Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #31
exoskeleton
Re: so i finally saw animated...

i always liked prowl as a kid, and i think it kinda kills me inside to see one of my childhood favorites portayed differently... (boo hoo)

OR MY ELECTRONIC MUSIC

exoskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #32
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
If you don't like these things because you think it doesn't work for the show, that's cool.

If you don't like these things just because the show is different from previous versions (i.e. Prowl is a bike) then I offer you a very sarcastic, "OH NOES!!1"
lol well said

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #33
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
i always liked prowl as a kid, and i think it kinda kills me inside to see one of my childhood favorites portayed differently... (boo hoo)
Which is understandable but interesting because, by nature, Transformers is about change. Robots change into other forms. Robots change into new robots (in the case of gestalts or through upgrades like Orion Pax to Prime, Megatron to Galvatron, or Optimus Primal to Optimal Optimus). Robots adopt new forms.

Given that Transformers is about the power and allure of change and transformation, it is ironic that many fans are upset when faced with different interpretations or versions of characters they love, especially when it is not even the same character from a continuity family but a new continuity/universe incarnation.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #34
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
g1 prowl was my first tf, and one of my favorites, at first i was not impressed either. but i warmed up to this one too lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #35
Pascal
Banned

Have you noticed how Prowl is the only Animated character with the wrong colors? All the other figures have logical or G1-ish decos. Prowl should have been black and white imo.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-23-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #36
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Have you noticed how Prowl is the only Animated with the wrong colors? All the other figures have logical or G1-ish decos. Prowl should have been black and white imo.
While they definitely re-imagined Prowl from the ground up, I think Starscream also could have benefitted from maintaining his original color scheme like everyone else... especially after seeing how cool his G1 colored clone looked. I mean, they kept him as a jet and found a voice actor to mimic Latta's original version as close as possible, so they should have just went all the way with it and left the blue coloring for a Thundercracker repaint.

IMO.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #37
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Have you noticed how Prowl is the only Animated character with the wrong colors? All the other figures have logical or G1-ish decos. Prowl should have been black and white imo.
No, I really don't think he should have. His Black/gold coloursceme is much more visually appealing for his design and just adds to his ninja look.

I agree with Magnimus. There's a fine line between saying something's bad because it's not good, and saying something's bad because you alone think it's not good.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 07-24-2008 at 12:19 AM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #38
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
There's a fine line between saying something's bad because it's not good, and saying something's bad because you alone think it's not good.
I don't think anyone saying something is bad because they don't personally like it is any different at all than how often people regularly say this or that rules because they personally think so, and very often state it as supposed fact.

People just need to remember to add things like "imo", "I think...", etc. to their posts as often as possible. It'll save everyone the possibility of pointless debates, and maybe even make some members look far less like elitist know-it-alls, whether they're praising OR bashing something.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #39
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
No, I really don't think he should have. His Black/gold coloursceme is much more visually appealing for his design and just adds to his ninja look.

I agree with Magnimus. There's a fine line between saying something's bad because it's not good, and saying something's bad because you alone think it's not good.
Never said it was bad.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-24-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #40
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Never said it was bad.
I wasn't talking to you on that part. That sectioned bit was just a "general" statement. Sorry for confusing.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote