Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #21
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: New Combiner Wars Series Clip...OMG!

It looks good, but not great.

This just makes.me dislike Windblade even more. Supposedly, combiners have wrecked a whole planet. Obviously, Menasor is a big bad combiner who is responsible for an untold amount of it. They are painted as unstoppable, yet Windblade can take out Menasor on her own? Okay, so here and briefly a Windblade repaint. Makes me call shenanigans on the whole thing before it gets off the ground. Enough is out there to price together the general idea of the story, and it's not really pulling me in.

I'll give it a shot, but all I mentioned above PLUS getting dickered on being able to watch it when it comes out leaves me less than interested.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:09 AM   #22
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I kinda thought it was cool and liked Wingblade as a rouge warrior out for justice.

Not sure I get the whole Combiner = overlord angle, but perhaps the Menesor is the catalyst for this issue and the Autobots need to develop their own to thwart him.

I also liked the music...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:29 AM   #23
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

So I get a little less stoked with each viewing of the trailer... especially as I pay closer attention to the voices. It *is* rather unfortunate that a supposed legit collaboration with Hasbro Studios couldn't have used Mr. Cullen, Mr. Welker or Mr. Blum. Budget issue, I suppose. I just can't take the "Honest Trailers" dude seriously as a narrator... though his take on Prime is surprisingly... kinda... passable...?

Really excited about Rodimus being worked into the story... to sell the Legends-class toy, I guess? The animation model looks a lot more faithful to the Sunbow look than the toy, in any case.

Windblade seems to be acting more like IDW Arcee than herself. Not necessarily a complaint-- I tend to find IDW Windblade to be diplomatic to the point of tedium... and I feel less like making the female character the murderous vigilante is still kinda progressive, even these days...

Pretty happy with Starscream, too. Love that "genocide" line, though it would have sounded twenty times better comin' outta Steve Blum...
@Jonny5IsUndead
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #24
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

That looked pretty terrible, the animation looks like the crappy 10 fps CG that they use in anime.

Also why didn't they hire real voice actors, using YouTube "talent" makes it sound crazy cringey.

Last edited by funkmasterke; 07-22-2016 at 02:19 PM.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #25
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Wow. This turned out better than I expected. What I don't get is why Hasbro didn't partner up with a bigger animation studio and develop a proper season/series for TV. It could've been airing weekly while the Combiner Wars figures were still in stores. That whole toy promotion synergy.
It comes down to profits in the end. If Hasbro had worked with a bigger studio, that studio may have demanded for more of the profit margin from ads or said ads would've raised the cost of the project more than they wanted to budget for considering it's only supposed to be about 8 episodes long (I think that's what I read somewhere at some point at least). Bottom line, Hasbro wanted to get this done for as cheap as they could given they weren't investing too much time into this anyway.

That said, Machinima's newer exclusivity deal with Go90 is the real problem at work here. If you guys haven't realized it yet, as nice as that clip is, the app doesn't stream outside of the US.

Back in April, there was news suggesting it might get broadcasted internationally but that announcement wouldn't be made until the summer.

Well, summer is here and the only very brief mention of international broadcasting was at yesterday's SDCC panel but they only add that UK residents will be able to watch it on Vimeo or YouTube. Which probably means those us of north of the border and everywhere else that isn't US or UK got screwed over.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #26
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNdblu View Post
Looks like it'll be streamed from an online service called Go90, which appears to be US only.

Turned on my VPN and set it to US and the site loaded up tho.
The site may load because the app is free, but the content is region coded. If you want to test it, try pulling up Street Fighter: Resurrection. That was another Go90 exclusive that still hasn't been available for viewing through other means. It got released back in March and I have still not seen someone else rip it somehow to be re-uploaded to YT nor have I seen a torrent for it or any other way to get it. If you can watch that with your VPN enabled, then it's a good sign you'll be able to watch Combiner Wars too, but I have a lot of doubts about it. Fuck Go90

Last edited by Chigimus; 07-22-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #27
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I'm just glad we are getting some new media based on G1 characters and this looks way better than the new Ghostbusters film, but that may not be saying much Seriously we are pretty lucky to get this and also a new episode of He-man... I didn't see that one coming, sure is great to hear Alan O reprise Skeletor.

Back OT, I personally like the starscream promo, I really dig the guitar rift in the background and the laid-back nature of the narration... very cool vibe.

I guess I will have something to say after I've actually sat down and watched this to its entirety.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #28
timcrook
Cybertron

I don't get why Hasbro wants the cartoon to be exclusive and not let everyone see it. Hasbro knows it is a form of advertising.

All toy companies know this, here is an article talking about how cartons are advertising for toys since the 80s ... http://www.awn.com/animationworld/dr...-optimus-prime
Old 07-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #29
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Thr animation is good but those voice overs are pretty bad, prime is the honest trailer guy. Not too impressed so far, I guess we'll see in Oct.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #30
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Info on the voice cast and some character spoilers, I guess?

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailer...r-wars-trailer
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote