Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #31
anemis
Robot in Disguise
Re: haslab unicron

be patient... a KO version will defenitly be available at some point
anemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #32
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemis View Post
be patient... a KO version will defenitly be available at some point
The question will be whether or not the inevitable KO will be priced low enough for people to want to buy.

It seems the prevailing price point for those who won't buy is under $300. Seeing what some third party companies have offered (Wei Jiang) it is doable. However something this size and complexity may not be offered for as little as sub-$300. Especially if it is a quality KO of similar size.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #33
Pascal
Banned

Pgianos is hard at work flashing his Internet muhney. lol
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #34
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Pgianos is hard at work flashing his Internet muhney. lol
I’m waiting for his reply to my comment regarding his “gulp of fear” on the price tag.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #35
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

To be honest I’d rather stick with my preorders of 2 DX Chogokin Macross VF-1, SoC “Vehicle Voltron”, etc. Those I know will be of high quality and worth my dough. As well designed as it is, this is still mainline Siege quality. And it is not really that huge, really. Someone mentioned Hot Toys... yes, I’d rather spend it on those. And this is coming from a long time TF fans. Hey! With that amount I can get a ToyWorld Constructor/Devastator!

And they wanted the full amount in a month and a half for a figure that won’t be out in a year and a half?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 07-16-2019 at 12:00 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I think this is Hasbro price-gouging again. For us to back this thing in Canada, it would cost us $752 each (before shipping)! I doubt it's going to be that high quality, it looks to be pretty much all plastic like everything else in the Seige line. If this thing was made by Fanstoys or was an MP Unicron, maybe that price could be justified. I'm just unsure about this because we haven't had much promotions or hands-on with the figure yet. Regardless, that price is really steep.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #37
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Could afford it I wanted to. Choosing not to... $905 for one figure? Which is marginally bigger than the $230 Fort Max? Hasbro knows they've got us by the short hairs for a movie-accurate Unicron.

And the crowdfunding... They're a huge corporation, not some indie dev 3d printing in their garage. They have the capital to finance this themselves, but would rather take your money now for a figure they're not even releasing for two years...
Totally agree with you bro. They know that their fanbase will do anything for their product, and now they're taking advantage of it. As you said, it's barely bigger than an already released figured that sold for $230, and now they're asking for more than triple that amount for Unicron. I think if people step back and let this one fail, Hasbro will somehow find a way to release it without crowdfunding for cheaper.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #38
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

To be somewhat fair to Hasbro, Unicron will be three times the weight of Fort Max, and presumably has more features and poseability. It's also a far more limited release. A corporation using crowdfunding is still questionable, though.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #39
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Totally agree with you bro. They know that their fanbase will do anything for their product, and now they're taking advantage of it. As you said, it's barely bigger than an already released figured that sold for $230, and now they're asking for more than triple that amount for Unicron. I think if people step back and let this one fail, Hasbro will somehow find a way to release it without crowdfunding for cheaper.
Barely bigger... lol. It's like 3 times the weight.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #40
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The question will be whether or not the inevitable KO will be priced low enough for people to want to buy.

It seems the prevailing price point for those who won't buy is under $300. Seeing what some third party companies have offered (Wei Jiang) it is doable. However something this size and complexity may not be offered for as little as sub-$300. Especially if it is a quality KO of similar size.
They did Omega Supreme for like $300, so I could see it happening. Also, IMHO, complex does not always mean better, so maybe something similar in size and less complex would more appealing overall product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
To be somewhat fair to Hasbro, Unicron will be three times the weight of Fort Max, and presumably has more features and poseability. It's also a far more limited release. A corporation using crowdfunding is still questionable, though.
I wish I could be so hopeful, but the cynic in me says they'll do the minimum they can get away with, and that minimum does not involve three times the amount of materials as Fort Max.