Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Old 09-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
zfarsh
Armada
Anybody purchase from TF-Direct

Someone in TFW2005 forum told me about TF Direct, and they have free shipping for above 150 USD, even for Canadians!!! Anyone buys from them, and do you get hit with Tax / Duty? Do they allow to mark down?

I know i never get hit from Hong Kong / China, but I think TF Direct is in the USA.

Also, do they have a good after market sale.

Thanks in advance.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: Anybody purchase from TF-Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarsh View Post
Someone in TFW2005 forum told me about TF Direct, and they have free shipping for above 150 USD, even for Canadians!!! Anyone buys from them, and do you get hit with Tax / Duty? Do they allow to mark down?

I know i never get hit from Hong Kong / China, but I think TF Direct is in the USA.

Also, do they have a good after market sale.

Thanks in advance.
TF-Direct is based out of Canada as far as I know - that being said, their items are shipped direct from China.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
blackdraon113
Machine War
blackdraon113's Ebay Auctions

ive order a few thing form them and i dont recall getting hit with any taxes
blackdraon113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
elburrito
Animated

custmer service was decent, no extra fees.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

I order from them all the time have not been hit by custom charges yet. They are great excellent packaging too.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
Armagear
Scamper

TF Direct has always been pretty good to me. If they still honor it, there's a coupon code from Benscollectibles you can use. Also never been hit with any extra charges either. Although, I get hit more often when I order from the states rather than from anything coming from Asia.

When in doubt, Kick It

Last edited by Armagear; 09-28-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #7
Chigimus
Masterpiece

My WuKong set of KO Warbotron Bruticus came from TF-Direct. The set was paid for in advance in Aug 2015 as part of the PO deal they were running about a year ago. The last figure (Onslaught) kept getting delayed but it was eventually released, and TF-Direct sent me the set in waves as the figures got released. 2 came right away in August 2015, 2 got sent out later March 2016, and the last piece mailed at the beginning of Sept 2016.

They even sent a courtesy e-mail in August 2016 just to make sure my shipping address hadn't changed after paying for the damn thing a year ago. So yeah, they seem like a pretty trustworthy operation.

Packing is a bit of an overkill ghetto job though. 2 figures came in the original factory case box, wrapped in tons of tape. The next 2 were taken out from the factory shipping box, had large blocks of styrofoam taped around the figure's packaging to make a "box" out of the styrofoam blocks. the last one came in it's original shipper, plus 2 different layers of air pocket sleeves (not bubble wrap, but something like this), then all of that had the EMS bag taped around the air pocket sleeves.

Seriously, TF-Direct has some of the craziest packing jobs I've ever seen. Your order should be more than adequately secure, sure, but their methods are not exactly environmentally friendly. Plastic can be recycled of course, but they sure use a lot of it, and very few places will accept styrofoam, especially when you have to make a mess of removing all the tape they stuck to the foam boards before they can be recycled.

Last edited by Chigimus; 09-29-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote