Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #21
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Toy Fair 2017 Titans Return / Generations showroom images

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
That is most unfortunate. I guess I will have to buy the sets and ditch the figures I don't want but I honestly hope you are wrong

I hope I am wrong too. In the Speed set, I would be down for Quickswitch and Fastlane. But titan master Rodimus Prime, Laser Prime and Nautica are easy passes. I know Nautica has a rabid fan base, I assume from IDW, but I have no connection to the character in the slightest. I can't justify 150, plus tax, for, essentially 2 figures. People say sell what you don't want. You would likely get a Nautica buyer, but I bet the Rodimus and that terrible looking Laser Prime would rot in your toy bin lol.
Then we have the BBTS set, which will be more expensive again. And from that a titan master Thunder wing...I mean....why? Then Tidal Wave, that really looks nothing like him, so again, might or might not be able to resell it. Admittedly, Ginrai, or Magnus Prime if you will, looks cool, as does Metalhawk from Triggerhappy, and Pounce. But all in all, that set will likely be well over 200 bucks.
Can anyone explain the financial sense of this to me? I must be missing it. Especially considering we will likely get at least 2 more boxsets of that same price point to cover Godbomber, Cloudraker and Wingspan. BOOM! Better part of a 700 dollars for a total of about 8 or 9 worthwhile figures.
Maybe if the boxsets made sense I could dig it. Like put a set with Ginrai and Godbomber out and then do a four pack with both sets of clones in it. That at least would make sense to me and I would likely be able to justify the purchase. I dunno about you guys, but boxsets largely rotted on shelves here. Our TRU STILL has the planet of funk clash and like 6 Victorions. Not to mention I have seen a G2 Bruticus and one Computron gathering dust elsewhere.

Last edited by GotBot; 02-19-2017 at 09:14 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
TRUCKvsGUN

Yeah, the minor price difference between one of these sets and Tak PMOP may still be worth it.

Also, if this is a BBTS eclusive, that's good, cause normally their exclusives are co-exclusives with TRU and the like, which means the big guy will eventually put it on sale.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #23
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

I live in rural Newfoundland. I have to get the boxsets online regardless of who is selling them. So it helps that the only thing in them I'm a little meh on is the use of "Ginrai", since I already have PMOP. Might feel different if they announce another set with God Bomber in it. He's about Leader class sized as well, so he would fit.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #24
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you guys, but apparently John Warden has said the clones are their own size class, Cloudraker and Wingspan are planned, but none will be individually released. They will all be exclusive to boxsets. Furthermore, the PMOP Takara Prime AKA Magnus Prime is boxset exclusive and rumor is Godbomber will be, you guessed it, in a boxset and, as we all know here in Canada, they are insanely overpriced. Toy Fair this year has easily been 98 percent disappointment and disgust. Only bright spots I can honestly see is move Megs, Twin Twist, Seaspray, Windblade, MAYBE Octane, yes, Octane, lol, Barracuda and, of course, Trypticon. I sincerely feel like anything else new that was revealed is either a complete waste of plastic that could have saved us consumers money, or sneaky selling techniques meant to gouge us. I am always excited for Toy Fair, but unless I get some very pleasant surprises, outside of Trypticon this could be a very, very easy year on the Ole wallet. Glass half full. Also, I had hoped Blitzwing would look passable, and while the plane mode looks great, everything else about him and every other mode screams hodge podge disaster that looks virtually nothing like the character. I'm sorry for venting folks, but Toy Fair has been THAT disappointing to me.
Man, sorry this was a let down for you. I know a lot of people were looking forward to it and some big reveals. I personally like it all except for Nautica. She just doesn't look right ton me.

I was genuinely shocked to see that Hasbro changed up the set with Prime, Tidal Wave, and Pounce. The box art for the original set looked really cool, but I'm happy we are getting Metal Hawk. He was one for he characters I thought would make a good reuse of the Triggerhappy mold. (Although, I really would have liked them to change the barrels to something else, but the paint job is superb if nothing else)
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I'll probably sell Quickswitch and Tidal Wave.

Tidal Wave (sadly one of the only real disappointments for me)
Lol if you end up with a spare keep me in mind, it's the only one out of the box I want
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #26
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Aww man... Nautica is WAY too angular :/ I'll get her if she's released individually I guess...

Are they re-releasing Legends Cosmos?!

Last edited by Undrave; 02-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #27
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Aww man... Nautica is WAY too angular :/ I'll get her if she's released individually I guess...

Are they re-releasing Legends Cosmos?!
I'm not saying they WON'T, but looking at previous years of box set exclusives, i don't know if I'd get my hopes for individual releases of any of the box set exclusives. =\

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #28
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
I live in rural Newfoundland. I have to get the boxsets online regardless of who is selling them. So it helps that the only thing in them I'm a little meh on is the use of "Ginrai", since I already have PMOP. Might feel different if they announce another set with God Bomber in it. He's about Leader class sized as well, so he would fit.
I totally feel your pain man. This is when living on the island becomes harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Man, sorry this was a let down for you. I know a lot of people were looking forward to it and some big reveals. I personally like it all except for Nautica. She just doesn't look right ton me.

I was genuinely shocked to see that Hasbro changed up the set with Prime, Tidal Wave, and Pounce. The box art for the original set looked really cool, but I'm happy we are getting Metal Hawk. He was one for he characters I thought would make a good reuse of the Triggerhappy mold. (Although, I really would have liked them to change the barrels to something else, but the paint job is superb if nothing else)
Believe me, I am sad to be "that guy" complaining, but I can't help it here. My rule is to avoid figures I have no connection to or just plain no spot in my collection for them. Hence how I largely avoid doubles. Anything Laser Prime looks ridiculous, always has and always will. So, he's out. Tidal Wave doesn't remind me of the character in the least, so he's out. Titan master Thunder wing and Rodimus is just silly. So, they're out. I don't even know who Nautica is, so she's out. If I had this Magnus Prime then what do I do with PMOP? So then PMOP would be out. That leaves Pounce, Metalhawk, Ginrai, Quickswitch and Fastlane for 300 plus tax and on some, most likely, shipping and customs. We are talking about 450 or so for five figures, two a little bigger than legends, one deluxe and two leaders. That math should be more of about 190 to 200. That is literally a waste of about 250 bucks for nothing. The figures look terrific. I love them, but the distaste comes from bad math and figures of no interest being forced. Sigh, I dunno, maybe a YouTube giveaway for the two titan masters, Nautica, Laser Prime, Tidal Wave and my PMOP Optimus? That would be six figures, seven if you count Apex. Would that be any good? Would anyone be down for that?
I want to be excited like everyone else, but just finding it hard, especially where John Warden reportedly stated this stuff was boxset exclusive.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:23 AM   #29
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

just when I thought I could take a break from toy collecting

but in all fairness I'll be grabbing that 5 pack IF it comes to Canada
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #30
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

[QUOTE=GotBot;723035]I totally feel your pain man. This is when living on the island becomes harsh.

Problem being, most agree with you, some of the figures are really smart looking, but worth the set? For the new PMOP, he just has a different chest and is shiny??
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote