Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 02-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #311
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions
Re: Repair Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax52 View Post
Was able to get my floor polish at Canadian tire few years ago was hard to find but works wonders
same for me, got it @ crappy tires and I can use it for my hobby and polishing my floor tiles....NEAT stuff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Can you find that at dollar stores?
you can try but I doubt....
Old 04-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #312
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

So my CW Dragstrip, one of his legs likes to collapse a little too easily. He can stand just fine on his own, but the slightest bit of pressure causes his leg to retract. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any ideas how I could easily fix this? Maybe tighten some screws or put some super glue in the inner workings to thicken them up and increase their resistance?

Also, my CW Firefly's waist is really loose too. I'm a little concerned that once I have him combined, if he's an arm, he'll just end up swinging down at the bicep. Any ideas on that would be great too.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #313
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
So my CW Dragstrip, one of his legs likes to collapse a little too easily. He can stand just fine on his own, but the slightest bit of pressure causes his leg to retract. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any ideas how I could easily fix this? Maybe tighten some screws or put some super glue in the inner workings to thicken them up and increase their resistance?

Also, my CW Firefly's waist is really loose too. I'm a little concerned that once I have him combined, if he's an arm, he'll just end up swinging down at the bicep. Any ideas on that would be great too.
First off can you return it? and get another?

Don't have DS but when you pull out the legs does it have a postive lock. I would take the back of the lower leg panel off (2 screws right?) and see how it's suppose to lock. could be missing a bit of plastic or bad mold pour.

Once you have it apart you might see the problem easier and be able to fix it.

That's all I can offer

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:22 AM   #314
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

Hey guys I was wondering if you could tell me how best to touch-up some silver paint defects and scratches on some of the newer Combiner Wars figures such as Megatron and Scrapper and Bonecrusher(he has the paint scraped off part of the side of his head)? Would a silver Sharpie marker blend in with the original paint or should I use a model paint? Any advice you could give would be very much appreciated =)
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #315
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMetalMonkey View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if you could tell me how best to touch-up some silver paint defects and scratches on some of the newer Combiner Wars figures such as Megatron and Scrapper and Bonecrusher(he has the paint scraped off part of the side of his head)? Would a silver Sharpie marker blend in with the original paint or should I use a model paint? Any advice you could give would be very much appreciated =)
You can try a sharpie, don't know how it would match?. But what ever you touch it up with you will still see the scaratch somewhat.

You will need to try all the colors on a piece of scrap plastic to see which one looks the closest.

For a better fix, megs I might sand down and repaint the whole head and clearcoat it,if it really bothers you.
I wouldn't do this unless your really comfortable doing it though.

Feedback

Collection
Old 11-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #316
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I am having a hard time with RTS Jazz's head, can't seem to make his head and chest stand still.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #317
BluMetalMonkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
You can try a sharpie, don't know how it would match?. But what ever you touch it up with you will still see the scaratch somewhat.

You will need to try all the colors on a piece of scrap plastic to see which one looks the closest.

For a better fix, megs I might sand down and repaint the whole head and clearcoat it,if it really bothers you.
I wouldn't do this unless your really comfortable doing it though.
Thanks for the advice =) After looking at a silver sharpie and some model paints, I decided to leave it. Call it battle damage :P
BluMetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #318
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I have a little issue, I purchased the complete set of the Seekers Elite (Coneheads), and as I was transforming Ramjet, I snapped his little wing panels on his side, not the big ones on his ankles. So what's the best solution? Is Super Glue from the Dollar Store the same thing as Crazy Glue from Canadian Tire, Home Depot etc??? Is there another solution besides glue?

As you can see, it's the little red ones on his back

Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #319
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Advice??
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #320
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Do not have that figure so Idon't know how it is attached.

Below is some general fixing advise

Super glues fine, as long as your not going to put stress on that piece again, or transform it.

If so you might need to internally reinforce it with a pin/s in a drilled hole

Feedback

Collection