailbreaker and Thundercracker it is not funny
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Waspinator is indeed cool! I never got into the Beast Wars series, but these Generations BW figures are fantastic so far. I'm going to end up buying them all.

Is it too much to hope for an updated Battle Unicorn?
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Nullray
IGC

I was able to check out a buddy of mine BW collection last night for the first time. He put them all out on display and I gotta say. They are pretty cool. I can why he likes them. His Dragon Megatron looked very cool
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

As much as I don't like BW series.

I tend to agree.

Transformation on both toys you mentioned are awesome.

I'm having a hard time avoiding them at the moment.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Rhinox is cool, but for someone who had a really clean design in the show (not to mention who's supposed to be built tough), the toy's tiny joints really threw me off. Like, I understand why its like that & I still think he's great engineering wise, but something about the shoulder & knee joints being a small as they are rubs me the wrong way, and so does the fact that nothing hides the green parts on his arms in alt mode.

Waspinator on the other hand is pure win to me, especially in the Takara's colour scheme. Not only is is scary accurate in terms to moldings & proportions, but I don't think the bug mode suffers all that much. Also if you haven't already done this, let some light pass through his wings, and tell me that's not fuggin cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
zfarsh
Armada

Waspinator Superior, Rhinox Inferior.

Definitely recommend Wasp!!!
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote