Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 AM   #11
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Manitoba thread for non-sighting chat

I really like the look of the new Blurr, Mindwipe & Wheelie. All must haves for me.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:24 AM   #12
jaymagnus2011
Generation 2

iam waiting for onslaught then combiners wars wave 6 then leader class skywarp and my combiner wars collection will be done
jaymagnus2011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
Gordicon14
Generations

Ah yes, leader Skywarp is supposed to be my last purchase of the CW line, to go with my starscream and thundercracker. Hopefully i can catch an awesome sale like i did with Starscream (40% off!)

I'm passing on Bruticus, though swindle is so tempting... dont have any other swindles.. but buying swindle without the rest of the combaticons seems wrong. Damn collectionism is acting up... pardon me
Gordicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #14
El Bastardo
Generation 1

Hey all! I barely talk on here but here goes. I'll take a crack at those icebreakers.

1: Ultra Magnus. No question. I'm not super familiar with his IDW incarnation but I actually like this design more than his G1 version. I tend to buy transformers, transform them into robot mode if I need to, pose them once and leave them like that on display but UM is just so fun to mess around with, I've kept him near ever since! Also, there is barely a joint on him without ratchets.

2: Yay I guess. Pretty bummed about soundwave and blaster but a couple look pretty good so far like Galvatron and FM.

3:I really can't stand them. I saw the first one and a quarter of the second and was just so disgusted I couldn't watch the rest. I don't care for the toys either except evasion prime. Letting bay and whoever else is responsible for the script and designs I guess is my answer.

4:I really haven't watched any since beast machines. An interesting story like beast wars I suppose.

Now, my icebreaker question for you all:

5: How did you fall in love with transformers? Not necessarily your first experience with them.
For me, it was the movie. The real movie. Nothing can compare to seeing that in the theaters as a kid. The art design, the old characters I'd seen in the cartoon and come to like getting killed off en mass, the environments, the voice acting and the new characters. It just blew me away and I've been hooked ever since!
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #15
Gordicon14
Generations
Cool Re: Manitoba thread for non-sighting chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Hey all! I barely talk on here but here goes. I'll take a crack at those icebreakers.

1: Ultra Magnus. No question. I'm not super familiar with his IDW incarnation but I actually like this design more than his G1 version. I tend to buy transformers, transform them into robot mode if I need to, pose them once and leave them like that on display but UM is just so fun to mess around with, I've kept him near ever since! Also, there is barely a joint on him without ratchets.

2: Yay I guess. Pretty bummed about soundwave and blaster but a couple look pretty good so far like Galvatron and FM.

3:I really can't stand them. I saw the first one and a quarter of the second and was just so disgusted I couldn't watch the rest. I don't care for the toys either except evasion prime. Letting bay and whoever else is responsible for the script and designs I guess is my answer.

4:I really haven't watched any since beast machines. An interesting story like beast wars I suppose.

Now, my icebreaker question for you all:

5: How did you fall in love with transformers? Not necessarily your first experience with them.
For me, it was the movie. The real movie. Nothing can compare to seeing that in the theaters as a kid. The art design, the old characters I'd seen in the cartoon and come to like getting killed off en mass, the environments, the voice acting and the new characters. It just blew me away and I've been hooked ever since!
Cool, thanks for being the first answer the icebreakers...

So here are my answers...

1. Favorite CW - thats tuff. UM is definitely among the best, if not THE best because both modes are awesome and its the only G1-esque UM I have. Love all the protectobots and arielbots. And i really like the leader ss/thundercracker mold. Look forward to skywarp

2. Titan Returns - yay for a couple of the headmaster and Wheelie... i'll skip the rest

3. Bad Bay moves - Killing off Jazz and Ironhide, a very un-Optimus like killing of Sentinel Prime. Horrible starscream bot mode. The enitre AoE movie (almost walked out).

4. New cartoon - i'd love to see a cartoon that treats all the variations of TFs within a single universe, sort of borrowing from the Robots in Disguise, Dark Cybertron, Combiner Warz and Windblade series

5. How i fell in love with TF. It was the awesome artwork (and ideas invoked from) the original box art/poster and of course OP himself. He was just so much more awesome than my gobots. And then many years later my love was rekindled by a Classics Prowl figure i bought for my son but as i was showing him how it could turn into a robot and a car i realized jusg how far TFs had come since G1. So poseable! Been in love ever since. And luckily i have a wife who (as a little girl back in the 80s) wanted to marry Optimus Prime.

Last edited by Gordicon14; 02-19-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:42 AM   #16
El Bastardo
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordicon14 View Post
Cool, thanks for being the first answer the icebreakers...

So here are my answers...

1. Favorite CW - thats tuff. UM is definitely among the best, if not THE best because both modes are awesome and its the only G1-esque UM I have. Love all the protectobots and arielbots. And i really like the leader ss/thundercracker mold. Look forward to skywarp

2. Titan Returns - yay for a couple of the headmaster and Wheelie... i'll skip the rest

3. Bad Bay moves - Killing off Jazz and Ironhide, a very un-Optimus like killing of Sentinel Prime. Horrible starscream bot mode. The enitre AoE movie (almost walked out).

4. New cartoon - i'd love to see a cartoon that treats all the variations of TFs within a single universe, sort of borrowing from the Robots in Disguise, Dark Cybertron, Combiner Warz and Windblade series

5. How i fell in love with TF. It was the awesome artwork (and ideas invoked from) the original box art/poster and of course OP himself. He was just so much more awesome than my gobots. And then many years later my love was rekindled by a Classics Prowl figure i bought for my son but as i was showing him how it could turn into a robot and a car i realized jusg how far TFs had come since G1. So poseable! Been in love ever since. And luckily i have a wife who (as a little girl back in the 80s) wanted to marry Optimus Prime.

Yeah that box art was amazing. Actually I had a similar experience where I hadn't been interested in transformers since beast wars and hadn't bought a toy at all in years when I happened to see classics sunstreaker one day. I still love that mold. Now I have hundreds.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #17
Gordicon14
Generations

Here's another topic to discuss: TFs and their presence in your subconcience (dreams). I find the psychology and culture related to collecting things very fascinating. As such, I'm curious whether TFs ever show up in your dreams? If so, what do these dreams typically involve?

TFs sometimes show up in my dreams. Almost always its the thrill of the hunt - looking around the toy section of a store I've never been in, seeing racks of TFs i've never seen before, or finding the figure i was wanting, or being disappointed from an entire isle of peg warmers. But that's the extent TFs appear in my dreams.

How about other people? How do TFs appear in your dreams, or do they appear at all?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #18
Gordicon14
Generations

Alright, that discussion went stale. Manitobans, help keep this thread alive, lest it become relegated to the 3rd or 4th page.

feel free to start a new discussion!

Here's one: if you were a Transformer, what would your alt mode be? Faction? Specialty? Chracter bio and stats?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 PM   #19
Gordicon14
Generations

Name: Gordicon
Altmode: 1986 Hyundai Pony, with rust
Faction: Autobot
Specialty: researcher

Strength: 4/10
Speed: 5/10
Intelligence: varies from 4 to 8
Firepower: 1
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Gordicon became known for his research and critical writing about the Golden Age of Cybertron, False Primes and autocracy. His anti establishment writings were widely cited by Autobot and Decepticon recruiters. At heart, Gordicon will always be an Autobot, though he continues to research and write critically about the abuse of power and corruption among the Autobot and Decepticon hierarchies.