Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #31
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: Tru flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I checked this morning Trippy is only 10% with the sale ~$206.
I predicted 5% and I wasn't off by much. No chance that TRU will take 20-30% off a new toy that is selling very well.

TRU did the same thing with their Marvel Legends last week, all the recent releases were 10% off too while the older releases were in the 20-30% range.

Never fall for the 'up to' sales pitch...
Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #32
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Called TRU:
Trypticon $207
Infernicus set $39.97
Siege of Cybertron $137 (couldn't make her out to well)
Do you guys know, if you already have a receipt with coupon used, will they give you the 10% sale price this week for Tryp and SoC set, and apply the 10% Hasbro coupon on top of that and adjust the invoice with the sale AND coupon?

For the chap who got 25% off, what did they do exactly, just take 10% off the Minus 20$ coupon?

Thanks!
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #33
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Called TRU:
Trypticon $207
Infernicus set $39.97
Siege of Cybertron $137 (couldn't make her out to well)
Seige of Cybertron is $134.97

So 10% off like Trypticon.

What sucks is that Trypticon and the Seige set do not register for the coupons. And thats regardless of the sale (since the 10% off coupon should still work with a sale).

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 08-18-2017 at 11:24 AM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #34
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Although you got a great deal I think stuff like this should remain in PM and not posted.

We run into the issue where someone else tried the exact same thing and says well this guy done it... and shows the website etc...

Stuff like this makes it way up to management/head office and in turn there will be more system restrictions on coupons and raincheck etc....
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #35
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Although you got a great deal I think stuff like this should remain in PM and not posted.

We run into the issue where someone else tried the exact same thing and says well this guy done it... and shows the website etc...

Stuff like this makes it way up to management/head office and in turn there will be more system restrictions on coupons and raincheck etc....
Ok, I will gladly alter my board post then.

Thanks for being so level headed when talking to me, I really appreciate it It all makese sense
Old 08-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #36
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

I was able to price match TRU's prices at Walmart today. Many TRUs I visit have walmarts next to them so I usually shop at both to see if some toys are there. Well I bought some RID Warrior toys on sale today but TRU did not have many (I neede multiples of the same figures for American friends who are worried the US is skipping some waves) so I went to walmart. I had the fyler with me as well as my receipt from TRU which showed the specific price I paid for them. I showed my receipt and asked at walmart if it would work and it did. I showed them the flyer, my receipt with the price of purchase and today's date and they price matched for the other RID warriors.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #37
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I was able to price match TRU's prices at Walmart today. Many TRUs I visit have walmarts next to them so I usually shop at both to see if some toys are there. Well I bought some RID Warrior toys on sale today but TRU did not have many (I neede multiples of the same figures for American friends who are worried the US is skipping some waves) so I went to walmart. I had the fyler with me as well as my receipt from TRU which showed the specific price I paid for them. I showed my receipt and asked at walmart if it would work and it did. I showed them the flyer, my receipt with the price of purchase and today's date and they price matched for the other RID warriors.
im going later today hopefully to pm overlord
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #38
Pascal
Banned

Bought 3x wave 2 TLK deluxes + 1 turbo changer + 1 knight armor from WM in June, so I bought them all again from TRU today (on sale + 10%) and returned them unopened to WM with my receipts, got something like $57 back. Still need to find the receipt for my 3 Legion class figures. I was hoping TRU would have Ultrabee to get the difference back for this one as well (maybe another $10), but they didn't.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:07 AM   #39
pandaprime
aficionado!

up to 30% off sale ended tonight

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #40
Crobot91
Metroplex

The mix and match coupons now work for TR Trypticon.

I had no problem applying the discount when returning x1 Trypticon and x2 MP Optimus Primes and buying them again together with the coupon. The coupon scanned without problem and I got the Trypticon for free.