Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #111
laffy
Crossover
Re: Biggest letdown of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Hey Laffy, I'd like to say sorry for my part in your disappointment.

After the first few posts in this thread, I could see where this thread was headed. That's why I posted that picture of Emperor Palpatine. It was my not so subtle attempt to steer things towards constructive criticism.

But obviously that didn't work. So, again, I'm sincerely sorry.
omg no need for this its not my group or my post I just was asking if others feel the same way, some do and many don't its fine ... everyone has such strong feelings and some way some how we all need to work with each other than trying to rip others heads offs as seen in many posts lately...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #112
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
omg no need for this its not my group or my post I just was asking if others feel the same way, some do and many don't its fine ... everyone has such strong feelings and some way some how we all need to work with each other than trying to rip others heads offs as seen in many posts lately...
Instead of answering your question about the biggest letdown of the year, and to answer your question about Tracks. It is a letdown for me, but I was already expected that. Why? Because he isn't good enough with all those holes from different angles. As for Ironhide or Ratchet as someone has mentioned earlier, I think they are also a little bit of a letdown, especially when I see a big hole or gap from the side of the figure between the chest and waist when it is in bot mode, which makes it awkward. However, there is no other better options out there but to accept the fact that is how Takara is going to make them(once again cheap out on their "Masterpiece"). I don't see another better representation of G1 Ironhide/Ratchet other than this one for now.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 11-14-2015 at 04:22 PM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #113
Msol
Titanium

I just want to add that MP-1 and MP-5 are pretty shite since MP-10 onwards. Those two sit in their boxes, and I should probably just sell them.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #114
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
I just want to add that MP-1 and MP-5 are pretty shite since MP-10 onwards. Those two sit in their boxes, and I should probably just sell them.
I think MP-1 is good. If talking about MP1 is shite, then all G1 are trash.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #115
Msol
Titanium

I'd say G1 Prime beats MP-1 on the nostalgia level, while MP-10 beats him on everything except a light-up Matrix
Old 11-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #116
CAF
Banned

Ok, here's more opinion from your favorite dude on the site...

IMO, MP-01 and MP-05 are pretty cool. They have their own appeal and one day I may even want to get them with a similar appreciation as I have for G1 stuff.

I also think that the Masterpieces that I have been scrutinizing so much lately, Ironhide, Ratchet and Tracks would be great on the shelf with these 2 versions of Megs and Prime. Along with Rodimus and early kibble hip seekers.

This is how I hope to see the future of this line actually, as if Takara is making these latest few with room for improvement, with a possible intention of doing a wave of second more cartoon accurate versions to appeal to the more scrupulous collectors. Kind of like how MP-01 got an upgrade to MP-10 and the Seekers got a redo.

Hey, it could happen. History repeats itself.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #117
Msol
Titanium

So wait... which MPs DO you own??
Old 11-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #118
CAF
Banned

Me?
Old 11-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #119
CAF
Banned

Habro- Grimlock, Sunstorm, Starscream
Takara- Convoy, Prowl, Lambor, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Streak, Alert, Bumble, Rumble, Jaguar, Frenzy and Buzzsaw.

MP-10 has to be the best of em all though. For me he really sets the bar for the rest.

Last edited by CAF; 11-14-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #120
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Omg really I'm not even going to go their if you think I'm trolling you really have bigger issues.. What no one is aloud to ask or speak what they think? You my friend just trolled as you have nothing to say but try to call me out.. I was at a total loss of think as to why I have been so letdown by tracks till I had a good chat with a member from repo labels site and he too thinks third party is maybe the blame as I'm used to getting fair better figures lately from them.
I merely stated an observation, and your implying that I think no one should say what they think, but your the one that is actually criticizing me for saying what I think...

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote